closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Every day luxury - what do you use?

Craftsman

Re: Every day luxury - what do you use?

This juicy lime green toilet paper is a great way of bringing glorious fruity colour into your bathroom. The Renova Green Toilet Roll will perfectly suit any contemporary bathroom setting, and makes a bold statement by completely moving away from the whites or pale washed out colours usually associated with this product.

http://www.redcandy.co.uk/product-renov ... -green.php

Stuck for a fit idea? 3 Roll Gift Tube £8.40

Not quite every day, but a few times a week this gets opened

Dan

Apprentice

I forgot one thing. Water. Tasty, good, plain water. I can't survive without this particular brand of water.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

guerlain orchidee imperiale new generation rich cream moisturiser
    Jo Malone bath/shower stuff and candles

A Tumi wallet and a Faber Castell pen for me. They just feel right to use and make mundane tasks ever so slightly more interesting.

Tea. I've always used supermarket Assam or Breakfast Tea in a pot, which is already a big step up from Typhoo Tips, but am now looking at buying some single estate loose tea. It's comparatively expensive and can work out around 40p a cup, but as I don't drink alcohol (or very much else) it's an inexpensive luxury and there's quite a discernible difference in taste too.
    The other item is mohair socks. Again comparatively expensive, but as hard wearing as nylon, as warm as cashmere, and as cool as cotton.

Master

Following the cycling theme above:

Stupidly expensive, but exquisitely made, and an absolute perfect fit.

Pete

Master

I do have an Atmos clock which is a bit of an extravagance but I really like it.

My definition a luxury item is a non essential extravagence but i have yet to find anything that gives me better skin than Liz Earle for men so although cheap it is not, it is essential. Using a Mont Blanc fountain pen which i keep in a soft leather case often draws sarky "nice pen" comments from my colleagues who use a bic or whatever's lying around, i'm sure they think i'm showing off but i genuinely enjoy using it & write much better with it than a biro so that most of the time you can actually read what i have written so again essential. I always wear hand made shoes for work as they are comfortable all day long & the leather soles allow my feet to breathe,i have bought cheaper shoes in the past with the intention of keeping the more expensive ones for best but they have proved to be a false economy. So in summary non of my luxury items are luxury at all but all absolute essentials.

Every day luxury - what do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO
    I do have an Atmos clock which is a bit of an extravagance but I really like it.
    Do tell (with piccies)

I buy my tea and coffee from Fortnum's :D

Hansson leather wallet
    Journeyman leather belts
    Church's Consul custom grade leaher shoes
    RM Williams Craftsman and Stockyard leather boots
    Aero leather jackets (50s bomber and B-6 shearling)

Hang on, there's a theme here isn't there?

Cheers,

Master

Not much really but Clarins Fatique Fighter is amazing stuff:

Plus a bit of Super Unleaded for the car :)

Master

Fabulous range of items listed. I'm going to add a Leuchtturm 1917 notebook - arrived at the weekend and am sure it will join the list for me.

8)

Breakfast:

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll

Pete
    I can't be impressed, if I can't read the label ?

Forgot to add my James Smith & Sons umbrella. Had it for 17 years and at the time I paid around £70, now it would cost around £200.

Caran D'ache Ecridor Mechanical Pencil - when you're left handed and leave a trail of blue ink smudge when you write a good mechanical pencil is a thing of joy,

Crumpler backpack - still going after 10 years.

Moleskin notebook - the larger not the smaller. Too popular to be truly cool, but they just work none the less.

iPod touch - internet and music everywhere.

Good fresh ground coffee

Apple MacBook - I've just started a new job and they've given me a PC Laptop and I can't carry this and my MacBook around at the same time.

You can hardly call it a luxury but it's certainly a Godsend, I'm talking about my clingfilm dispenser! A doddle to use and you never end up with 10 metres of scrunched up clingfilm which you have to throw away and you never cut yourself trying to tear off a piece on the aggressive cutting strip they put on the usual packs.

http://www.wrapmaster.co.uk/orderonline.html

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Looking forward to getting some flak for this but my... maid.

She might not come in every day but you cant put a price on never having to iron a shirt or change the sheets. Best luxury out there. Like living in a hotel.

Oh and good shoes (Church's and Berluti) and I love my ST Dupont pen.

I'm not that high maintenance to be honest. :)

**thinks**

I suppose there are a few things I like:

Fresh fish, meat and vegetables - I don't like frozen or prepared food.

High octane fuel - better efficiency and performance.

I don't spend much on work or leisure clothing - I buy off the shelf although I get my shirts and suits tailored to fit. I do buy good quality training gear though. This kind of thing:

At weekends (if I've been good), the odd drop of this. It's not a regular thing but it's good for the soul.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy

Pete
    I can't be impressed, if I can't read the label ?
    It's Rapha - subtle logo on the back (but my wife spotted it and she knows how much it costs)

Pete

Parker 51-medium , Duofold- fine, and Schaeffer Imperial Touchdown intermediate knib.
    Custom built leather high back winged armchair, is probably my most luxurious thing though.

Like many others a Mont Blanc pen, the same one I sat my exams with nearly 20 years ago (and I passed), so its quite sentimental to me.

My Omega tri date watch (when I have it on) and more recently, continuing with the cycling theme, the solitude of the canal path in the morning, with just the swans and ducks for company.

Having 2 young kids, quiet time to myself, doing myself some good is just luxurious

All AV is B&O. Smoke Cohibas. V12 jag/harley/spitfire. St DuPont lighter, Prada wallets etc etc still look a mess and never get offered coffee in AD's

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    Hansson leather wallet
    Journeyman leather belts
    Church's Consul custom grade leaher shoes
    RM Williams Craftsman and Stockyard leather boots
    Aero leather jackets (50s bomber and B-6 shearling)

Hang on, there's a theme here isn't there?

Cheers,
    Not seen their belts before, but looked them up. Seem a good product. Makes you wonder when they can make a hand made leather belt from bridle leather with brass buckle for under £30 quid, and we can pay over £70 quid for a hand made leather watch strap.Why?

Quote Originally Posted by para-dox
    Not seen their belts before, but looked them up. Seem a good product. Makes you wonder when they can make a hand made leather belt from bridle leather with brass buckle for under £30 quid, and we can pay over £70 quid for a hand made leather watch strap.Why?
    Well YOU might pay that much for a leather watch strap - but I have never paid more than about £25 :D :D :D

I guess it comes from my Mum being a Yorkshire lass.

Cheers,

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nr73
    Do tell (with piccies)
    Sorry, can't do piccies, my camera skills are non existent!

I usually attend the Midlands Clock and Watch Fair and there is a chap ( Mike Worthington, I think is his name) there who sells them.

He has a stall of unrenovated Atmos Clocks and, basically, you pick the one you like and he will then bring it up to scratch. I had to wait about a month before mine was ready. He lives fairly locally so I went to his house to collect it where he had about half a dozen running.

I've had mine a couple of years now and it has been faultless, very pleased with it and timekeeping is excellent. Total cost was £850 for a gold plated Roman Dial version. Mike told me the Roman dials were quite uncommon and I must admit I have never seen another one on his stall.

Following my purchase one of my friends was so impressed with my clock that he ordered one for himself and he, too, is very pleased.

If you want further details then do not hesitate to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by para-dox
    Well YOU might pay that much for a leather watch strap - but I have never paid more than about £25 :D :D :D

I guess it comes from my Mum being a Yorkshire lass.

Cheers,
    Mark, no i haven't paid £70 either. No saying I wouldn't, mind. Those vintage Toshis look superb, but its just interesting.I mean, theres only so much 'design' can go into a watch strap, then its materials and paying for the skilled labour. Similar to a hand made belt, I would have thought, but less material.

I was only joshing. I'm with you though, how can a watch strap cost more than a belt?

Cheers,

Master

I was only joshing. I'm with you though, how can a watch strap cost more than a belt?
    Cheers,
    I had a strap custom made for me by DeLaurian, I have a feeling that I paid £170 for it - though as it was a bit ago, it could have been $170. More money than sense - proven as my wife could not then tell the difference on a different DeLaurain and a similar Toshi.

Dior Eau Savage shower gel
    Billingham Hadley Photo (still going strong when it's as old as I am)
    Oakley frames with Rodenstock lenses
    Hasselblad 500C/M whilst my Rolleiflex T is off for a service (or anything else Zeiss which I've got in the cabinet at work)
    My 356 (of course)

Blog Entries

For me, i've moved onto mechanical pencils recently for work and in particular the Graf Von Faber Castell pocket pencil. Looks and feels great and a joy to write with:

Master

My Laguiole pocket knife, model 'extra' from G.David (with corkscrew and punch). Got it the year the Berlin wall fell and still carry it on my belt. Use it for anything from cutting cheese to building the chicken pen. OTOH, truly good tools are no luxury.

Banned

A Belstaff Roadmaster and a Rolex case opener knife. these two serve me well :wink:

D.R Harris shampoo
    C&E Sienna shaving cream with a 1960's Gillette superspeed double edge razor
    Trumpers skin food
    Mulberry money clip
    and a Schaeffer Valour fountain pen

Arthur Price cutlery. More expensive than your average knife and fork, but I've had mine for over 10 years now and it still looks and feels new.

Pete
    That is lovely, must resist lol

Journeyman

I usually attend the Midlands Clock and Watch Fair and there is a chap ( Mike Worthington, I think is his name) there who sells them.

He has a stall of unrenovated Atmos Clocks and, basically, you pick the one you like and he will then bring it up to scratch. I had to wait about a month before mine was ready. He lives fairly locally so I went to his house to collect it where he had about half a dozen running.
    I think it's David Worthington, isn't it? Lives in the Coleshill area and seems to tour the country doing talks on Atmos Clocks so I'm guessing it's the same bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Jai Normus condoms - the Gold Standard of prophylactics :)
    EVERY day ?? Good going, that "member"

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jestermedia

I think it's David Worthington, isn't it? Lives in the Coleshill area and seems to tour the country doing talks on Atmos Clocks so I'm guessing it's the same bloke.
    You are absolutely right re the name as I found out when I looked up his details today.

Diesel or Petrol, for cars or bikes.

Mont Blanc Starwalker fountain pen.

Swiss watch (or at least Swiss movement)

Coffee shop coffee.

Apart from that I think I am fairly frugal and cheap to run ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

At work I have a few things that I won't cry over too much if they go missing, but are semi-luxury to me. So a couple of fountain pens (albeit just a Lamy Al-Star and an old Sheaffer), a nice mechanical pencil (albeit just a Pentel Kerry), an HP RPN calculator and so on.

I do have some very nice headphones at work too, though, running off a dedicated headphone amp through the computer, so that's a definite luxury that I use an awful lot every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise
    Hilti 36v SDS hammer drill the rolls royce of power tools :lol: and a yard o lead ballpoint :D

Might wanna try Milwaukee stuff first!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeny
    A comfy office chair

My God that looks comfortable!! This is also my luxury....... and I don't even own one!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by nr73
    Do tell (with piccies)
    Sorry, can't do piccies, my camera skills are non existent!

I've had mine a couple of years now and it has been faultless, very pleased with it and timekeeping is excellent. Total cost was £850 for a gold plated Roman Dial version. Mike told me the Roman dials were quite uncommon and I must admit I have never seen another one on his stall.

Following my purchase one of my friends was so impressed with my clock that he ordered one for himself and he, too, is very pleased.

If you want further details then do not hesitate to PM me.
    I got your PM on this and checked the link out - some absolutely fascinating clocks on there :) hmm must get saving....

Much appreciated!