timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yet another joker on eBay trying to con people

Blog Entries

Yet another joker on eBay trying to con people

This guy is having a bloody laugh
    What a joker crap fake rolex pro hunter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rolex-watc...item337dbe44ad

A kinetic, day date chronograph with a carbon fibre bracelet.
    He's not even trying.

Blog Entries
    The joker said he would take £35000 for it lol

He needs to work on his selling skills

Impressive!

Wonder how often they actually succeed in these scams?
    Does anybody have any one in here bought a replica thinking that it was the real thing?

Martin

Would anyone actually buy a watch in that price range from some one that can't take a picture of the watch in focus? did they just smear the camera lens with Vaseline to deguise the horrid fake watch??

I hope he didn't spend too much on the "sell a Rolex" kit, as the box, cushion, certificate and hang tag look as convincing as the watch.

I reported it yesterday, as much for his punctuation as the breach of copyright.

From Jacques Piccard colection,limited edition 1/86,one for each year from his life!this one is number 18 from 86 limited edition ,and is a really piece of art,worth to have it!good luck!
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

reported too

I honestly wonder if ebay ever have a single person checking the contant of ads on there.

Have any of you bought a watch from eBay with any real confidence in its authenticity? I'm not even talking "high end" stuff like that beauty but towards the cheaper end of the scale. I browse eBay quite a bit, I often see watches I like for a reasonable sum but I'd still be wary of throwing 50 quid at a Seiko 5 variant only to have a Sekonda quartz or Chinese knock-off fall through my letterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Have any of you bought a watch from eBay with any real confidence in its authenticity? I'm not even talking "high end" stuff like that beauty but towards the cheaper end of the scale. I browse eBay quite a bit, I often see watches I like for a reasonable sum but I'd still be wary of throwing 50 quid at a Seiko 5 variant only to have a Sekonda quartz or Chinese knock-off fall through my letterbox.
    Yes a Breitling for £1200, many years ago, but I did know or rather know of the seller

Blog Entries
    There is certainly a high risk of getting an Orange Monster with a dodgy battery.

Journeyman

Smile Looooooooooool

Looooooooooool I buy it for £2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1 View Post
    Looooooooooool I buy it for £2.
    Show us the pictures when you have it then.

That really is a heap of tat. Like others, I do wonder if those running Ebay actually respond when attempts to trick the public are brought to their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by halfscrew View Post
    I do wonder if those running Ebay actually respond when attempts to trick the public are brought to their attention.
    Don't think Ebay can be bothered nor do they actively police what's on offer. If they would, a watch of a much faked brand and buy now price of £47,000.00, would be investigated.

It's getting worse and worse on ebay the papers are a great they would fool a blind man lol

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kibrisjason View Post
    I honestly wonder if ebay ever have a single person checking the contant of ads on there.
    Sometimes. A work colleague of mine put his Getat Marina Militare on eBay and had the listing pulled within 24hrs, and it wasn't even me who reported him!

Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    There is certainly a high risk of getting an Orange Monster with a dodgy battery.

That sounds silly.

Master
    Yes, bought this from eBay maybe 5 years ago.

That sounds silly.
    It does, but I guess very familiar to you as well .

Master
    I think its fair to say that nobody would spend that sort of money on a watch without knowing what they are looking for/at. If it was £27 he might still struggle with zero feedback.

Master
    As bad as all the posters pictures were....he was clever enough or lucky enough to never have the word Rolex shown on the watch, its either covered by glare or a hand...

Or Maybe I am just giving this guy credit when all the time he had no idea he was doing this ....

Master
    As soon as I get my £8 million from that Nigerian prince I am going to buy this watch.

I have bought a few higher-end watchs on Ebay. My first 'good' watch, a Tag Quartz Chronograph for a few hundred quid that I later sold on to a mate and it is still going strong (with a new battery). A IWC GST Aquatimer a decade ago for 1100 quid which I then foolishly sold on. I bought a replacement 3536 last year and it cost me 2500!

Most recently I bought a GP Sea-Hawk 2 off Ebay in the States. It was a bricks and mortar store with over 1000+ positive feedback and we swapped a couple of phone calls before I bought.

As always buy the seller. We use trust here on tz-uk and I have bought several watches on here and on timezone.com (most recently an Aerospace Avantage) and never had anything but perfect transactions. I dont see why Ebay shouldn't be as reliable if you do your homework....

Damn. It's gone.

I bought a watch on e-Bay eight years ago. It was my first posh(ish) watch, a Breitling Crosswind Chrono and it was beautiful. I paid £800 for it and was made up. Until the battery went flat! I'd never noticed that it ticked as it was a small seconds hand and I thought (in my blissfull ignorance) that was correct.

Gutted!

Gave it away to a friend as I was apalled at the thing. He still wears it on special occassions and it still looks great.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    The fakes are getting better these days
    Unless your an expert with some of them,you could be fooled no problem.