closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: custom made bicycle

custom made bicycle

I remember a thread on a custom made bicycle that someone had posted sometime ago. Stupidly I did not subscribe to it, would the OP care to update, as I am intrigued to see where he got to.

I did try search but it would not let me go past the first page!

Master

Re: custom made bicycle

What sort of bike are you looking for road? Cross ? Mountain? Other

I can't afford one, but someone on the site was going to do it and I wondered how he got on

sam

Master

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch
    I can't afford one, but someone on the site was going to do it and I wondered how he got on

sam

If you're interested, consider a semi-custom bike. Ventanna can make a frame with any level of customization you desire for a fairly reasonable upcharge.

http://www.ventanausa.com/

Given the best of British thread, I think we should mention hand made British bicycles. Being a Sheffield Boy, I had to go for a Wilson. Nigel and his Dad before him have been making frames for over 60 years. Here is a picture of mine:

Master

I used to own a custom mountain bike frame by the now defunct Solitude cycles welded by Lee Cooper a lovely bike but my riding styles changed and so she went.

Journeyman
    Africa/Wales. British by birth, Yorkshireman by the Grace of God

That wilson is a nice looking bike, i was looking at getting a Solitude bt Lee stopped making them which was a real shame as he produced some great frames. A disgrace when folk like him cannot make a living with a skill such as framebuilding.

Master

Lee was the welder for Solitude Alex was the designer a great combination shame there no longer trading. Lee is still making frames according to a quick google search.