closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CPL final

CPL final

What do Chelsea and Carlos tevez both have in common?

They both refused to play football in Munich!*

Re: CPL final

Or do they :shock:

If it wasn't for just how poor Munich have been front all might Chelsea should be 5 - 0 down, I would be just typical for Chelsea to go on to pinch this

Craftsman

Top goal

Looks pretty even from here I think 8)

Come on Chelsea !!!
    Finish them.

Fix bayonets for extra time.

Craftsman

Lol this gets better and better

Pen missed. So far, this is playing out like Barcelona in '99, Istanbul in '05.

Unfortunately. :roll:

Craftsman

I've already txt all my spurs mates whether they are feeling the pressure :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut
    What do Chelsea and Carlos tevez both have in common?

They both refused to play football in Munich!*
    not far wrong there mate,rubbish game from chelsea,never even in it

Roben to miss a 2nd pen
    Torres to sky his over the bar
    Chelsea to win on pens because their jammy so and so's

Quote Originally Posted by pedrorocks
    Absolute twaddle !
    Chelsea have played really well.

Torres to score the winner, £50 million repaid :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mokarran
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrorocks
    Absolute twaddle !
    Chelsea have played really well.
    You have to be joking right :shock:

Awful, defended for most of the match, mata never had the ball, cole their best player by far, a defender, what does that tell you

Omg! Well done Chelski!

Craftsman

Drogba fairytale.

Master

Bloody hell! Not the best match but talk about edge of the seat stuff - I've even found myself putting aside my hatred of Chelsea for one night - as long as Terry isn't allowed near the cup.

Edit: Terry isn't banned from the presentation, which is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loddonite
    Drogba fairytale.
    And di Matteo. BM can only blame themselves for not winning.

Banned

Why do some players console others on the losing side?

I'd laugh, in their face, loud.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    Pen missed. So far, this is playing out like Barcelona in '99, Istanbul in '05.

Unfortunately. :roll:
    Yep, it was written since Napoli. You could just see Chelsea were going to win as this game went on.

Incredible.

I even feel myself strangely pleased for Chelsea now. :?

Master

I'm genuinely delighted for RDM - always seemed like a decent chap. As someone wrote in the paper this morning, an open top bus parade with the [s:18dwmp0l]European Cu[/s:18dwmp0l]p Champions' League trophy is one hell of a job application.

Craftsman

I really didn't think Chelski would do it. BM had so many chances but good on them. Pleased for RDM but still don't think he will get the job full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    I'm genuinely delighted for RDM - always seemed like a decent chap. As someone wrote in the paper this morning, an open top bus parade with the [s:3o89jwsk]European Cu[/s:3o89jwsk]p Champions' League trophy is one hell of a job application.
    I think I'm right in saying first London team to win it?

Be interesting to see RDMs fate/career from here on

Grand Master

I wasn't too fussed who won, but it does make me a little disappointed that the team that won the CL this year played what is better known as anti-football, they basically just tried to kill the games, ten men behind the ball and hit one the break once in a while, after the Barcelona game i thought this one would be more open, but nope.

This doesn't bother me when you have small teams against big ones, but we're talking about a team that have spent a billion on their team in recent years, with players like Mata and others in their team, it's just a little sad that this may get other teams playing the same way, instead of actual football.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    I'm genuinely delighted for RDM - always seemed like a decent chap. As someone wrote in the paper this morning, an open top bus parade with the [s:3iu45uiy]European Cu[/s:3iu45uiy]p Champions' League trophy is one hell of a job application.
    I think I'm right in saying first London team to win it?

Be interesting to see RDMs fate/career from here on
    They are - Arsenal were in the final a few years ago but lost to Barca, that's as close as any of the London clubs have got, I think.

A relevant Twitter comment: "in 1999, Roy Keane was too ashamed to even wear his winners medal after being banned for final. Terry already on pitch in full strip"

This doesn't bother me when you have small teams against big ones, but we're talking about a team that have spent a billion on their team in recent years, with players like Mata and others in their team, it's just a little sad that this may get other teams playing the same way, instead of actual football.
    I agree in a sense - for the money, RA could reasonably expect a more positive team, but he started off with entirely the wrong manager for that.

Ze Germans don't look happy :shock:

Yes!

Grand Master

Well, lets see what happens next year, i'm hoping this is a one off, for me Barcelona didn't deserve it this year as they went a bit mental with the thought that they could win everything without using defenders :lol: , but i dare say football at this level needs a good shake up, we're talking 'champions' league, it's all a bit stale now and i don't think i've seen that many good games in it for a while, certainly not enough to make it better than league stuff that i've watched.

Craftsman

Wow, the Russian team has won :lol:

Congrats to the UK...although I am not very much into soccer I don't like the attitude Bayern München has been carrying ever since so I very much like seeing them loosing

I'm delighted for RDM and Lampard (hard working pro's pro) but shame scumbag JT gets in on the act. Nice to see a German miss a penalty when it matters too!

Feel very sorry for Redknap and Spurs given the impact the debacle of the England job had on their season.

Master

Not a huge amount of love for England's Brave John Terry on Twitter this evening, including the suggestion that German has a compound noun that describes him perfectly:

Craftsman

Congratulations to Chelsea (JT excepted)

An amazing match, Didier Drogba, what a player!

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    I wasn't too fussed who won, but it does make me a little disappointed that the team that won the CL this year played what is better known as anti-football, they basically just tried to kill the games, ten men behind the ball and hit one the break once in a while, after the Barcelona game i thought this one would be more open, but nope.

Spot on there, and that grinning piece of sh*t for a man JT holding up the Cup gaoling ...thank god he's not in the England team any more. Hats off to Drogba though!

Master

and that grinning piece of sh*t for a man JT holding up the Cup gaoling ...thank god he's not in the England team any more.
    He's still in the team, just not as captain. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart

Spot on there, and that grinning piece of sh*t for a man JT holding up the Cup gaoling ...thank god he's not in the England team any more. Hats off to Drogba though!
    Err.. :scratch:

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy.
    Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry.
    Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.
    Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck.
    Standby - Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge.
    Yes I missed that, on the radio I heard the team and thought at last he had gone. :twisted: Its proved to be wishful thinking on my part. Another CRAFT moment for me. My team got knocked out of the play off's so its the bottom tier again for us. I'll try to support England with him in the team but I can't stand him or Cole, not that taken with Carroll either.
    Perhaps I should stick to the Olympics :)

Master

I have a feeling Abramovic may loose interest now he has won the cup he wanted

Ashely Cole and Cahill were immense, renewed optimism for Euwos after that. Particularly Cole, he was simply superb, but Sweinsteiger and Kroos ran that game, they didn't deserve to lose.

Chelsea, the first team in history to win the CL after being battered in every game along the way, and Di Matteo, the first mgr to get sacked after winning everything.

Congrats to Chelski FC but as a Spurs fan gutted at the crazy rule that puts out of the CL!!

Master

Nicked from elsewhere - John Terry: celebrating the success of others

Even had his shin pads on, apparently.

Just got back from Munich and watched it all over again on TV. What a weekend!

I went with 12 mates 5 of whom had tickets but we managed to pick up another 5 spares! Happy days indeed!

Football wise, with the suspensions, we were never going to play any other way than we did, rear guard and knock it long to Drogba. With no Ramires to bring it though or Ivanovic on the right.

I dont mind admitting that I blubbed like a baby after Drogba put the spot kick away. It's 40 years ago this year my dear old Dad took me to Stamford Bridge and I wish he could have been there too.

I've had to endure some awful nights and saturday afternoons watching us lose to teams like Rotherham, 6-0! (no offence to any Millers fans :roll: ) getting knocked out of the FA cup on the proverbial wet Wednesday night against a then 4th Division team Wigan, or getting a kicking in Swansea, again on the way home in Cardiff and again at the motorway services near Bristol!
    It's all been worth it. :drunken:

Loving the John Terry banter by the way, he maybe a **** but he's our **** and if it wasn't for football he'd be the Jeremy Kyle Show, but you'd have him in your team in a heart beat!

View from my seat:

The best flag of the day award goes to...:

and, guess which one is our hotel room? :

and of course you must be wondering, which watch did I wear?

Blog Entries

bigvic

Beautiful just beautiful been a CFC supporter for some 50 years and really get pissed that people think our club was built by RA they haver no idea of our tradition or history and yes the money put in had helped but we were in the semi final of the CL when he took over for FS.
    To all those winging tossers who "diss" the football played in this competition its called WINNING football and games are won by goals not by stats or possesion,shots,corners etc you want to win comps on that basis take up ice skating or dancing.
    Super,super result and it brought tears to my eyes and i am a hard pragmatist.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman

CPL final

Too much. I suffered 30 years of crap, ten of the beautiful game and then it's this rag tag team that go and win it like that. It wasn't a twelve game campaign, it was nine years. We've had f@@@ all luck in the UCL up to now, it's about time!

And Spurs!

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic
    I've had to endure some awful nights and saturday afternoons watching us lose to teams like Rotherham, 6-0!
    I was at that game, and the 1-4 loss against oxford.

My first chelsea game was the FA cup tie against preston in 1968/69 season. The game was abandoned with chelsea 2-0 up and the floodlights failed on 72 minutes.

Never thought i'd see them win the champions league in my lifetime :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maris
    Gods teeth that's sacrilege! :evil: