closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Monochrome Monster madness...a seiko white monster (sort of)

Monochrome Monster madness...a seiko white monster (sort of)

Well look what this forum has done to me. A couple of years back, I'd have hated a Seiko Monster and now I must confess to quite liking them, but never really got round to taking the plunge into Monster ownership. I just didn't need another black faced watch for holidays and the same went for orange (which was a bit too orange for me).

Then I saw a picture of the white baby monster on a posting about white face dive watches. I really liked the look. Didn't seem like a lot of cash for the watch, so I went for it and got one over from Singapore / Malaysia. I liked it, but was a bit disappointed by the bezel in particular (no lume pip especially). I much preferred the dial to the "real" monster dial, though. I saw a couple of threads about the limited edition "snow monster" which is (a) ridiculously expensive and (b) blue highlights rather than black, which I didn't care for. So it got me thinking, the ideal for me would be a real monster case and bezel with a baby white face. So I eventually found (all the way from Tokyo) an unwanted orange monster and got it sent here and then sent it over to Rob at Monsterwatches.nl for a face transplant operation...

A couple of weeks later, the watches came back (white baby face in monster case and orange real monster face in baby case)...I slapped it onto an Isofrane and this is the result...what do you think? I really love the watch, even though the dial undersells the quality of the dive watch inside the case (still has the 5 logo and 100m resist marking of course). Just don't know what to call the one off beauty..."Monochrome Monster", "Black Ice Monster", "Monster in Baby Clothing"? Whatever, it's a great versatile watch and I'm very pleased with the result. I did end up paying over the odds for it, of course, but nothing like a snow monster or even a white night monster.

Re: Monochrome Monster madness...a seiko white monster (sort of)

Hmmm

Like that muchly 8) 8) 8)

Cheers, John :P

thats great looking, it looks especially good on that strap.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz
    Hmmm

+1 me too

White faces are definitely growing on me...

I do like that one, but how about pics of the Orange one as well?

A

I would normally only admire divers watches with black dials. This, however, appeals to me.
    Thanks for showing us

Thanks for the feedback. I am toying with the idea of putting it onto a Di Modell Chronissimo, which might work well with the black and white theme, but I prefer the practicality of the rubber strap.

As you asked so nicely for a piccy of the orange baby, here it is (not yet mounted on a strap)...looks okay, I think...but the lack of bezel pip bugs me a bit still.

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf
    Well look what this forum has done to me. A couple of years back, I'd have hated a Seiko Monster and now I must confess to quite liking them, but never really got round to taking the plunge into Monster ownership. I just didn't need another black faced watch for holidays and the same went for orange (which was a bit too orange for me).

Then I saw a picture of the white baby monster on a posting about white face dive watches. I really liked the look. Didn't seem like a lot of cash for the watch, so I went for it and got one over from Singapore / Malaysia. I liked it, but was a bit disappointed by the bezel in particular (no lume pip especially). I much preferred the dial to the "real" monster dial, though. I saw a couple of threads about the limited edition "snow monster" which is (a) ridiculously expensive and (b) blue highlights rather than black, which I didn't care for. So it got me thinking, the ideal for me would be a real monster case and bezel with a baby white face. So I eventually found (all the way from Tokyo) an unwanted orange monster and got it sent here and then sent it over to Rob at Monsterwatches.nl for a face transplant operation...

A couple of weeks later, the watches came back (white baby face in monster case and orange real monster face in baby case)...I slapped it onto an Isofrane and this is the result...what do you think? I really love the watch, even though the dial undersells the quality of the dive watch inside the case (still has the 5 logo and 100m resist marking of course). Just don't know what to call the one off beauty..."Monochrome Monster", "Black Ice Monster", "Monster in Baby Clothing"? Whatever, it's a great versatile watch and I'm very pleased with the result. I did end up paying over the odds for it, of course, but nothing like a snow monster or even a white night monster.

That is a really nice good mod. Wouldn't mind something like that myself. Hmmm now what to do with my already modded Monster!

The white one looks brilliant. Great work.

I'd call it "Cookies and Cream". Because everybody knows how Monsters love cookies!

Prefer the orange one

Quote Originally Posted by bmpf
    Thanks for the feedback. I am toying with the idea of putting it onto a Di Modell Chronissimo, which might work well with the black and white theme, but I prefer the practicality of the rubber strap.

As you asked so nicely for a piccy of the orange baby, here it is (not yet mounted on a strap)...looks okay, I think...but the lack of bezel pip bugs me a bit still.

Thanks, I do like that one... I'll keep my eye on SC for it.... :?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz
    Hmmm

+1

Quite nice mod you made there... Like it a lot ! :) Well done !

Yes thats a good mod.Defenitly white faces are growing on me to.Your right about the pip!