closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Quartz Alarm Chronograph Model SNA029

Apprentice

Seiko Quartz Alarm Chronograph Model SNA029

Anyone have experience with this watch or the movement? I have had a few Seiko automatic and quartz models in the past (15 years ago) and had good luck with them. Always kept good time.

The questions I have about this one are:

1) How long should the battery last?
    2) How audible is the alarm?

I should be able to answer these myself as I have ordered one and it is on the way :D but would be interested in what others think.

Hi Corporal Sharp
    I am assuming this model is one of the new batch for sale on the main website - it is certainly an attractive model - About 14 years ago I had seiko quartz chrono alarm, two tone with a white dial and roman numerals - top of the range or so I thought I do dislike two-tone and roman numerals now.

Anyway the battery lasted a good 3 years, and I used the alarm function when I was away at conferences etc - and it was loud enough to stir me from my beauty sleep. I think I remember paying some £195 for it :shock:

Enjoy your watch, its great when postie arrives and your ripping his arm off to get the box. Let us know what you think of it

All the best
    Derek

Apprentice

:D Thanks for the info. It is indeed one of the new batch from the TimeFactors web site. It is winging its way here and I hope should arrive late this week or early next. I like the look of this model myself. Not a big fan of metal bracelet so also ordered a Hirsch Carbon Sport for it as well. Nice to have both. I can highly recommend the Hirsch strap. I have one on my PRS-1 and it is very comfortable and holding up very well.

I remember the two tone models from the mid eighties. :lol: I guess my last Seiko chrono was a Sports 100 I bought in 87 or 88. It was a great little watch with an analog display for the current time and digital readout for the date/chro/second time zone/etc. It used two batteries from what I remember and was somewhat complicated to work as some functions required that you position the crown and used the pushers in specific combinations. It gave up the ghost sometime around 95 after 3 years of very hard use in the field and the rest sitting unused in a box.

I also had a Seiko automatic diver at that same time. I think it is still working on my brothers wrist. It is just too large for me.

Sorry to resuscitate a long-dead thread, but I just picked one of these up myself, partly an impulse buy, partly after a discussion on SCWF and deciding I could find an alarm chrono useful. I've swapped the original SS bracelet straight away for a nice 20mm leather strap I had stashed away, but I'm tempted to try it on a grey NATO ? anyone got a pic of that combo?

Hello,

I think the SNA029 looks great on the Bond-strap (thanks Eddie :thumbright: ). Why not on the grey? I would try it!

Pointless thread resurrection I know, but I've used one of these for 12 years now as a pick up and go, 2nd battery, excellent legibility, faultless operation, so confession time.
    I like my Seiko quartz chronograph.