closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My new favourite- Explorer 2 content

Master

My new favourite- Explorer 2 content

My new Rolex Explorer II 216570 arrived today in black and I'm absolutely in love with it. It appears this watch has become a bit marmite amongst Rolex traditionalists, however I love the maxi matt dial, the fatter hands which I think compliments this watch perfectly, and the orange hand is striking giving this tool watch that lovely splash of colour. The case size to me is perfect....as someone who has been brought up on Omega dive watches, this it the watch I've long been waiting for. The 42 case has a low profile and is very comfortable. What I love also about this watch is that it's probably not in your face recognizable as a Rolex to non watch followers. I think I've discovered my new daily wearer and will dread the accumulation of swirlies that no doubt the bezel and clasp will collect....oh well that's love for you

Last edited by sunster; 22nd July 2012 at 10:14.

Master
    Gorgeous, I think I may keep my white one and add this too.

Tried on the white faced dial the other day and was very impressed too. Doesn't wear big for its width and its low profile makes it sit very comfortably on the wrist. The maxi dial is well proportioned and I personally think it looks gorgeous however I might be biased as a 1655 owner.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

I really like the Exp 2 42mm. As you say, it's a quite slim for a wide diameter watch, so it sits on the wrist very comfortably. The black in particular is a good choice if you want to keep it subtle.

Very nice, congrats. Generally not a Rolex guy, but if any watch could change me, it would be that.

Quote Originally Posted by sunster View Post
    My new Rolex Explorer II 216570 arrived today in black and I'm absolutely in love with it. It appears this watch has become a bit marmite amongst Rolex traditionalists, however I love the maxi matt dial, the fatter hands which I think compliments this watch perfectly, and the orange hand is striking giving this tool watch that lovely splash of colour. The case size to me is perfect....as someone who has been brought up on Omega dive watches, this it the watch I've long been waiting for. The 42 case has a low profile and is very comfortable. What I love also about this watch is that it's probably not in your face recognizable as a Rolex to non watch followers. I think I've discovered my new daily wearer and will dread the accumulation of swirlies that no doubt the bezel and clasp will collect....oh well that's love for you
    Hi, trying to send you a PM but your inbox is full.

Raffe
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    what a beauty!

I must admit that the latest range of Rolex are probably the most well designed and coherent of any brand.

Master
    Very nice and the hands are really Un-Rolex like...

remind me of the OS 300m 'vulgar' hands which I really like...well done and enjoy to the full!

I,m starting to think I may needs to try one as there growing on me

Looks really nice. Love the Orange writing "explorer" which matches the third hand.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Hi, trying to send you a PM but your inbox is full.

Raffe
    My box was not full although I note the message. Don't know why that is. Try again

Master
    looks great Sunny

we must have an Exp2 meet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    looks great Sunny

we must have an Exp2 meet
    Although our collections are starting to match albeit polar opposites in terms of colour

Very very nice collection

Quote Originally Posted by Asupercoolusername View Post
    Very nice, congrats. Generally not a Rolex guy, but if any watch could change me, it would be that.
    This is the only Rolex model I would consider buying as it's the only one I like the look of. I could never decide between the white or black face but I think black takes it.

Congratulations on your purchase - enjoy!

Master
    Loads of details but also relatively subtle on the wrist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti View Post
    Loads of details but also relatively subtle on the wrist.
    The subtlety I love. There was a thread recently about being embarrassed to wear a rolex...if one felt that way then the Explorer 2 is a very good way to go. Its very subtle and not as instantly recognisable as Rolex as say compared to the Sub or Date just.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Gorgeous, I think I may keep my white one and add this too.
    Same here! I've tried to sell mine to finance another watch and increase marital bliss during a house move, but after a few months, I'm glad it hasn't sold. I'm wearing my white version as I type and it still brings a smile to my face - I suepct not being a hardcore Rolex aficionado helps.

simon

Still on the fence whether I like it - but these pics show it off quite well!

The Explorer 2 is my favourite watch in the Rolex range. As has been mentioned it is something a little different from the Rolex style and I think it is this that attracts me.

Great photos too which have made me doubt my choice if I bought one of the white over black.

Beautiful watch - I'm eyeing them up myself. Between this and the new GMTII (with AD brushed links!).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by triguy View Post
    Beautiful watch - I'm eyeing them up myself. Between this and the new GMTII (with AD brushed links!).
    I've had a ceramic GMT II in the past and now regret selling it. Every time I see one in a shop window I pine a bit. So, I think if I was offered a swap on my white Exp II, I could well take it up.

Simon

Master
    I have Ceramic GMT 11 and like it but I do hanker for the white faced version of this watch,even though it would have to be one or the other for me. I couldn't justify the two.

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    I've had a ceramic GMT II in the past and now regret selling it. Every time I see one in a shop window I pine a bit. So, I think if I was offered a swap on my white Exp II, I could well take it up.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor View Post
    I have Ceramic GMT 11 and like it but I do hanker for the white faced version of this watch,even though it would have to be one or the other for me. I couldn't justify the two.
    Gentlemen, there you go.

Gentlemen, there you go.
    In the end we all know that they both will end up like this though,

(although perhaps not with Isofranes)

Master

Smile

Gentlemen, there you go.
    Nicely spotted

Banned
    I've also come around to the new Explorer, I think it's the nicest new Rolex in the range (IMHO).

They look so much better on rubber

Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor View Post
    I like the white faced 42mm but I like my GMTc more.

I have thought of buying the Exp white face and handset and have a bit of both. I guess it would be frowned upon by the occupants of this place though...

I wonder what it would look like....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    I like the white faced 42mm but I like my GMTc more.

I have thought of buying the Exp white face and handset and have a bit of both. I guess it would be frowned upon by the occupants of this place though...

I wonder what it would look like....
    Don't worry, they wouldn't fit as the Explorer and GMT are different sizes.

I thought that might be a sticking point 42mm into 40mm is quite a lot to fit in!

I do like this model, I have been pondering over the white face, only because I am needing some white in my collection.

Blog Entries
    Love these new Explorers, particularly the white dial. Awesome addition to your collection.