closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone using Netflix?

Anyone using Netflix?

Got the free trial and had a play on my 360. I was shocked by how pathetic the catalogue was.

How does Hollywood really hope to put a dent in piracy when this is the best out there?

I think the most recent film available on there was The Rock.

Re: Anyone using Netflix?

yes but using the DNS hack so I can get in the US netflix site which is much better :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddymac
    yes but using the DNS hack so I can get in the US netflix site which is much better :wink:
    ^^^

When this is done, the library is superb. However, totally agree with the UK comment - they've not really given people enough reason to stay after the trial.

I'm the opposite, I've been impressed by the catalogue. I'm more interested in the large amount of TV content. The selection for children is excellent as well. I'd rather watch new release movies on blu ray via Lovefilm and keep the streaming for other content.

Anyone using Netflix?

Had a look at the weekend, as a possible alternative to iTunes movie store, couldn't believe how limited an dated the collection was. Considering they seem to be a high profile player in that market I was disappointed, don't think I'd even bother with the free trial.

The content has increased every day since the release. I was surprised how much has been added in such a short space of time.

Master

I got 50 quids worth of Acetrax movies when I bought a new TV recently. Same thing. Pathetic catalogue and distinctly below standard definition quality.

The picture quality on streamed movies on Netflix seems to be very good, not blu-ray standard of course but comparable with DVD.

Will we ever get to the point where there is a Spotify for movies?

I used to pirate all my music, but with the convenience of Spotify I now pay for it all.

Sadly I believe it will be years before this happens. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by senwar
    ^^^

When this is done, the library is superb. However, totally agree with the UK comment - they've not really given people enough reason to stay after the trial.
    Is this easy to do? Any info?
    I guess this only works for a computer, not PS3??

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar
    ^^^

Is this easy to do? Any info?
    I guess this only works for a computer, not PS3??
    Its very easy - although I'm doing mine with a paid subscription (only $4.99 a month) to unblock.us (all details of how on there, including free trial).

And yes it works on PS3 - I've also got it running on my Apple TV. Again both very easy to set up

Master

Anyone using Netflix?

How does it compare to Lovefilm?

I find the streaming to be a lot better than Lovefilm. The picture quality is better and there are some titles with surround sound. The content is subjective, I think the Netflix streaming content is better than Lovefilm but others disagree. Lovefilm comes into its own when you add blu-rays into the mix. I will keep both subscriptions but reduce the number of discs I have from Lovefilm to 2 a month.

Craftsman

It took netflix some time to build the US catalog. It's still not great, but good for kids stuff, TV shows, and documentaries.