closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Let's raise some money for charity - UPDATE PAGE 6

Hybrid View

Justgiving take more of the money for their own "costs" at 5% - virgin money giving are significantly better taking only 2%, and let you split the supported charities as you choose.

JG charge their fee on the total including gift aid, whereas the VM fee is based on the original donation with gift aid left untouched.

With just giving, if you donate £10 and claim gift aid, the charity receive £11.74

With virginmoney giving, that same £10 with gift aid means the charity receive £12.15

In the interests of full disclosure I work for virgin money (but not the charity side)
    Last edited by geordie; 31st December 2012 at 17:45.

Master
    I'm a bit hard-up at the moment but more than happy to contribute if/where I can.

Here's a suggestion - how about a rolling charity page on the sale corner? If anyone has any bits they wish to donate ('beaters', straps, boxes - whatever) then perhaps a sort of rolling raffle.

For example, I've a couple of really nice straps I've been holding on to but can't quite match to a watch. I'll start the ball rolling by donating those.
    I'll do it on Wed's when I've got my camera.
    Anyone who wishes to take them can stick their name down, and after 48 hours I'll pick a name out of the hat (good ol' random number generator) and post them off.
    Each name on the list donates a couple of quid to the forum pot. I suppose the recommended donation can vary depending on the quality of the give-away.
    Might be an idea to just keep a track of how many draws you've entered (might only be for one item, or you might have fancied half a dozen that month) and make one payment at the end of the month to whatever the account is.
    Trust will play a part, but I'm sure 99% of the folk on here will play honestly as a charity fund-raiser.

Worth saving up for a whole year? Or maybe make a quarterly donation so that 4 charities can benefit?

It'll be a pain choosing a charity, but a poll is easy enough to set up or another random name out of the hat chooses.

I think it's a cracking idea anyway, and should score us all some good karma for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    Justgiving take more of the money for their own "costs" at 5% - virgin money giving are significantly better taking only 2%, and let you split the supported charities as you choose.

JG charge their fee on the total including gift aid, whereas the VM fee is based on the original donation with gift aid left untouched.

With just giving, if you donate £10 and claim gift aid, the charity receive £11.74

With virginmoney giving, that same £10 with gift aid means the charity receive £12.15

In the interests of full disclosure I work for virgin money (but not the charity side)
    Thanks, I've followed this up and hope it will prove positive. I looked at Just Giving and thought their fees were higher than they should be.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post

It would probably make sense to do a virgin money page if its the cheapest and wouldnt require someone putting in lots of work. as it would the simplest way to do it , well I assume .