closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Am I crazy...

Master

Am I crazy...

Ok so if some of you followed my other thread a couple of weeks back about a Daytona, you would know that I just got a brand new daytona.

However I want to buy an Omega Seamaster PO 8500 because Im so scared of scratching my daytona!!!! arghhh

Obviously I wear the AP for work, so the Omega will just be for other rough occasions, but my daytona should be my weekend watch but im so afraid to scratch it....its still got all the seals in place and im just not sure what to do LOL am I being a retard haha

Re: Am I crazy...

The simple answer is yes. Why buy a watch if your too scared to wear it?

Wear it you retard.
    F.T.F.A.

Master

Agreed. What's the point of buying it if you'll only keep it in the box.. get it worn.

Another tick in the 'retard' box :wink:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

If you bought the Daytona to be a weekend watch... but are not wanting to wear it at the weekend in case you scratch it.. why have the Daytona?
    When else do you see yourself wearing it, if not for when you originally planned?

On the plus side... sounds like a very reasonable excuse to justify the purchase of a PO :lol:

Craftsman

wear it and enjoy it

Journeyman

I appreciate I'm new to this but surely there is more enjoyment to be found from wearing a watch and seeing it on your wrist than there is seeing it in a box?

Master

I understand where you're coming from... but in short, you're crazy. The Daytona is a lovely watch and is ideal for dressy occasions... hence me wanting one.

However, to me, any of the current PO or Chrono lineup is completely over the top, not pretty, too chunky and just not something that I like at all. It's definitely not a replacement for a watch as lovely as the Daytona.

If you can live with two main watches, you have a fantastic collection with the AP and Daytona. Don't bother with the Omega.

Craftsman

If you do not feel you can wear a watch it is pointless having it IMO so sell it and buy something you will wear.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Wear it you retard.
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Put it on your wrist and enjoy it.

Yes. You probably are crazy, but I understand your thoughts.

Not sure if I'd want a PO as my rough watch, I've got a G shock 'for rough'. I cant think of when I'd wear a PO rather than a Daytona (I'd wear a Gshock for DIY, working on the car etc. and EITHER the Daytona or PO for most other things).

Master
    Blog Entries

As soon as you get your first scratch you will be heartbroken for a day, after that you won't care too much! :D

I noticed the first stone chip in my new car (25 days old) yesterday. Did it hurt when I saw it? Yes it did. Does it hurt today? Less so. Will it hurt in 6 months time? Probably not.

Stone chips happen. Wear marks on a watch happen. That is life. Wear it, enjoy it. The marks tell a tale of a watch with a story. A watch that has seen things and a watch that has lived.

He who has a Ferrari 250 GTO but is too scared to give it a whoop on a race circuit does not deserve (in my opinion) to be custodian of that car. Perhaps one could say the same about a watch? I don't believe in safe queens.

If your grandchildren are lucky in 70 years your daytona will have developed the patina that this little beauty has, and they will love it for the story it has to tell...

1940's Leo by nick_esders, on Flickr

Man up fella, wear the watch, enjoy the watch, love the watch, ding the watch, give the watch history and then pass it on to future generations to enjoy for being able to tell the history that you and it have forged together.

Master

Guys thanks for all the comments hahaha hilarious.

Alrite im gonna wear it lol the watch is too cool!!!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe
    I noticed the first stone chip in my new car (25 days old) yesterday. Did it hurt when I saw it? Yes it did. Does it hurt today? Less so. Will it hurt in 6 months time? Probably not.

Stone chips happen. Wear marks on a watch happen. That is life. Wear it, enjoy it. The marks tell a tale of a watch with a story. A watch that has seen things and a watch that has lived.

He who has a Ferrari 250 GTO but is too scared to give it a whoop on a race circuit does not deserve (in my opinion) to be custodian of that car. Perhaps one could say the same about a watch? I don't believe in safe queens.

If your grandchildren are lucky in 70 years your daytona will have developed the patina that this little beauty has, and they will love it for the story it has to tell...

Man up fella, wear the watch, enjoy the watch, love the watch, ding the watch, give the watch history and then pass it on to future generations to enjoy for being able to tell the history that you and it have forged together.
    Very well put and am liking that bit of 1940s history

Master

[quote=Laser Sag]
    Quote Originally Posted by "triumph coupe":2gxg19ft

Very well put and am liking that bit of 1940s history[/quote:2gxg19ft]

Yeah, it would be so awesome to show my future generations :)

wibble

Yes, retard. I had a few steel Daytona's over the years - one I never wore and kept LNIB - I ended up selling them all for similar premiums whether they were worn or not.

It will need a service sooner or later, you may as well enjoy it then have it serviced and come back like new again.
    It's just a matter of time...

Crazy, no.... Overly concerned, yes....

But buy the PO anyway, and use that one for garden work :D