closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vodaphone or Orange?

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Vodaphone or Orange?

The time for sorting out my mobile is approaching. I've been with Vodaphone for years but i'm wondering what sort of views people have on Orange as a provider? (or anyone else really)

In my experience Orange & O2 are dreadful! Stick with Vodaphone

Journeyman
    I have been with Orange for a number of years mainly becauseIi get a good deal with my broadband and land line. Apart from hiking the cost up at the beginning of the year they are ok. If you have a problem then things are poor. Mobile wise they have good reception for me.

My missus is on O2 and she is happy with them.

It maybe that they are similar so it boils down to the package you want.

John

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    The time for sorting out my mobile is approaching. I've been with Vodaphone for years but i'm wondering what sort of views people have on Orange as a provider? (or anyone else really)
    Andy,

I suppose it depends on what you want from a mobile....

...if you want to make and receive calls, surf the web and handle e-mails then stick with Vodaphone.

Alternatively, if you just want a piece of metal/plastic to carry around with you that serves no useful purpose, Orange can help you!

Joking apart, I used to have Orange and found the coverage worse pretty much everywhere I went - and I never used Orange Wednesdays....

Steve

I've always been very happy with Vodafone, always worked well for me.

Have you considered

Giffgaff?

They use o2's network..

I was paying £10 a month for a goodybag, 200 inclusive minutes, unlimited texts and internet, although that's now risen to £12.50.

I've upped to a £20 goodybag, unlimited texts and internet on an iphone and 800 inclusive minutes. Any minutes over are far cheaper than other PAYG.

Just a thought

I've had a mobile for 17 years and 16 of those have been with Vodafone. Very few problems, phone has worked wherever I've been in the world.

I decided to change to Orange about 3/4 years ago and had all kinds of issues, mostly to do with rubbish coverage. Particularly at work, I work outside of town, but it's hardly the back of beyond. Needless to say once my 12 months was up I went back to Vodafone. They are a little more expensive for my type of usage (not heavy), but as with most things you get what you pay for. Just my $0.02.

Cheers,

Plug

Having been with Vodaphone since i first got a mobile lots of years ago,i just wondered if it was worth thinking about changing. I suspected not and so far this is being borne out.

Vodaphone or Orange?

Vodafone. Is spelling contagious?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Another recommendation for GiffGaff.

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Vodafone. Is spelling contagious?
    Does it matter.....

Journeyman

Re: Vodaphone or Orange?

Have previously used Vodafone, O2 and T Mobile. Been with Orange for 3 years now and have to say they are the best of the bunch for me. Good reception including mobile broadband. Vodafone were the poorest by some way

Vodaphone or Orange?

Been on Vodafone for ever and never had a problem. When I've needed customer service, always been helpful.

My wife is on orange and has problems with her network and customer service wasn't great.

Malc

Depends where you are. On our bike trips to Reeth in N.Yorks the only one of us who can get a signal is with Orange. However around the Durham area my Vodafone connection (voice and 3g) is reliable, and seems to have improved, but this may be better reception via a new iPhone5. However my son, also using an iPhone5 but on 3 network, has had up to 19mps on 3g out and about in town, compared to the 4 to 6 I can achieve. It's worth asking about to see what friends/colleagues get in various areas.
    F.T.F.A.