closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Hybrid View

Last night we watched "The Rock" with Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage from 1996. If you like action films, this one delivers.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Last night we watched "The Rock" with Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage from 1996. If you like action films, this one delivers.

Eddie
    I agree, the movie is great fun. Nicholas Cage does what he always does, Connery chews up the scenery and it has a fantastic car chase. Not in any way thought-provoking, but very entertaining.

I watched Troll Hunter and Battleship last night, on the strength of recommendations in this thread. I thought Troll Hunters was watchable, but not brilliant, and I thought Battleship was absolutely dire.

Watched 'Dream house' last evening. An above average mystery thriller, rather enjoyable.

Master
    I watched Head Hunters last night and really enjoyed it.

A clever, fast-paced, intricately-plotted, Norwegian thriller, done in a very stylish manner.

Well worth a watch.

Master
    Wouldn't ordinarily recommend a romcom, especially one starring Justine Timberlake ... but watched 'Friends with Benefits' last week and it was excellent.

Eddie
    Agreed... it's a cracking film.
    Last edited by mab; 13th August 2012 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
    I watched Head Hunters last night and really enjoyed it.

A clever, fast-paced, intricately-plotted, Norwegian thriller, done in a very stylish manner.

Well worth a watch.
    This is one I'd like to watch, having read the book. Try as I might though, subtitles stop me getting totally immersed in a film.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I would very much recommend The Intouchables, just a lovely movie.

...and for those with teenage kids Project X could be fun to watch before leaving them alone for the weekend

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSocks View Post
    I would very much recommend The Intouchables, just a lovely movie.
    Did you mean Untouchable? Or Intouchables, as the original French version was called?
    If so, I couldn't agree more. I watched it twice, a week a apart, as I enjoyed it so much.

Master
    This is one I'd like to watch, having read the book. Try as I might though, subtitles stop me getting totally immersed in a film.

Eddie
    The DVD I rented had the option of watching the movie in Norwegian with English-language subtitles (which I opted for), or watching it with a dubbed, English-language soundtrack.

I suppose the dubbed version might be a way around your problem with subtitles, though I think poor-quality dubbing can destroy the mood of a movie just as effectively as subtitles.

I haven't read any Jo Nesbo books before but I think I might pick up a couple now, having enjoyed the storyline and plotting of the movie so much.

Watched Dead Man's shoes again yesterday. Probably 4th or 5th time I've watched it.

Just a superb, dark film. I a big Shane Meadows fan and an even bigger Paddy Considine fan - and have to say, Paddy seems better every time I watch it