closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice needed re Mac a/c emails

Advice needed re Mac a/c emails

I'm a relatively new Mac user and have a Mac Email Account ... but every Email I send has a pair of lips showing in the top RHS of the message ... as though the message is blowing a kiss! Is there any way of getting rid of this Mac A/c anomoly?

Cheers

Dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

That's YOUR user ID pic. It only appears in the Mail client, not on emails themselves. You can change the pic in Apple -> System Preferences -> Accounts.

Journeyman

Re: Advice needed re Mac a/c emails

Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    I'm a relatively new Mac user

Congratulations on getting a Mac. That's computing with class.
    :occasion5:

Cheers
    Dave
    Mac user from 1985/6 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    That's YOUR user ID pic. It only appears in the Mail client, not on emails themselves. You can change the pic in Apple -> System Preferences -> Accounts.
    THANKS! ... But I'm sure it also appears on messages I've sent from my Mac a/c to my HOTMAIL a/c ?? Will double check ... & also investigate Apple/System Pref/Accounts

... And thanks again ... now changed it! Live and learn with TZ UK!

dunk

Re: Advice needed re Mac a/c emails

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Essel
    Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    I'm a relatively new Mac user

Congratulations on getting a Mac. That's computing with class.
    :occasion5:

Cheers
    Dave
    Mac user from 1985/6 onwards
    Have been using it for a few months and is much quicker to boot up than my pc ... also no virus problems ... and no need to defrag ... very pleased with it and prefer it to my pc ... still using a pc when necessary ... do not have the latest Intel chipped iMac ... also bought my ex g/f an Apple notebook to help her write a book ... she thinks Macs are brilliant too!

Dunk

Journeyman

a mac question..

can only agree 100% with views on macs. Both kids have one(imacs) and my son uses a notebook for live recording..
    However, I'm really trying to determine if the '.mac' accounts are worth paying £120 a year for a family ticket.
    I've read up on what you get, but wonder if its worth while. The biggest advantage I can see is for my son to back up college work by dragging it into idisc, and then accessing it from anywhere.

any thoughts??

Re: a mac question..

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    can only agree 100% with views on macs. Both kids have one(imacs) and my son uses a notebook for live recording..
    However, I'm really trying to determine if the '.mac' accounts are worth paying £120 a year for a family ticket.
    I've read up on what you get, but wonder if its worth while. The biggest advantage I can see is for my son to back up college work by dragging it into idisc, and then accessing it from anywhere.

any thoughts??
    I took advantage of the free 3 month trial and then subscribed after reading an article that stated it does offer cost effective facilities ... but have to admit I have yet to explore them all so cant really say for sure ... just went with my gut feeling ... will be exploring them soon I hope when have a clearer head and can put my mind to it.

Dunk

Master
    I have a i-mac which I occasionaly use but I've noticed that I cant log on to the forum through it. I enter my login details, hit enter but then I get the forum index page - but not logged in. Anyone know what Im doing wrong? (Im using Safari on OSX Tiger)

:?

Alan

Journeyman
    Try clicking on Safari preferences, then security and then tick the boxes marked 'enable java' and 'enable java script' If that does not work I would go to one of the many mac forums out there.

Cheers cb40

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cb40
    Try clicking on Safari preferences, then security and then tick the boxes marked 'enable java' and 'enable java script' If that does not work I would go to one of the many mac forums out there.

Cheers cb40
    Cheers, I just tried that -didn't work so I will seek out a forum. I also have Firefox on the mac and it works ok through that, so must be a Safari thing.

:)

Alan

Journeyman
    Sorry to hear that still doesn't work, I too sometimes have problems with this site not loading at all in Safari and it will sometimes cause Safari to hang and need to be force quitted. Then I use the ' Reset Safari" and a restart and the loading problems go away for about 4 weeks. Still, I do love my imacs and after using windows at work I greet my apple like a long lost friend each evening! SAD!

cheers cb40

I've been using Safari for ages to read this forum, no problems whatsoever.

Macs are great for forums, with Keychain logging you on automatically.

Still, I do love my imacs and after using windows at work I greet my apple like a long lost friend each evening! SAD!

cheers cb40
    Agreed!!

I have never had problems logging onto TZ via Safari

Dunk

Master
    Sorry to hear that still doesn't work, I too sometimes have problems with this site not loading at all in Safari and it will sometimes cause Safari to hang and need to be force quitted. Then I use the ' Reset Safari" and a restart and the loading problems go away for about 4 weeks. Still, I do love my imacs and after using windows at work I greet my apple like a long lost friend each evening! SAD!

cheers cb40
    Thanks CB40 this did the trick, Safari works fine now. Aren't they lovely? I would live to use Mac's in my work (I really fancy one of the new powerbook pros) and I think I could make the change ok but I'm thinking I would be spending a lot of money for the privilege, both to set up and in the future.

Alan

Journeyman
    Great stuff! yes we have 2 G5 imacs and an ibook at home all connected via airport with no major problems or viruses so far. The thing I like about apple is when my friends/relations etc ( knowing I'm a bit of a computer buff) want me to come and sort out their problems - I can say if its not a mac I have no idea and also not interested!

cheers cb40

Craftsman
    I've got one of the Intel laptops (thanks to work), must admit that I was somewhat skeptical but I am converted after more than a decade of Macs with Motorola/Power-PC processors. It is faster and more stable than its predecessor (a G4 laptop). An added bonus is that you can use Parallels to run Linux and Windows in virtual machines at full speed - great for some of my work.

Nick H.

Master
    I'm off to New York on weds and looking forward to visiting the Apple store on 5th ave. to see them all in the flesh 8)

Alan