'Arry gets acquitted and Fabio quits :lol:

EDIT: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16941457

Re: Capello Quits!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16941457

bl**dy hell!!!
    what an absolute shambles the FA is!!?

There goes Spurs' season and the Euros in one go :lol:

They should just appoint Harry's dog as an interim manager - it can handle money quite well so should be able to keep an end up 'till Spurs are guaranteed a Champions League place...

Master
    Right Behind You Laughing ! A proud Yorkshire man too :)

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71

They should just appoint Harry's dog as an interim manager - it can handle money quite well so should be able to keep an end up 'till Spurs are guaranteed a Champions League place...
    Post of the day

Craftsman

Capello Quits!

The press get what they want again.

O great, just what we need in the run up to the euros...

Banned

He should have been sacked after the world cup regardless of the payout . :evil:

Craftsman

how convenient that rednapp has just been aquited :o .......... football in general especially the Premier league is a shambles.
    As a Portsmouth fan I have seen what the likes of rednapp et al have done to clubs like ours (alledgedly).
    If you read the evidence in the recent case and seen the sort of 'bonuses' and wages they were on..... it will end up with so many clubs going
    under :evil: :evil: rant over :lol:

Master

Listened this morning to Stephen Hester on the Today programme and then hear that this numpty gets something like £6mm for effectively playing subutteo with a load of thick donkeys.

I've shocked myself thinking our bankers aren't paid enough! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjammer
    He should have been sacked after the world cup regardless of the payout . :evil:
    Well said! Quite how he still managed to keep his job after the WC showing i'll never know. :roll:
    We are better of without him. I don't believe he's been paid off though as he resigned.

Anyone else think if Spurs dig their heals in over a short term deal for 'arry til the Euros, that they could do worse than make an SOS to a slightly disaffected Real Madrid coach?

Mourinho for England!

I also have an odd feeling this may be a blessing in disguise. The man divided opinion like you wouldn't believe (including with players within the England squad...) which cannot be conducive to a successful tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches
    Anyone else think if Spurs dig their heals in over a short term deal for 'arry til the Euros, that they could do worse than make an SOS to a slightly disaffected Real Madrid coach?

Mourinho for England!

I also have an odd feeling this may be a blessing in disguise. The man divided opinion like you wouldn't believe (including with players within the England squad...) which cannot be conducive to a successful tournament?
    I think Mourinho would a great candiate as to i think Harry would, either way i can't help thinking one of these will be England manager and the other will be the spurs manager by the summer just which one in which role is anyones guess

Master

If Capello has resigned then he will not be due any compo, which leaves the FA
    free to bung some money at a new manager ( recently acquitted perhaps).

FA are a shambles!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon
    Listened this morning to Stephen Hester on the Today programme and then hear that this numpty gets something like £6mm for effectively playing subutteo with a load of thick donkeys.

I've shocked myself thinking our bankers aren't paid enough! :wink:
    well said, couldn't have put it better myself.

Reminds me of why I lost interest in the game 20 years ago.

Craftsman

I think Mourinho would a great candiate as to i think Harry would, either way i can't help thinking one of these will be England manager and the other will be the spurs manager by the summer just which one in which role is anyones guess[/quote]

I can't see why rednapp would want the England job, other than to boost his ego, and let the red top sports writers tell him how good he really is, there are no transfers to be made and hence no money to be made........... how would he cope :x

Master

I think that Brendan Rodgers of Swansea or Paul Lambert of Norwich would make excellent choices, even though they are not English.

regards

tim

Anyone but arry, except Sven, the turnip or mcclaran

I personally hope that Stuart Pearce gets the call.

And once appointed we can the sack the rest of the FA.

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master

Hands off Harry

The greatest football genius and motivator could get England to win anything cos they are shite.

Too many club cliques and lack of heart

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71
    :D

When Capello got the job and everyone was saying what a top bloke he was and just the man to sort out the England squad, I knew he'd end up being vilified by the media and public alike and said so at the time. Ditto whoever gets the job now. It's an impossible job.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover
    ...It's an impossible job.
    Nah! It's not as easy as that! :wink:

:D

that was long time coming. i wonder which foreigner will come now for the FA. the whole english fa and team is crap. we wony win anything with overated high salary players and primaddonas.

I have never seen the FA as having any guts or intelligence, but on this one I think they were bang on for a change.

Regardless of Terry's "innocent until proven guilty" scenario they knew as soon as the trial was set for after the Euro's that there would be no end of hassle surrounding Terry and that he couldn't captain the squad.

Also, after the shambles of South Africa is Capello no longer being in charge at the Euro's any bad thing?

They need to be on to Daniel Levy first thing in the morning thrashing out an agreement to let Harry take over. And then they need to have the guts to leave Terry behind all together (just like his opponents did at the last World Cup :D )

An Italian abandoning a sinking ship, who would have thought it... :D

Master

Does it really matter?

'arry has apparently said he WILL take the England job. BUT only for the Euros. As long as they're well used and entirely untraceable... :lol:

Although I'm not remotely interested in England's unmotivated team of footballers,
    Harry might just get them to play with a bit more passion.

Rod

That's the thing.... passion.

Which is why we need an English manager for the England team.

International players don't need coaching so much as motivating which is what Harry is best at.

He lets his coaches do the coaching and he manages the players.

I think Harry is the man but if he doesn't take it Alan Pardew is a good shout.

Got a fairly ordinary West Ham side to the cup final and has done well with Newcastle.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

An utter shambles and an embarrassment. I don't blame Fabio one bit, fair play to him - any manager who has to put up with that treatment isn't going to be happy. Those in charge at the FA should hang their heads in shame and resign, about as much chance of that happening as Sepp Blatter resigning though.

Puts England in a difficult position now. I suppose Redknapp is first choice but I cannot see him leaving Spurs, and a caretaker/part time roll until after the Euros is less than ideal. I also cannot see Spurs allowing this set up but time will tell.

Another excuse when England are dumped out in the 1/4s though...

The FA have made a football decision for commercial / PR reasons. It's no wonder Capello resigned - his position was totally untenable and he had been fully undermined. I would not be surprised if he gets a big payout for constructive dismissal. I assume he would have it written / implied in his contract that he was in charge of football matters.

Now, if the FA have engeneered this situation because they feel it would be better from a footballing point of veiw to go to the Euros with a different manager, then although I dissagree, fair play to them because this is a gutsy move.

HOWEVER, I very much doubt the FA have been this calculating though. If they had, they would have revoked the captaincy AFTER Redknapp was found not-guilty - it would simply be too risky to start the chain of events otherwise (unless Redknapp is not the man they want).

IMO the FA have really cocked this up. I think we had a very good chance of doing well at the Euros with Capello in charge. Capello is a winner, has been bringing the youth through, had a very good qualifying campaign and will have learnt from the poor display in SA.

I think I'd now favour Redknapp or Mourinho, but only if they joined immediatley on a full time basis (though they both have inbuilt excuses for not doing well in the summer now). Jose has too strong a personality for the FA IMO though and it would likely end in an expensive disaster (and nothing to do with actual football).

I imagine the FA have looked very carefully at all the evidence against Terry and must be 100% convinced he is guilty, otherwise why else would they have initiated set this chain of events? Their other excuses were pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by bobc
    If Capello has resigned then he will not be due any compo, which leaves the FA
    free to bung some money at a new manager ( recently acquitted perhaps).
    That is what I thought but apparently he gets 1.5 million! This is a dream job, they should not pay so much and the contracts should not be so binding. It should have been a 2 million, rolling contract.

Master

:D :D :D :laughing3:

Rod

Ladbrookes have just taken a £189000 bet from a dog named Rosie that Harry Redknapp will be the next England manager.......

Good INVESTMENT me thinks......

So his dog has a Swiss bank account, we've all been there.