closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Hybrid View

A few films I've particularly enjoyed in the last few months:

The Artist - wonderfully nostalgic
    Alien - all the noise around Prometheus can't alter the fact that this film IS all the series needed to be
    The Quiet Man - John Wayne in unfamiliar territory, and to me the best thing he ever appeared in
    Senna - my choice for the best motor racing film ever made
    I also very much enjoyed Carnage, great actors, great script, great direction

Quote Originally Posted by Robertf View Post
    The Quiet Man - John Wayne in unfamiliar territory, and to me the best thing he ever appeared in
    No patty fingers if you please Thorn Shaunton.

Firm favourite of mine although there it does appear that some spanking had to go on whenever John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara appeared in the same film. I don't know whether there was some kind of contractual arrangement for this, but it does make the film archaic and otherworldly by todays standards. I once went to Cong where it was filmed. You can buy all sorts of home made paraphernalia celebrating a film that the rest of the world has largely forgotten.

Craftsman

One worth watching if you are over 35. One not worth watching.

The loneliness of the long distance runner. Michael redgrave. Tom courtney .john thaw. Great film imho have seen it loads of times. .

Also watched a cowboys and aliens which in my view was Crap , a big disapointment considering it stared Daniel craig and Harrison ford. Amazon gives it a 4 star rateing so it might just be me

Cowboys and Aliens - not just you, utter crap, even Olivia Wilde getting her kit off couldn't make it worth watching.