closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Sporking father's day surprise (Seiko content)

Craftsman

A Sporking father's day surprise (Seiko content)

OK, I admit it, I DID buy this Saturday for the kids to give me yesterday as a father's day present- the surprise is that this is a discontinued model that was not widely sold in the UK, that I have admired for quite a while, and it was half price in a local Ernest Jones (Seiko AD) sale.

I was wasting time in a shopping centre and was very surprised to come across this watch. The shop assistants knew nothing about it, so I stepped out of the shop to do a quick iphone google search to make sure it wasn't another similar model. It is an SRP043K1 200m 4R15 movement. Microadjustment on bracelet and a wetsuit extension (like I'll be using that!) Very happy. :D

I have been looking for a replacement diver since I sold my Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT (too much of a homage for me) and my Christopher Ward C60 (probably a mistake selling it looking back). I thought the Steinhart Ocean 2 was going to be for me, but it just isn't and in the meantime I have bought a blue Seiko 5 fathoms and a Zeno army 300m. I think I may now be selling them......

Want some pics? (Failing light on an iphone)

I quite like the shirt as well! :lol:

Re: A Sporking father's day surprise (Seiko content)

That's very nice. There aren't many Seiko divers that I actually like - I think it's the hands which put me off - but I do like that one.

The shirt is appalling, though! :wink:

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

The Spork is a great looking watch.
    Nice and solid but without being stupidly big.
    Are these now discontinued?
    A shame if true.

The spork on a bracelet is so much better than on the rubber strap. Congrats! :)

These are great watches, I had one on a strap in the past that since moved on. Out of interest how much are they in the sale?

That is nice. And it is great that you can buy your own present.

Journeyman

Good catch, I paid full price for mine 3 weeks ago, Seiko have stopped making them and the Seiko collectors are starting to pay silly money for them. The bracelet is solid and heavy, I have mine on a marinemaster strap.

Excellent - anyone know where I can get one of these?

Craftsman

I love the Spork, nice simple clean design and looks great on the bracelet. Great find. :thumbright:

Craftsman

Good one

Master

Very handsome watch. I suspect many people will be checking out their local Ernest Jones over the next few days!

Simple is better, a great one

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by castle
    OK, I admit it, I DID buy this Saturday for the kids to give me yesterday as a father's day present- the surprise is that this is a discontinued model that was not widely sold in the UK, that I have admired for quite a while, and it was half price in a local Ernest Jones (Seiko AD) sale.

I was wasting time in a shopping centre and was very surprised to come across this watch. The shop assistants knew nothing about it, so I stepped out of the shop to do a quick iphone google search to make sure it wasn't another similar model. It is an SRP043K1 200m 4R15 movement. Microadjustment on bracelet and a wetsuit extension (like I'll be using that!) Very happy. :D
    Good excuse for a new watch - need to get me some kids! Great luck to find one new at half price, I also think these will hold value well, (important to some extent when you flip like I do :roll: ) now that they're discontinued... I've been considering one for while as a replacement for my departed Sinn 857:

They share a 'look'.

Cheers,

Rob

Nice Fathers day present.

I have always been impressed with the Spork. It is on the large side for me otherwise I would wear it more often. It looks great on the bracelet though but is a heavy beast when kitted out this way. I tend to wear it on a NATO. It also boasts an absolutely amazing lume and is highly legible. Wear in good health!

Craftsman

Thanks for the comments. I had discounted a Spork as I thought it was going to be mahoosive but wears smaller than stats would suggest somehow. Makes me realise that it is very difficult to know how a watch might suit you without seeing it in the flesh. My guess is this is one explanation for us flipping stuff.