closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: burglars what can you say...

Master

burglars what can you say...

It's never happened to us before so a bit of a shock, went out for 1 hour to pick my son up and came back to find every room in the house ransacked (even the bread bin and fridge)

they had turned the entire place over whist managing to ignore 2 iphones, 1 ipad, 1 mac book pro and 2 cameras.

They only took my planet ocean :( and the kids piggy bank money (£30)

I think they were after my car keys more than anything as all those valuables were on full view in the house.
    The other odd thing is that they came down a back alley to get in (smashed double glazing in the back door) then climbed out the kitchen window on to the main road to escape....

We can now understand the expression 'violation' as all your private stuff is scattered all over the floor....my daughter did write a stiff letter to the burglars!

So if any of you have a 42mm planet ocean with orange bezel resting in a cupboard that you don't need cash is waiting.

Kind regards all

Steve

Master

Re: burglars what can you say...

there scum mate, at least you and your family were out when it happend

Grand Master

I've been done over a few times, by the looks of it, the same people, first time they got in, basically crowbarred the back patio doors, stole two very expensive mountain bikes (one offs), stole the wife's handbag and a few other little things, they missed a pile of money that was just round the corner, phones, never went past the rear dining room or kitchen, so never even looked at things like tv, computers, etc. This was during the night whilst me and the wife were asleep!

They came back after about 6 months, destroyed the back patio doors again, but didn't get in (i added security!), gave up on that, went into the garage, destroyed the garage door and they got the grand total of nothing, except giving my insurers a bill for over 5k due to damage.

Third time, they yet again destroyed the rear patio doors, again, another bill for more bloody doors.

The sad thing is, if they're caught, they get a slap on the wrist, for me, and you, you get a percentage of the claim that the valuables were actually worth, increased premiums for insurance and a black spot when coming to sell your house, there's only so much you can do to stop people getting in, but burglary is treated as a low priority crime, no matter the damage it does.

Very sad to hear, I'm glad not much was taken, in this country the police would hold the door open for them, I reported two bloke breaking into a neighbours garage a couple of weeks ago, I was on the phone to the police whilst watching them, the police didn't turn up,

Sorry to hear about this. It had never happened to us but it must be awful. You have my sympathies.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Ugh, nightmare.
    Sorry you got done over but I'm glad the familia is safe.

Always makes my skin crawl to hear stories like this especially when people were in the house at the time. Wherever the law currently stands on this i would have no hesitation whatsoever in taking down, with extreme prejudice, any intruder i discovered in my home.

It is very bad these people should be locked up for longer.

I'm really sorry to hear that and despite being an atheist, I would like to think that there is some sort of hell reserved for burglars.

The sad fact is that they are statistically likely to return, having worked out the layout and contents of your house. Please upgrade your security and invest in a safe for valuables. These guys http://www.granitesafes.co.uk/ (no connection beyond being a satisfied customer) sorted me out with a nice Chubb safe, delivered when they said they would, were very polite, fitted it very neatly and tidied up after themselves for a reasonable amount.

I hope the Police catch the scrotes.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master

Disgusting, absolute filth I do hope they overdose and get there comeuppance from the drugs they buy.......

Craftsman

Sorry to hear about that.

We should have a third strike rule.

Then just lock the scum away, they really aren't contributing to society, so it's no loss.

Or just shoot them.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    It's never happened to us before so a bit of a shock, went out for 1 hour to pick my son up and came back to find every room in the house ransacked (even the bread bin and fridge)

they had turned the entire place over whist managing to ignore 2 iphones, 1 ipad, 1 mac book pro and 2 cameras.

They only took my planet ocean :( and the kids piggy bank money (£30)
    So sorry to hear that. Makes me angry to read about this sort of thing. Never been burgled myself but can well understand the visceral reactions it causes. Glad to hear they left your cameras anyway.

Burglars! I can't tell you what I would like to say as this is in the G&D. Safe to say I am inordinately pissed off to read of yet another law abiding citizen being subjected to the attention of scum bags. I would love to line them up and take their teeth out with a toffee hammer. Spunkers.

OP- hope you and the family get through this and that it doesn't happen again.

Master
    Right Behind You Laughing ! A proud Yorkshire man too :)

Real Sorry to hear this chap....

We have been done twice when we lived in liecestershire...

They came the first time and took most good stuff , My wife then said
    we are not going back , So we stayed at her mother-inlaws the following night...

They came back that night and just about cleaned us out :cry:

They even took photos of the kids and my wifes underwear :shock:

Scum bags the lot of them :evil:

Grand Master

It's always interesting to look at the reported crime within your area, for my area, you notice patterns emerging in relation to burglaries, vehicle crime, etc, if you haven't already tried it, have a look at http://www.police.uk

Really sorry to hear about this , its horrible , particularly for children .

The scum that do this are beyond description .

Thankfully you were out and, must have been the car they were after.

Sorry to hear this Steveo. Where in Warwickshire are you?

We have had a lot of break-ins in my area and last autumn I chased off two prowlers after a late night out. It seems they are mainly after cars but seem to grab anything portable that they stumble across.

Bad luck, but at least you didn't get completely cleaned out.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman

Sorry to hear what happened. Its strange that they only took your PO and ignored the Apple gear. I'd say they had a list and were looking for specific items. Upgrade your security is the best option.

Master
    Blog Entries

Hope you can clear up quickly, it's horrible when this happens.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977

Third time, they yet again destroyed the rear patio doors, again, another bill for more bloody doors.
    lol clearly they wouldn't be burglars if they had brains, but this is just ridiculous! Maybe the crack was playing havoc with their short term memory.

Craftsman

If they looked in a piggy bank, then surely they must have been teenagers. Most break ins are by rookie, incompetent teenagers who have no idea about theft. That's probably better than having a 'pro' do it I guess. Sorry to hear about your ordeal!

Craftsman

I guess they turn over the same houses or flats as they know their way around and assume the security will be the same each time - thereby reducing their risks and the time spent at the property finding valuables. The old bill have unfortunately always been fairly useless in this respect, and even more so now with the cuts to their budget. I once got my stolen bike back, but that was only because it was so old and beaten up that the thief dumped it!