closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smart ForFour diesel - any experiences?

Smart ForFour diesel - any experiences?

Sis-in-law has announced that she would like one of these and has been 'advised' to go for the 1.5 CDi model...

I know nothing about them, but it'll be me who has to find one for her so if anyone who has actually owned one - or had experience of - this car I'd be grateful for comments/opinions, etc.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

It's not a "proper" Smart. The body panels on a Four Two are easily removed and interchangeable, and the visible skeleton of the car is just that, whereas on the Four Four the skeleton is merely a styling affectation, and not structural.

The Four Four was just an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the Four Two. Underneath it's something quite prosaic - I believe that it's just a Mitsubishi (I could be wrong - I'm sure that I could easily look it up).

So it's something very ordinary trying to be something that it isn't.

I'm not sure that is going to help very much. There are better cars available for the same money.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Craftsman
    My wife had a 4:2 for a while and we had a 4:4 as a courtesy car a couple of times. Awful car, poor ride quality and the interior quality is terrible.
    You can by A LOT more car for your money, I would steer well clear.

Sorry :(

Craftsman
    I'd counter act it's just as plastic as any other car in its class. I'd question the filthy pump's real running costs too, Petrol ones don't really swallow DMF's, turbo's and demise in cold weather.

Tell her to buy a Fabia baaaaa! Buy some porridge not a car you rarely see ;)