closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another great turn-around by Zeno

Another great turn-around by Zeno

I bought a Zeno Explorer from a fellow forumite about two years ago, and when it arrived the crown was only screwing in about three quarters of a turn to fully closed.

No problem, I thought, I'll just be extra careful with it, and I won't be wearing it that often anywyay.

Well, despite being extra careful, the crown seemed to take less and less screwing to get it closed every time I wore it, until eventually it was down to about 1/8 of a turn, and of course the very next time the inevitable happened and there were no threads left to screw down at all.

My local watch guy didn't want to attempt to source another tube and crown assembly if there was an option to return it to Basel for repair, so I sent it on its way with a covering note to Zeno, on 14 March.

A nerve-wracking few weeks went by, with me not trying to think about my ZEX at all (!), and much to my relief I received an email from Switzerland on 18 April. Yes they can swap out the crown tube, do a pressure test and post it back, all in for 100CHF. I did a quick currency conversion, breathed a sigh of relief and faxed my Visa details back.

The very next day, 19 April, I received a tracking number, and the watch was back with me on the 26th! :shock: Not bad for a round-the-world-trip!

Anyway, many thanks to Christine and the service department at Zeno, I'm once again a very happy ZEX owner!

Jim

Re: Another great turn-around by Zeno

Thats one watch i should get for sure, great reminder of the Explorer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim:
    I bought a Zeno Explorer from a fellow forumite about two years ago, and when it arrived the crown was only screwing in about three quarters of a turn to fully closed.

No problem, I thought, I'll just be extra careful with it, and I won't be wearing it that often anywyay.

Well, despite being extra careful, the crown seemed to take less and less screwing to get it closed every time I wore it, until eventually it was down to about 1/8 of a turn, and of course the very next time the inevitable happened and there were no threads left to screw down at all.

My local watch guy didn't want to attempt to source another tube and crown assembly if there was an option to return it to Basel for repair, so I sent it on its way with a covering note to Zeno, on 14 March.

A nerve-wracking few weeks went by, with me not trying to think about my ZEX at all (!), and much to my relief I received an email from Switzerland on 18 April. Yes they can swap out the crown tube, do a pressure test and post it back, all in for 100CHF. I did a quick currency conversion, breathed a sigh of relief and faxed my Visa details back.

The very next day, 19 April, I received a tracking number, and the watch was back with me on the 26th! :shock: Not bad for a round-the-world-trip!

Anyway, many thanks to Christine and the service department at Zeno, I'm once again a very happy ZEX owner!

Jim

Nice indeed, congrats :drunken:

I miss my Zeno......think I maight have to indulge :)

a lovely watch

I still havn't found out where to get one (ideally with the swiss movement) ... L

Journeyman

Nice indeed
    Palleurup

I had the same problem with the crown tube, but my local Jeweller did take on the repair....and they've just sent me a text to say it is done...cost £35 8)

Cool!

Cool!

:thumbup:

Great watch. Tempted to chase one down.

Very nice.

Truly nice, again something to look for.