closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Planet Ocean..

Journeyman

Omega Planet Ocean..

Evening lads..

how much do the planet oceans go for second hand?

and how much are they new..

or does anyone know any shops doing this model..don't think it's this years..can't seem to find them online..so presuming it's from a previous season..

heard a lot of positive reviews on them...

Hope you can point me in the right direction.. :D

Craftsman

Re: Omega Planet Ocean..

My 2008 PO was £1475 last Summer from SC. It came on steel, the rubber was another £130.
    AD's in Doncaster have new stock in their windows at around £2600. The current PO models run at way over £3k.
    Ebay might net you a similar watch, but buyer beware.

Journeyman

Stunning mate!

Did you pay it all upfront? Or did they do a monthly payments scheme..

I'm not a fan of the new PO's I've seen..

The "old" version (pre Baselworld 2011, available in 42mm and 45.5mm case diameters) goes for about £1500 in SC; about £1800-£2k from dealers. Available with black or orange bezels, and with chrome or orange major numerals. It listed around £2,800, I believe.

The new version (also available in 42mm and 45.5mm case diameters), with the 8500 in-house movement and a load of detail improvements including a ceramic bezel, lists at £3850 or thereabouts on a bracelet (for the 45.5mm) and can be had for about £3100 from on-line discounters. I assume ADs will also have some price flexibility. Chrono24 has a few of the 8500s second-hand already for around £2800, but all of them abroad last time I looked.

Journeyman

I'm after the same one that's pictured above mate..

Grand Master

Planet oceans have gone from available at a grand to the present day where a half decent / nice one will cost you £1400 Ish. Stonking watch but if you go black go white numbers and if you go orange go orange numbers.

Orange is sporty black is more classic
    RIAC

Really nice watches, I had one and I think it was my first sale on our very own sales corner. The earlier ones had very soft AR coating on the crystal - but a nice all round watch - I prefer the SMP300 but like the plain black and white 42mm PO's - the 45.5mm ones are just a little out of proportion for my liking - but some love them and wouldn't have a 42!

The prices are good used at the minute too, almost half the cost of a new one, so makes more sense to by a nice used example.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

Really like the PO's but have such a thin wrist I think it'd look ridiculous on me. I can just about get away with a Speedmaster but get the impression these are considerably larger?

The only way they are affordable now is secondhand as Omega have really raised their prices. Mine at 45mm is a touch big, especially on its rubber strap.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfield
    The only way they are affordable now is secondhand as Omega have really raised their prices. Mine at 45mm is a touch big, especially on its rubber strap.
    the strap is? or the watch itself?

Quote Originally Posted by rossylad92
    I'm after the same one that's pictured above mate..
    +1 I like this one more than the new one.

Craftsman

Gorgeous watches, looked at one today prior to buying my SMP. I'm with a few others, they're a tad on the large size.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk
    Really like the PO's but have such a thin wrist I think it'd look ridiculous on me. I can just about get away with a Speedmaster but get the impression these are considerably larger?
    One of them is - but the others are not. I think the 42mm is a very well balanced size/shape and I don't know why people feel they have to "go large". Nor are they any thicker than the Speedmaster Pro at 14mm... but then, all tastes are different.

Also, the lugs are fairly short, so the watch does not overhang the typical wrist. I would avoid the newer ones, though; they have a glass back that makes them too fat for their diameter.

If you want a watch for a thin wrist, I think the standard Seamaster is a good bet. 41.something mm, so bigger than a typical dress watch, but then it's a dive watch - and it's only ~11mm thick.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Unlike others, I think the black bezel and red numbers is the best combination, the colour really lifts it and makes it more interesting than yet another black and white diver.

The bracelet is the most comfortable I've ever worn. Time keeping is excellent. It's as happy dressed up with a smarter outfit as it is casual, it's a real do-everything watch.

I've got the 45.5mm version, which is better suited to my wrist size than the 42mm version and it's probably my favourite watch. Only my Breitling B-1 comes close.

Journeyman

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product/ome ... h-17330223

it's just a fantastic looking watch..the fingers are bang on as well..

think that's the best one..design wise..nice and simple..but brilliant all the same!

do Goldsmith's ever do a bit of a discount..or is that when you pay for it all upfront?

as I reckon I'd have to go for monthly installments at £70 a month..

bet they cost a fortune to service as well ey..

Journeyman

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/omega- ... 22228.html

What a fantastic review..pics are amazing as well..

Don't buy one new unless you can get a substantial discount.

Much better to buy from Sales Corner here - I've purchased each combination of the 45.5mm now and loved each and every one, unfortunately I've sold them on each time but still get a hankering for one!

Keep your eyes peeled and you'll get a good one for around £1400, half the price of a brand new one!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk
    One of them is - but the others are not. I think the 42mm is a very well balanced size/shape and I don't know why people feel they have to "go large". Nor are they any thicker than the Speedmaster Pro at 14mm... but then, all tastes are different.

Also, the lugs are fairly short, so the watch does not overhang the typical wrist. I would avoid the newer ones, though; they have a glass back that makes them too fat for their diameter.

If you want a watch for a thin wrist, I think the standard Seamaster is a good bet. 41.something mm, so bigger than a typical dress watch, but then it's a dive watch - and it's only ~11mm thick.
    Wise words.

This is a 42mm PO 8500 from "another forum." This gentleman's wrists are thin (size unknown) and IMHO the watch looks rather too large for him. When trying one on my 7" it was fine.

David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Unlight
    Don't buy one new unless you can get a substantial discount.

Much better to buy from Sales Corner here - I've purchased each combination of the 45.5mm now and loved each and every one, unfortunately I've sold them on each time but still get a hankering for one!

Keep your eyes peeled and you'll get a good one for around £1400, half the price of a brand new one!
    I'd have to pay in monthly installments mate..I wouldn't have 1,400 to pay out straight away.

Blog Entries

Can I ask the Omega experts the model number of a 42 mm PO with the 8500 movement , liquid metal , steel bracelet and black and white only no orange ?
    There seems to be loads of reference numbers with special editions and what not .
    This is the model I'm interested in so any help would be great

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack
    Can I ask the Omega experts the model number of a 42 mm PO with the 8500 movement , liquid metal , steel bracelet and black and white only no orange ?
    There seems to be loads of reference numbers with special editions and what not .

Thanks
    Liquid metal refers to a ceramic/metal bonding process found in a limited edition PO - please see this thread - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=213512 - for superb shots of SeikoKing's PO which has the 2500 co-ax calibre. The LM components of the watch were the bezel and the dial.

PO model reference 232.30.42.21.01.001. is the one in 42mm, has the 8500 co-ax calibre, your (and mine) preferred colouration and a ceramic bezel but this is not liquid metal.

AFAIK, the 232.90.46.21.03.001 a 45mm PO in titanium, with a blue bezel and dial, is the only current LiquidMetal watch with an 8500 calibre.

I think..... :D
    David

The PO seems to be keeping very good second value.I am listing one (orange with orange) not on TZ as I am new but a 2008 model with all box and papers for £1700. looking around at various auctions and outlets thats a fair price.

Tony

Blog Entries

Thanks , I'm glad I'm not the only one confused . So the new 8500 42mm is not available in liquid metal ?
    If this is as you say is the bracelet the same on both models ie improved ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw
    Quote Originally Posted by numberjack

Thanks
    Liquid metal refers to a ceramic/metal bonding process found in a limited edition PO - please see this thread - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=213512 - for superb shots of SeikoKing's PO which has the 2500 co-ax calibre. The LM components of the watch were the bezel and the dial.

PO model reference 232.30.42.21.01.001. is the one in 42mm, has the 8500 co-ax calibre, your (and mine) preferred colouration and a ceramic bezel but this is not liquid metal.

AFAIK, the 232.90.46.21.03.001 a 45mm PO in titanium, with a blue bezel and dial, is the only current LiquidMetal watch with an 8500 calibre.
    I think..... :D
    That is correct.

Thanks , I'm glad I'm not the only one confused . So the new 8500 42mm is not available in liquid metal ?
    If this is as you say is the bracelet the same on both models ie improved ?
    All 8500 models have the newer bracelet. The liquid metal 2500 does not.

Quote Originally Posted by rossylad92
    Stunning mate!

Did you pay it all upfront? Or did they do a monthly payments scheme..

I'm not a fan of the new PO's I've seen..
    Just check but Im Sure Goldsmiths are doing 0%!

Good luck

Watches of Switzerland, Mappin & Webband and Goldsmiths brands are all part of the same group, called Aurum or something like that and I believe they all offer interest free finance. I know for a fact that WoS do.
    David