closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice for leather "belt-loop" with Deployant Clas

Journeyman

Advice for leather "belt-loop" with Deployant Clas

I don't care for the bent-up look regular strap buckles give the leather, so just today had a deployant clasp installed on my leather strap.

I like it, but now that leather (loop intended for the tail of the strap after it fits through the regular buckle) is just dangling out there with nothing to do except snag on stuff.

I could have saved myself some trouble by getting a strap that ALREADY had a deployant installed, so maybe I didn't think this all the way through.

What does one do about that left-over leather ring? Just snip it off with a pair of clippers?

-KB

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just cut it off and throw it away, thats what I have done in the past.

thats unless you know someonr with a very thin waist who could use it for a belt :D

Cheers,

Ben.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

If you're never going back to the buckle, just snip it and throw it away!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman

I suspected as much...

Thanks for the reassurances that just lopping the old loop off is the way to go. I hadn't done this before, so I was hesitant to take a blade to a finished leather product.

Cheers!
    - KB

The other thing you can do, that I personally prefer, is to snip the loop in half fold it back around onto the inside of the strap and glue it in place. It achieves pretty much the same thing except you don't end up with a "raw" end where the loop has been severed from the strap. Probably not much in it. Best of luck, be bold!

Rich

Journeyman

Clipping loops

Rich,

I already clipped the edges before I read your suggestion. Those raw edges ARE a telltale reminder that the strap has been modified. I think I'll use some beeswax to dress the edges up, and they shouldn't show as much (I doubt that anyone but another watchy-type would notice, anyhow...).

Cheers!
    - KB