closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bell & Ross

Master

Bell & Ross

These are in my list of possible next watch, does anyone on here own one, if so, which model and how do you find it in the real world.
    Pics. Would be nice as well.
    Thanx.

Blog Entries

Re: Bell & Ross

Looks are not my cuppa, but beauty is.............etc.
    The price is to high (RRP) and in two tests i read they used not even the highest quality ETA movements but a very basic version, not done IMHO>

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master

Disappointing to hear about lower quality movements in watches that cost that much..

I really like the BR123's and BR126 but not so keen on the others. The BR 01 92 Airborne II is... dreadful! I think I'd be embarrassed to wear it! :)

Master

Regarding price, I would never buy new, been there, done that with other goods, a well looked after used one would be my choice.

I've owned 9 B&Rs. They are nice watches. Like any watch, I'd recommend you try them on first.

Of all the watches, I would highly recommend the BR02 range, these are very underrated and can quite often be found with large discounts.

They are pretty good, if a little a bit over priced for a basic ETA inside.
    Love mine though, ideal as a beater for work.
    Paid £850 for it, they did go up to £1150, but are now discontinued AFAIK

I've always been drawn to the 03 type aviation - even though digital is not really my thing it just looks right

Master

I like them alot.

The square one´s are just square, look at the rest.............

Hans

Master

I actually quite like the square ones, (especially on a strap ), a bit more rugged looking than the others, and seeing as I want a watch to fit somewhere between the seiko monster and the navi world Breitling, it just seems to fit the bill.

Craftsman

I seriously considered the 126 XL before buying my Sinn. Have to say I am still v happy with the Sinn. BR02 still catches my eye as an attractive model though.

Journeyman

The B&R Square ones in my opinion are really nice. There is a black phantom version that is really cool. Its all black!
    :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by 9:59

The square one´s are just square............
    Maybe so, but they look the best :D

I keep toying with the idea of buying one of these. Lots of strap options for variety too.

I got a BR03-92 stainless on my 30th... looks weird, wears well. Keeps time as well as my PO and looks excellent on a Heroic 18 in vintage brown leather or a black NATO.

Looks odd, yes. Residuals bad, yes.

But, the blue lume is awesome and its very 'now'. If you like them, buy one. Plenty of 2nd handers on ebay.

Mine sits in the collection with a speedy, a silverstone and a PO... always room for a B&R!

Bell & Ross

I rather like them, although they must be a bit of a head over heart choice for reasons stared. I love the BR03 dials, but the shape is just too square to wear, not uncomfortable but I would be too self conscious. The 02 is great, especially Carbon / Arabic, but, has the feel of one of the boutique divers, but with a much bigger price tag!

Apologies for the lack of pics, but I have has a couple of BR03s and the larger BR01 and they both wore really well, I actually really loved the larger model it was really comfy to wear. I also owned a 123 Heritage pvd, but it felt a bit small after the square models - a gorgeous watch though. I cannot say about the movements, but case finishing and packaging are spot on. Great strap choices too! In my opinion they have really grown as a brand without the Sinn connection and become more of a product in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc
    I rather like them, although they must be a bit of a head over heart choice for reasons stared. I love the BR03 dials, but the shape is just too square to wear, not uncomfortable but I would be too self conscious. The 02 is great, especially Carbon / Arabic, but, has the feel of one of the boutique divers, but with a much bigger price tag!
    I like them alot. Agree with the head over heart quote but it was something I really fancied a couple of summers ago and tried the BR01 on, thinking it was too square and wouldn't be comfy, but I was wrong. They're very easy to wear and the non leather straps are as comfy a strap as I've had.

Bought the tan one first, then the wife bought me the radar and got offered the compass at a decent price so thought it would be rude not to!! The compass takes a little getting used to to read but once its been on for a while, its fine.

Malc

Master

At least you're not going to walk into a pub and see someone with the same watch on, are you?

Blog Entries

That diver with the inner rotating bezel looks like a cheap toy watch.
    Nobody seems to keep them for a long time, and they are quickly losing their value.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Bell & Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc
    I like them alot. Agree with the head over heart quote but it was something I really fancied a couple of summers ago and tried the BR01 on, thinking it was too square and wouldn't be comfy, but I was wrong. They're very easy to wear and the non leather straps are as comfy a strap as I've had.

Bought the tan one first, then the wife bought me the radar and got offered the compass at a decent price so thought it would be rude not to!! The compass takes a little getting used to to read but once its been on for a while, its fine.

Malc

Great collection you've got there!

I've had a BR01-96 since new. Big old chunk of steel, but i love big watches. Nice clear dials and very solid build.

Contemplating selling mine, hence why i've popped back on this forum for the first time in a long time [remember selling my Sinn 756 black on here!].

Shall put a post on sales forum if i go for it [have a 15 month old baby that is taking all my ££ up!!]

Grand Master

I dislike their huge chunks of steel, much as I don't like the loud, oversized watches made by any other manufacturer. The 42mm square one is also too big, yet the 39mm one is like wearing a domino.

I do like their slim, decent-sized Vintage range - lovely and clear, although the PVD version is a bit incongruous - and I liked many of the ex-Sinn designs like the Demineur and Space I/2/3 that have now been discontinued.

However, as with anything from Switzerland, the prices make me want to puke.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Craftsman

I bought a BR02-94 just over a month ago and it hasn't left my wrist since! I've been after a B&R watch for several years and originally I was aiming for a chronograph BR01, but I love the tonneau style case of the BR02. It's a fantastic bit of kit; A real lump of beautifully crafted stainless steel strapped to your wrist :) It doesn't wear overly large though ... The short lugs and sweeping case design help keep the BR02 quite compact.

The other aspect that grabs your attention to the BR02 is the slightly domed sapphire crystal, which drops away at the edges. It refracts the light and distorts the dial at extreme angles, but it's mesmerizing experience. B&R are a heart over head purchase and definitely worth considering when looking at second hand pieces. Go try a few on and see what you think!

By the way, I'm sure the lead designer of the McLaren MP12-4C wears a BR01-94 :P

My review: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202591
    ABlogToRead Video Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lb1nf-cjGo

I've had mine since Christmas and to tell you the truth I'm still not 100% in love with it.

Can't put my finger on it but I don't stare at it and wear a big grin whenever I put it on like I did with all my other watch purchases!

No complaints with the quality/timekeeping etc but something doesn't have me absolutely IN LOVE like I want to be! :(

Couple of pics:

Cheers,

Toby

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches
    I've had mine since Christmas and to tell you the truth I'm still not 100% in love with it.

Can't put my finger on it but I don't stare at it and wear a big grin whenever I put it on like I did with all my other watch purchases!

No complaints with the quality/timekeeping etc but something doesn't have me absolutely IN LOVE like I want to be! :(

Couple of pics:

Cheers,

Toby
    For me the Heritage is a great looking watch.

Have a look over at http://www.br-avo.com/forum/forum.php , loads of info on the great watches in the B&R range.

Here's my 02 carbon chrono, really pleased with this one and for a large watch its a super comfy watch to wear,

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimouse
    I bought a BR02-94 just over a month ago and it hasn't left my wrist since! I've been after a B&R watch for several years and originally I was aiming for a chronograph BR01, but I love the tonneau style case of the BR02. It's a fantastic bit of kit; A real lump of beautifully crafted stainless steel strapped to your wrist :) It doesn't wear overly large though ... The short lugs and sweeping case design help keep the BR02 quite compact.

The other aspect that grabs your attention to the BR02 is the slightly domed sapphire crystal, which drops away at the edges. It refracts the light and distorts the dial at extreme angles, but it's mesmerizing experience. B&R are a heart over head purchase and definitely worth considering when looking at second hand pieces. Go try a few on and see what you think!

By the way, I'm sure the lead designer of the McLaren MP12-4C wears a BR01-94 :P

My review: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202591
    ABlogToRead Video Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lb1nf-cjGo
    Just scratched my B&R itch by purchasing the new BR02 carbon that AndyMilts is selling in SC... Total impulse purchase which my bank manager will give me grief for but I have been considering these watches for ages and the chance to buy a new one with a good discount and package was too much to resist! Your review helped to tip me over the edge... So thanks from me

+1 for the BR02 if your wrist can take it :)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner
    Just scratched my B&R itch by purchasing the new BR02 carbon that AndyMilts is selling in SC... Total impulse purchase which my bank manager will give me grief for but I have been considering these watches for ages and the chance to buy a new one with a good discount and package was too much to resist! Your review helped to tip me over the edge... So thanks from me
    Excellent! I'm glad my review was of some use :) Congrats and enjoy your new B&R! :thumbright:

really like these, where is the best place to bag a bargain. My post count isn't high enough to enter the forbidden sales corner yet!

That radar and the compass one looks strange ... :shock:

Have seen them before, but will never get used to them.

To each his own, I guess.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by cslonko
    really like these, where is the best place to bag a bargain. My post count isn't high enough to enter the forbidden sales corner yet!
    The forums over at http://www.br-avo.com and http://www.chrono24.com are a good place to start :)

Craftsman

If I wanted a square watch, these would be up there but I think i'd prefer a TAG Monaco. Overall, there are more preferable brands for me due to, as others mentioned, the movements.

Quote Originally Posted by cslonko
    The forums over at http://www.br-avo.com and http://www.chrono24.com are a good place to start :)
    thanks for that, i will report back with any purchases

I quite like them, but I would look for one second hand, the residuals i believe are not too great.

I bought a BR-03 Stainless steel from here nearly 2 years ago. It's the watch I wear most often. It wears really well. I wear it with a brown leather strap and think it looks great with a pair of jeans as a causal watch. Saying that I wear with a shirt to work too.

Go for it

I've always fancied one but was put off by a sales guy (one I trust actually!) at Watches of Switzerland telling me that they had had a couple of B&R's go back to Switzerland with movement issues. He also said their Customer Service was less than impressive.
    Only telling you what I heard - feel free to contradict me.....

Mike Seal

Master

Certainly they are different to other watches out there. Beauty is to the eye of the beholder.
    My concern is their price point and movement. However if you are going to wear it daily, why not?
    Any movement issue should be rectified under warranty.

I absolutely love the stainless BR02 but the price is a little rich for the movement. 2nd had all the way. I just need to find a stainless one at the right money. It's the only BR I really like.

Craftsman

Got my BR02 carbon from AndyMilts and have to say i am impressed with the watch - a very well constructed piece... For me the movement is less important than the sense of build quality across things like strap, buckles, case, sapphire crystal, winders.. Etc and B&R seem to pay attention to these details. Makes a nice alternative to my SOH46 :)

Like. 8)

I’m contemplating another B&R, but undecided about which model at the moment.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries

I really like the classic-look B&Rs, and those two of Ralphy's for that matter (OIL IN / AIR OUT - awesome 8) ) but the square "altimeter-style" ones just don't do it for me. All subjective, of course, but I feel they look incredibly blingy in the flesh and I prefer something lower-key. Those I've handled seem very well made, and in some ways (see other threads) the presence of a generic ETA movement is good, if you plan to avoid paying horrendous service charges for an in-house engine...

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner
    Got my BR02 carbon from AndyMilts and have to say i am impressed with the watch - a very well constructed piece... For me the movement is less important than the sense of build quality across things like strap, buckles, case, sapphire crystal, winders.. Etc and B&R seem to pay attention to these details. Makes a nice alternative to my SOH46 :)
    *nods*

It's all in the detail with B&R :)

Craftsman

*nods*

It's all in the detail with B&R :)
    Indeed... I am now drawn to this one: http://www.bellross.com/uk#/collecti...ge/heritage/97... must resist!