closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Evil Dead Remake

The Evil Dead Remake

Has anyone seen the trailer for the ED remake? It looks bloody terrifying! I never thought a modern horror would give me chills as so many are crap, but this one...

Craftsman
    I had completely discounted this one on the basis that it didn't need another remake, Raimi wasn't directing, Campbell wasn't in it, and the cast that were are all a bit to good looking so I assumed it would be just cheese.

Have to say that new full trailer does make it look like they are trying to do it differently though I do like the humour of the originals. I generally prefer my horror more suspense than gore but I may yet check this one out.

Not something I'd go & see at the cinema - too scary for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Not something I'd go & see at the cinema - too scary for me.
    +1 no cussions in the cinema!

I love Ash. So freaking funny. Especially in the game called: Evil Dead: Kiss My Boomstick.

Re: The Evil Dead Remake

Just watched the 2 minute 'red band' (mature audiences) trailer.
    Strewth, glad I watched it in daylight at my desk at work!
    Looks to be beyond my enjoyment threshold, I still find the original borderline too much, even with the comedy sfx.
    Think I'm becoming a bit of a wuss with these things though. Grew up getting a kick out of watching the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday 13th series under age. But now I can't honestly say I've looked forward to sitting down and being scared for a couple of hours in a long time.
    Probably the last scary film I watched was the Halloween remake and that was mostly to see what Rob Zombie had done with it. I did enjoy that one as it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Looks to be beyond my enjoyment threshold, I still find the original borderline too much, even with the comedy sfx.
    Think I'm becoming a bit of a wuss with these things though. Grew up getting a kick out of watching the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday 13th series under age. But now I can't honestly say I've looked forward to sitting down and being scared for a couple of hours in a long time.
    Probably the last scary film I watched was the Halloween remake and that was mostly to see what Rob Zombie had done with it. I did enjoy that one as it happens...
    It really is bloody scary isn't it? I was quite shocked at how I reacted. I'm a die had Exorcist fan (No I'm not Captain Howdy under a different login! LOL!) and haven't watched the original Evil Dead fully because I lost interest. I thought it was cheesy and poorly made. Having said that, I'm not a fan of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre either or remakes.

I might wait until the DVD comes out and watch it in the daytime. God, I'm such a girl...!

Small version but still NSFW - NOT SAFE FOR WORK

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36110

Last edited by Tony-GB; 4th January 2013 at 15:14. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I'm a die had Exorcist fan
    The Exorcist is another that scares me silly!

Master
    There can only ever be one Ash, but I am intrigued by the remake.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I thought it was cheesy and poorly made

Ah...but that was the point....

The ending to the original Evil Dead film is one of my favourite film endings.

modern horrors are only crap if you're looking in the wrong places :) haven't seen this, the original's one of my favourites although I prefer evil dead 2

Journeyman
    Seen the trailer the other day.... think I'll give it a miss. The scene at the end of the trailer where the girl licks the knife was enough to put me off it.

Ill go see it. Now all I need is a juicy girlfriend who'll I can comfort at the scary bits.

Oh hold on ill have to take the missus. Sh&t

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Ah...but that was the point....
    Maybe it wasn't edgy enough for me. Stuff like Rosemary's Baby and Exorcist have alot of tension and finesse. I'm not looking forward to the Carrie remake. Another stunner that could be bastardised. As long as they keep the classic line: "They're breasts momma- everybody has them."

I never used to but too much booze has given me lovely moobs!

Too many remakes around today for my liking.

Whatever happened to original movies!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    I'm looking forward to it, as I really thought the first film was great back in the day. I would also like to add that it's best not to say "as it happens" these days.

Looking forward to this, Bruce "Ash" Campbell and Sam Raimi are both producers and very keen to protect their original film but make a full on proper gore-fest horror like they did back in 81.

Can't wait

Journeyman
    I'm looking forward to this a lot, i love a good gore fest :D

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    I'm looking forward to it, as I really thought the first film was great back in the day. I would also like to add that it's best not to say "as it happens" these days.
    Now then, now then. I only wrote the words 'as it happens' your mind read that to you in the voice of a deceased fiddler. Nothing to do with me, all your own work!

The Evil Dead Remake

I like the look of that also, but it looks like they've failed to get the authentic look of blood again. Red wine at best...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie View Post
    Too many remakes around today for my liking.

Whatever happened to original movies!
    Cinema has a vast history of remakes it isn't a modern phenomenon. I do agree that some of the choices seem a little dubious though...... for example totally get John Carpenter remaking The Thing in the 1980s but don't get the recent remake.... Evil Dead looks interesting though; wish there was some more original fun horrors about though like The Cabin In The Woods with a bit of a more 'meta' outlook.

For ref rather than me rambling on! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_remakes

I really liked all three of the Evil Dead films with Bruce Campbell - Evil Dead, Evil dead II and Army of darkness - got all three. They were pretty gory but at least there was plenty of black comedy in them. I'll have to check out the re-make trailer - bet it isn't as good!!!

Master
    Even better when pairing the original with some kick bottom psychobilly music (Link is NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hS5...Nr-wmjAweYRSMc

Has anyone watched this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Has anyone watched this yet?
    Too bloody scared!

Coming to the cinema in the UK about mid April, I am looking forward to it but will wait for DVD so I can watch it at home not in the cinema where people tend to start freaking out in past experience of this type of film, which I find a bit distracting.

Trailer looks great !! The tongue and knife
    Will go see it at the flicks but can't remember the last time I saw the original or even the story.

I'm really looking forward to it!!

Does anyone have it in DVD?

Any remake, however fine, is doomed to be a footnote. But on the basis of the trailer and the advance word, I'm looking forward to it.

Critics who have seen it and are bemoaning the "lack of humour" either haven't seen the original or are recalling Evil Dead 2.

After 'Cabin in the woods' took the..... log cabin in the middle of nowhere full of sexy teens who like to fiddle about with occult stuff they just happen to find (pause for breath) horror sub-genre and stuck a chainsaw up it's bum, this remake is going to have to work bloody hard to make me make anything more than a 'Meh' noise.
    Joe

Shop smart, shop S Mart