closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: being disappointed in grail watches

being disappointed in grail watches

so after many years of staring in windows and lusting after it, i managed to source a breitling emergency mission at what i thought was a good price. when it arrived, i immediately took off my sub and stuck it in the box to put on the breitling. it is probably the biggest and heaviest watch i have ever worn.

initial joy and smug satisfaction have given way to disappointment as it has dawned on me how impractical it is to wear with any clothing with full sleeves and having to frequently take it off to perform daily tasks at work is a pain in the ar$e. i'm glad to have bought and worn one but i have a feeling it'll need to go very soon :(

Years of staring in windows and you never tried it on?

Commiserations that your grail hasn't worked out though, however you can pick a new grail now and repeat the process.

Quote Originally Posted by uaireadoir View Post
    Years of staring in windows and you never tried it on?

Commiserations that your grail hasn't worked out though, however you can pick a new grail now and repeat the process.
    i seldom wander in unless the intent to buy is there. just feels like a waste of time to me, otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun View Post
    Most people get even more disappointed when they realise they can't actually activate the emergency frequency when they can't find their way home from the pub.
    This is going to seem strange but one of the things that disappointed me was that the emergency beacon can't just be pulled out and put back in. would need to physically cut the wire to deactivate the transmitter.

Sorry to read that your former grail turns out to be a disappointment.

I'm still very happy with my grail:

However, if I weren't anymore, I would sell it. You really need to enjoy a watch, otherwise it is a constant reminder of the disappointment.

Well this is my grail or at least it was >>

And probably will be for life!

Quote Originally Posted by SSK007 View Post
    Well this is my grail or at least it was >>

And probably will be for life!
    very nice! those sub dials are beautiful.

additionally, the other grail that i had always wanted was the rolex sub nd. can't really see past it for another watch so maybe that's part of the problem for me? no sense in rushing into buying another watch that would only sit in a box instead of being worn regularly i feel....or is there?

Master
    Not a grail as such but I had always fancied a Tag Formula 1 from being a teenager. Got one recently in the sale and although it was a perfectly good watch I was quite underwhelmed considering what I'd paid even in the sale.

The watch which left me cold after a while of wanting was an Omega Speedmaster,nothing wrong with the quality etc it just didn't feel right,in all honestly i felt i was perhaps to young to own one and now tend to associate them more with older fellas,but saying that i will probably own another one day

Craftsman

My grails

Have been bought and looked after for a while, but taste changes.
    And they get sold to the next caretaker.

But I always thought that was the sole purpose of watch stores in malls: to look and try on, then buy online or 2nd hand...

I know I'm still wet behind the ears but I've bought several watches of S/C and I still love my old Seiko day date.
    Only 34mil dia on an old leather strap but glows like a beacon, stunning.