closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling B1 SQ Service

ptm

Breitling B1 SQ Service

Just about to buy my first B1 for £1100, it is from Sep 2005, and last had a battery and re-seal in Sep 2009. It will probably be due another battery by the end of the year so I was thinking to have a full overhaul service.

Does anyone know the price of a full service, and do they really come back good as new.

Also does £1100 seem a fair price for a B1 SQ, in fairly good condition.

Re: Breitling B1 SQ Service

Quote Originally Posted by ptm
    Just about to buy my first B1 for £1100, it is from Sep 2005, and last had a battery and re-seal in Sep 2009. It will probably be due another battery by the end of the year so I was thinking to have a full overhaul service.

Does anyone know the price of a full service, and do they really come back good as new.

Also does £1100 seem a fair price for a B1 SQ, in fairly good condition.
    Hello,

I had my the Breitling UK replace the battery in my B1 SQ and give the watch a polishing and general once-over. The work was doen in August 2010 and the total price was just in excess of £250. The watch did come back looking like new, although there was generally only light wear going in -- nothing too challenging for them, I'd guess.

Parx

IIRC I paid about £210 to an authorised Breitling independent for a battery, service & new glass.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman

I know the B1 is a bit more substantial than the Aerospace, but I've just had mine fitted with a new battery and full case refurb for less than £100.

Banned

That is a good price for a b1 SQ, is it full B&p's?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Had mine go through a full overhaul for £220 but then was told hands and crown would be replaced at an extra cost of £75. This was only a few months ago.

ptm

Thanks for the replies. The watch has been sent so I should receive it tomorrow!

I get the same thing done when I first bought my B1 and it was so nice to have virtually a new watch back from Breitling.

Sure it's not cheap, but you know that everything has been checked and you get the piece of mind of 12 months guarantee from Breitling.

The worse part is that it takes up to 12 weeks, which is too long in my opinion and no fun to be without your watch for that time.

It's worth checking out the video of what they do when they service your watch: http://www.breitling.com/service/

ptm

Quote Originally Posted by dashfield
    It's worth checking out the video of what they do when they service your watch: http://www.breitling.com/service/
    Great video. I didn't realise what goes into a simple service. The polishing video is separate. Is polishing included in a full service?