closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Hybrid View

I watched the new Spiderman - quite enjoyed it - bit clumsy in a lot of parts but ok.
    Watches Batman rises - again ok.
    Ted - I loved.
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    We have just watched The last house on the street, it stars Jennifer Lawrence. The wife jump around half a dozen times, but while it was fairly enjoyable it panned out to a predictable ending. 6 out of 10.

Reacher movie?

Is this any good, worth watching?

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Is this any good, worth watching?
    In a word, yes. It's not perfect as they have to try to give a picture of Jack Reacher (which took 6 previous books), run through a fairly interesting plot but get it into a film format where it loses a fair bit and isn't completely faithful to the book. I thought (before seeing it) that Tom Cruise would be seriously miscast but (apart from size) he pretty well pulled it off. The action scenes seem to be more realistic than in many major films these days, i.e. fight scenes are short and brutal and car chase is pretty genuine. I enjoyed it, my brother - in - law reckons one of the best films he has seen. I'm sure there will be other viewpoints but it was a good effort given the constraints.

Searching for Sugarman

After missing the UK cinema release, yesterday we finally managed to see Searching for Sugarman in a Kino in Berlin. It's the really engaging, almost unbelievable, story of a seemingly unsuccessful singer called Sixto Rodriguez and the music is absolutely fabulous.

A brief summary taken from Wikipedia
    After failing to make an impact in North America, he gave up his career as a musician. However, although he was relatively unknown in his home country, by the mid-'70s, his albums were starting to gain airplay in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe and, probably due to the influence of South African migrants, in New Zealand and Australia.

In 1991, both his albums were released on CD in South Africa for the first time. His fame in South Africa was completely unknown to him, until 1998 when his eldest daughter came across a website dedicated to him. In 1998, he played his first South African tour, playing six concerts in front of thousands of fans.
    And for those unfamiliar with the music here's a sample

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Enjoyed this gem even more on second viewing ...

dear-wendy-movie-poster-2005-1020339747.jpg
    Last edited by Dapper; 2nd January 2013 at 12:55.

Just watched this over breakfast.Understated dialogue and characters,no daft sex scenes and not a "dude" or high five in sight.Worth a look

Watched 'Resurrecting The Champ' recently. Wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed it.

Banned
    We've been watching The Impossible, but I've came back up stairs and left my wife and daughter to watch the last 45mins of it, I just wasn't enjoying the movie at all.

We might sit down and watch Argo tomorrow, as that's supposed to be good.

Just watched The Impossible, pretty good. The three children's performances are fantastic.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    Just watched The Impossible, pretty good. The three children's performances are fantastic.
    Agreed, I enjoyed it mad was thinking that the children really stole the show.

I've just watched "We Need to Talk About Kevin". Oh my god....true horror. Makes Damien from The Omen look like an amateur! Outstanding film.

Banned
    No, I did not watch a good movie tonight, instead I watched a movie called "bait", a low budget 3D shark flick, two really good 3D bits in a otherwise dire movie.