closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Let's raise some money for charity - UPDATE PAGE 6

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    Whereas I can't offer any advice on how to manage the fund, I will pledge some money.

Ditto. The least I can do for the benefits I get from this site. Great idea.

I collect my small change in an old whisky bottle, I'll empty it for a contribution when the fund is set up.

Wouldn't object to any of the charities quoted, child/health orientated ones would be my preference.

Mark

Master
    A good idea. I'll pitch in once any gift-aid issues are resolved and the charities chosen.

I guess it will be easy to use sales corner to support this. FSFC with the buyer paying the money straight in.

Cheers - Simon

Edit - also a good way for newbies to introduce themselves.
    Last edited by Gurmot; 31st December 2012 at 18:23.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...egories.action

Mine, in order of preference, would be the NSPCC, Wales Air Ambulance* and the Royal British Legion.

*There doesn't seem to be an umbrella group allowing you to contribute to all the regional Air Ambulance charities..?

My nomination:

Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)

Reg No. 1026588
    Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency medical aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters or exclusion from health care in more than 60 countries. Every year MSF sends around 3,000 doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, administrators and other professionals to work alongside over 25,000 locally hired staff. Together they run medical projects in more than 60 countries around the world. In emergencies and their aftermath, MSF provides essential healthcare, rehabilitates and runs hospitals and clinics, performs surgery, tackles epidemics, carries out vaccination campaigns, operates feeding centres for malnourished children and offers psychological support. When needed, MSF also constructs wells and dispenses clean drinking water and distributes materials like blankets, plastic sheeting and other basic necessities. Through longer-term programmes, MSF treats patients with infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, sleeping sickness and HIV/AIDS and provides medical and psychological care to marginalised groups such as street children. MSF was founded in 1971 as the first non-governmental organisation to provide both emergency medical assistance and bear witness publicly to the plight of the people it assists. MSF is an international network with branches in 23 countries.

What about;

http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/support_us/donate.aspx (Im sure everyone would agree with this is a worthy cause) & they are on the site.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    As Gray said,there will be a variety of preferences as to which charity(s) to donate. My preferences would be the NSPCC,Hampshire Air Ambulance,Macmillan,Dreamflight plus selected small local charities. I personally prefer not to generally donate to animal charities and concentrate on human ones instead,but i fully understand that is not the view of all.

I'm in - I don't have much cash at the moment but plenty of things that can be put on SC for charity. I'd second the earlier motions to fund Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and prostate cancer relief/research. Good idea eddie :)

In no particular order, these would be my five:

British Heart Foundation
    Cancer Research UK
    Alzheimer's Research UK
    Great Ormond Street
    Macmillan Cancer Support

In addition to being national charities, the work being done by most of these is also relevant to overseas TZ members.

Good call, it helps put into perspective what we "waste" on watches.

I have no advice to offer but you're very welcome to my donation.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Good idea if the logistics can be sorted.

Also,how would the chosen recipients be chosen?

Master
    Also happy to give £20

Lovely idea Eddie.

I'm in, however it all gets sorted.

Martin.

Blog Entries
    Count me in and happy to go any route Eddie chooses.

Craftsman

Smile

I also can't give any advice as to how to do this but I will certainly participate. Great idea. A swear box in the bear pit for a week ....how much would that raise.

Master
    If anyone is eager to make a donation while this is getting sorted, please have a look at my charity thread here.

I used to be the treasurer of the charity committee for a statutory body.We choose 2 main charities annually & held events for other worthy causes throughout the year. At the end of the year we would hand over the cheques, and quite a substantial amount.

There was little issue in setting up the account.

Put me down. I'll happily provide payment to either a chosen or selection of good causes.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by nosher View Post
    I also can't give any advice as to how to do this but I will certainly participate. Great idea. A swear box in the bear pit for a week ....how much would that raise.
    Quite a lot from one or two!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I'm quite glad my last post of 2012 is for something positive - great idea Eddie, I'm in.

I don't mind where it goes and am happy to donate ad hoc change or a more structured donation fee each month.

HNY all.