closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton

Joey Barton

Can you believe that fool! :shock: Will he ever play in the premier league again?

Re: Joey Barton

He has been nothing but trouble for years :blackeye:

IQ the size of his shoes....

Funny quote from the Guardian regarding our Italian friend (who happens to have a similar IQ):
    JOEY BARTON IS SENT OFF! AND THEN KICKS OUT AT SERGIO AGUERO! After a short while and plenty of remonstrations from both sets of players, Mike Dean sends him off. What an absolute moron. Mike Dean and the linesman discussed the incident for a while, and the decision was ultimately a simple one because he appeared to throw an elbow at Tevez. Once he was sent off, he went mental, booting Sergio Aguero up the backside, just like John Terry, and then tried to headbutt Vincent Kompany. He's talked off the pitch by Micah Richards, but not before starting an argument with, of course, Mario Balotelli. He's led down the tunnel by a member of the QPR backroom staff and the police

Quote Originally Posted by Mark020
    IQ the size of his shoes....
    Even then he must have very small feet :lol:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart
    Can you believe that fool! :shock: Will he ever play in the premier league again?
    Haven't see it but in answer to your question. Yes he will,there is always some desperate side like qpr who will give twats like him a bundle of cash. Tragic, as he is an absolute scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by spogehead
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart
    Haven't see it but in answer to your question. Yes he will,there is always some desperate side like qpr who will give twats like him a bundle of cash. Tragic, as he is an absolute scumbag
    Oh tune into MOTD later you can hardly believe your eyes. Hats off to QPR for knuckling down and giving it a good go with 10 men. Other than Mark Dennis, Barton is in a league of his own for madness. I reckon he'll get at least a 10 match ban or maybe more. The look on Sparkies face said it all!

He is a 100% nutter, I liked the way the Balotelli (who wasn't on the pitch at that time) egged him on when we he was heading towards the tunnel :D

Craftsman

It's odd, because he can come across as quite inelegant at times in interviews, and yet on the pitch (and at times in his private life) his actions have beggared belief. He's a good player, but just not someone you want in your squad. I am glad we (Newcastle) got rid as he was simply a distraction we didn't need.

Watching the replay I couldn't see him lash out, and quite how the linesman would of is a mystery, but his actions after really showed him up.

QPR have some big decisions to make.

In arguably the biggest game in their recent history the idiot does that, crazy fool.

Craftsman

I've got to say I can't for the life of me see what the sending off was for . But as for his reactions I think a 8 match ban minimum.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by saturn5
    I've got to say I can't for the life of me see what the sending off was for . But as for his reactions I think a 8 match ban minimum.
    I agree, Barton is a complete tool BUT Tevez was a disgrace too, he could have easily been sent off for his involvement before the alleged offence and his dive after Barton was supposed to have elbowed him was laughable.

Blog Entries

Joey Barton

Shows him for the numpty that he really is. Not necessarily the Tevez incident - but what followed. He's had numerous chances - time to let him spiral off into his own self-destruction. He should never grace the professional football field again after that showing.

z

I feel a bit sorry for him having seen the replay, a harsh red that could have seen a yellow go the other way.

Not that sorry that the next bit gets excused mind. :lol:

How is an elbow in the face a harsh red?

Was it in the face? Was it even a real elbow?

The poor replay I saw didn't shed much light.

I'm not trying to be controversial here, I was watching Stelling and the boys when it happened and switched over to see the afters not the initial incident.

Seemed like a pretty convincing elbow to the face on the replays I saw. Not sure where he'll go next. I'm guessing a more money than sense Championship club, or abroad.

Ah Joey

The perfect panto villain could not resist the spotlight and perfect timing today to reclaim his title of 'biggest headcase in footie'

and he was almost sensible with Paxman...

I bet he wears a fake watch (Barton not Paxman)

Paxman looks like a JLC reverso man to me.

Just seen the Tevez Barton clash on match of the day.

I think Barton was hard done by, Tevez started it then dived on the ground.

I can see Barton's temper boiling over because of the injustice.

Grand Master

Just saw the same thing on MOTD, it was handbags from the both of them vying for position, then Barton swings the elbow into Tevez's chin, so correct decision, what happened afterwards will probably see Barton getting at least an 8 match ban.

Barton is stupid, but the people that know he is stupid and wind him up should not be proud of themselves either.

Master

He was given the red for the first set-to with Tevez who should also have got a red but what followed was typical of Barton. It's a bit strong that Man City supporters are giving him so much when you consider what Balotelli got up to at The Emirates recently. He tried to break a player's leg and got nothing for it. Even retro action was not taken. Football would be better without Barton though. He s a moron.

The aftermath's here on YouTube, but not the original incident.

Odd, but i have a neighbour called Joey Barton, hes a cunt a well, must be a curse.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

You can see that grey-haired QPR player is just resigned to Barton screwing it all up and being an idiot.

Tevez should have probably gone as well.

Such a charming child....

http://twitter.com/#!/joey7barton

I think this guy sums him, (and his family), up very well, though he does miss the incident where the scumbag stubbed a cigar out on someone's face.

http://mrjimmycorkhill.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... arton.html
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman

Other than Mark Dennis, Barton is in a league of his own for madness
    Gavin McGuire used to have his moments as well Martin Allen but I agree you could pretty much count on Mark Dennis having an early bath.

Gutsy performance by the hoops to stay in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by bobar
    Gavin McGuire used to have his moments as well Martin Allen but I agree you could pretty much count on Mark Dennis having an early bath.

I'd forgotten about 'Mad Dog' when managing Brentford, Southend United turned them over at Roots Hall... Allen tore off his blazer and threw it in the dug out, the fans behind the dug out goaded him on, so he leapt out of the dug out ripped off his shirt and tie and threw them into the crowd. :shock: I thought he was going to tear off his trosers as well! :lol:
    Mark Dennis was a psychopath ...Southampton were considering sending him for ECT, you needed a cattle prod to stopping chinning the ref if he blew up for a foul :D An absolute fruit cake!!

Grand Master

All football players should work overtime to the maximum to wind him into a shattering, nuclear rage next season. They should make a pact that for every headbutt and elbow he gives, 5 or 10 are received en masse in return, a la "Call of 99" - the sole language Barton understands. Barton will either change or be so badly injured that he cannot go on a pitch again - it's up to footballing society to take care of itself, surely?

Or they can fine him a tiny fraction of his earnings and let him go on kneeing and headbutting his way around the country. Yes, that would be more civilised...
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Barton is and always has been the worst kind of scrote imaginable, funny enough though this season he has played pretty well, kept his head down for the most and i actually thought he had tuned a corner after all his past troubles.

It does seem that many folk want to drag up the issue of his step brother and the racist murder he was convicted of which to me is unfair, Joey Barton dind't endorse it or support what his step brother did and has been vilified by assocation. That said he is a knob, that is undeniable.

Personally whilst i think a life ban from the game would be appropraite for him i can't see that happening, if it did he would be off to the EU courts to claim his right to earn is being infringed :roll: (it worked for Dwain Chambers). He's 29 so if they could impose an 18 month ban that would largely see his footballing career finished anyway, 18 months out with no football would make him largely unemployable if he is'nt already

Tevez screwed him but he is an easy victim I suppose. What an idiot.

.... as an article in The Times said (page 7 of Football section) "just a jumped up thug who thinks he is too clever by half"

never mind that mindless idiot.... look at the worthy winners;

Very 'interesting' story amongst his tweets...

From the Grauniad

Joey Barton took to Twitter on Sunday night to launch an attack on his former Newcastle manager and the Match of the Day pundit Alan Shearer following the former striker's criticism of his dismissal during QPR's defeat to Manchester City. In an expletive-littered rant he called Shearer a "prick", a "bell" and added "I have better hair". On Monday morning, he also took a swipe at Shearer's colleague Gary Lineker.

The QPR captain will serve an automatic four-match ban for his dismissal for elbowing the City striker Carlos Tevez during the second half at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday. However, he seems certain to face additional sanctions from the Football Association for his subsequent attacks on the match-winner Sergio Agüero and the City captain Vincent Kompany which, with the add-ons for previous dismissals, could see him start next season with a nine-match suspension.

Shearer condemned the player, who he coached during his short spell managing Newcastle in 2009, during Sunday night's Match of the Day, prompting Barton's rant.

"Shearers still on my case... "I know I f*cked up Alan, thanks for stating the obvious," Barton tweeted.

He added: "Whilst were both stating the obvious about each other, can I just say for the record what a great player u were. Well better me...

"But I have a better hair (which is not hard), wear well better shirts on TV and have a personality(something u lack).

"P.S. My final point, ur a s*** pundit/manager...

"I really don't like that prick, in fact I honestly despise him... Goodnight.

"I'd take it off Hansen and @GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon ...". He added: "Selfish, boring man him. He can do one...

"My favourite memory of him though is when he dropped his spuds when Keano put it on him. Goodnight Al, sleep well matey..."

Barton had previously taken to the social media site to apologise for his red card and claimed that, once he had been sent off, he was trying to "take 1 of theirs with me". But Shearer's co-presenter Lineker believed his attack was an effort to deflect attention from his behaviour at Manchester City.

"No deflections here mate. Think the fact about 100m people seen it will see to that. Just don't like how he gets personal …" replied Barton on Twitter on Monday morning.

When Lineker responded, to ask Barton whether he was "still kicking out" and still "misunderstood", it sparked another explosion from the QPR midfielder.

"Do u wanna go there publicly "Mr Squeaky Clean," tweeted Barton, before threatening to expose "skeletons" in Lineker's "vast closet".

He added: " mind ur manners Squeaky..." Then signed off by saying: "now back under your stone you odious little toad..."

Earlier on Monday he had attempted to draw a line under both the sending off and the row with Shearer. He said: "Right enough about yesterday, I apologise to everyone offended by it. If that's not enough for some, so be it. Life is too short.

"Things happen on the pitch, in the heat of battle sometimes. Not how we always plan them to happen.

"For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I seen them, but not very often …"

Barton tweeted on Sunday night: "Can do nothing but apologise to the players and fans. Still don't think it is a sending off. Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck. We are safe.

"The head was never gone at any stage. Once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me. Never worked but god loves a trier.

"Think a few people are forgetting Tevez started the fracas by throwing a punch to the head."

Hopefully the FA will ban him for a while....in the meantime he can look at his 'Can do nothing but apologise' line and consider adding growing up to the list.

Say what you want about Mr Barton but he's spot on about Shearer & Linekar IMO.

Shearer wasnt exactly a clean player. Liked using elbows and winding up defenders and mouthing off. Also recall a certain stamping incident.

Hi

I'm a mad QPR fan (and have been since the 70s), the match on Saturday was tense at best (and then checking the Bolton match...

But Barton is a complete fool and I hope QPR just let him go.

At best he will get a 8-10 match ban.! There is no room for players like him in football...

Thanks
    deano

It must have been tense Deano the match was on Sunday :)

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by bobar

I know Gavin. He is a member of my golf club. Not been sent off the course yet!

Master

you would think barton would keep his head down and collect his £80,000 a week, but no he's too stupid for that.
    hopefully no premier league team will take him after QPR get rid

Banned
    Blog Entries

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18183661

Banned for 12 matches by the FA... about 1000 matches too few IMHO.

He has had more than his fair share of chances, give the opportunity he has to someone else who might actually be able to make a go of it.

Master

That's what, nearly a third of the season?
    Will QPR keep paying his wages, try to sack him for gross misconduct, or try to offload him ???

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad
    Will QPR keep paying his wages, try to sack him for gross misconduct, or try to offload him ???
    There is no indication that they will do anything, until he is sacked or transferred, other than keep paying him his

£80,000 A WEEK

salary. A, the value put on the behaviour of scum.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Journeyman

You need characters in football but he is a moron!

Joey Barton

Quote Originally Posted by schnitzer09
    You need characters in football but he is a moron!
    Why do you need characters? They are paid to play, not be personalities.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Journeyman

The reason football is great is due to the different styles that players bring onto the pitch. Fans love seeing passion from the players and without different characters in the game it wouldn't be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad
    There is no indication that they will do anything, until he is sacked or transferred, other than keep paying him his

£80,000 A WEEK

salary. A, the value put on the behaviour of scum.
    Maybe the Governments "Right to Sack Bill" sorry Under Performance bill will have him and a few other players looking over their shoulder :twisted:

Having watched it again and seeing Tevez acting, he should also be having a telling off, again.

I really hope this mug gets all he deserves. He's had plenty of chances and more than once he says he's a 'reformed character'. He might well be a talent but he's no role model and again we see society giving these offenders too many excuses for their behaviour. :evil:

Rod

PFA chairman Clarke Carlisle: ""It is not Joey Barton per se that is the problem it is the actions he does when he loses control."

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow
    PFA chairman Clarke Carlisle: ""It is not Joey Barton per se that is the problem it is the actions he does when he loses control."
    The problem is he loses control every time anyone pushes his buttons. Or he's had a drink. Or it's late at night. Or he doesn't like you. Or you're an Everton Fan. Or you're breathing.

His actions off the pitch alone are enough for him to be locked away and the key tossed into the nearest river. How many suspended sentences and warnings can he get?

If I punched someone in the face 20 times rendering them unconscious just 6 months after pleading guilty to assault (and with a history of violent conduct), I would expect to spend more than 77 days playing playstation and using the gym in the nick, before returning straight back to my highly paid job.

Vile, odious little toad with no place in polite society.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guz
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Maybe the Governments "Right to Sack Bill" sorry Under Performance bill will have him and a few other players looking over their shoulder :twisted:

Having watched it again and seeing Tevez acting, he should also be having a telling off, again.

I think what we need is a "Right to sack Joey"... not sure what Bill's got to do with it...

:lol: