closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yodel experiences......

Yodel experiences......

Today we had a package out for delivery via Yodel, after tracking it the status now states delivered at 12;00 lunchtime.

Someone has been in all day,no package has arrived and no card has been left (not that it would be if it was delivered?)

It appeared as delivered on the tracking site just after 9pm when the phone line and live chat closed.

Obviously I will have to contact them tomorrow but does anyone else have any similar experiences to this please?

Its not a valuable item really, a pair of football boots for my son.

I've always found them to be very reliable. Would it be possible that they didn't try very hard to deliver to your address and left it with a neighbour?

Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    Today we had a package out for delivery via Yodel, after tracking it the status now states delivered at 12;00 lunchtime.

Someone has been in all day,no package has arrived and no card has been left (not that it would be if it was delivered?)

It appeared as delivered on the tracking site just after 9pm when the phone line and live chat closed.

Obviously I will have to contact them tomorrow but does anyone else have any similar experiences to this please?

Its not a valuable item really, a pair of football boots for my son.

Craftsman
    Only ever had bad experience with Yodel. A couple of years ago I had a mobile phone that was 'delivered', despite the fact that it wasn't. They then apparently attempted delivery the next couple of days without success. I was in and waiting for the delivery (even had CCTV footage proving no delivery attempts were made). It took about a week of 'attempted deliveries' before it arrived.

More recently ordered some computer hardware. Only on completion of the order did I realise Yodel were the courier. Had a couple of 'attempted deliveries' before it arrived.

I tried on a number of occasions to contact their customer services via phone but never got through.

Did you check the driveway?

Some epic comments on Youtube:

I think "Your Delivery, Your Call" means - We deliver your package eventually or possibly never, then we wait for your call to tell us it's damaged or incomplete or the driver stole the contents.

Craftsman

Yodel experiences......

A lot depends on who the final delivery people end up being. Round my way after its left the local depot it's an old retired couple who make the final drop off. Really nice helpful people.

I used to find Yodel the very worst out there.
    However, following a missed delivery this week, there system has improved dramatically.
    I arranged for my parcel to be redelivered the next day (which was easy to do on the phone - even a free 0800 number ) and it arrived no problem.

Hope they improve in your area too.

Nothing but bad

Master

Yodel experiences......

Bad experience for me, they were supposed to deliver a parcel to me last week, I was in all day but they said there was no answer so they left it at house number 1. The problem with that is there is no number 1 on my street! They must have gone to another street of the same name, even though postcode was provided. I left it for the sender to resolve and got another item sent out but to work address this time.

Because i'm in most days I seem to end up signing for Yodel packages for half the street (not too bothered) but they are the only courier who do this - the courier want to get rid of the packages at all costs (payment/results/targets??)

Blog Entries
    As mentioned, Yodel quality seems to depend on the quality, competence and motivation of the self-employed delivery driver. Round here we had a guy who seemed competent and who actually tried to deliver, did not put things in rubbish bins, etc. Of course, it helped that I was usually at home and so could sign for my neighbours' stuff too. One neighbour once asked: "Do you work for the delivery company?", I had so much stuff. He also worked concurrently for a couple of other delivery companies. Sadly haven't seen him for a while.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 18th January 2013 at 00:02.

Yodel experiences......

Used them once and wasn't too happy with them. I arranged a collection and they didn't even turn up on the agreed day. They turned up very late the following day. Not very professional or reliable.

Yodel experiences......

They have a lot of "self employed" people delivering their parcels. The trouble is they pay per item and at such a low rate that it's barely worth delivering once. If the customer's not in and they have to redeliver the parcel then it's usually cost them more than they get paid.

Their reviews are terrible and I've had bad experiences myself.

However their twitter support is really good and they respond very quickly. Give it a try if you have twitter (@YodelOnline) - they resolved an issue for me I had just before Christmas.

Master
    Local drivers round here get 30p per drop. Thats £0.30. How it even covers the fuel I don't know.

From what I've been told Yodel had their pants pulled down good and proper when they bought all DHL's UK business.

DHL basically only sold the accounts which they didn't want. Bulk catalogue etc. They kept the smaller, more profitable accounts.

Craftsman
    Not used myself, but browsing forums, and eBay seller community, they seem to be the worst. No company is perfect, so it's all about odds of it going well/badly (if this isn't stating the obvious).

Had one recently (from Amazon) and they were useless.

Delivered to the wrong address, in an "outbuilding" (they put it in the other house's dustbin!).

When the lady at the other house (who had been in all day - they didn't knock!) discovered the parcel (after they dropped the delivery slip through the letterbox - took her a while to work out that "outbuilding meant dustbin) she phoned them and they said they would collect it the next day.

She stayed in all day (again) and they didn't show up. Eventually she worked out that we were just around the corner so brought it round in person.

I've complained to Amazon but heard nothing.

Cheers,

experience

My experience mirrors yours. They were supposed to drop some stuff off and despite me staying in all day did not arrive. However, their system showed delivered. After a couple of phone calls and a re delievery I finally got the stuff, but was not a happy bunny.

I would not use them out of choice.

Truly awful service from Yodel and have not heard anything good first hand about them. They have a well earned reputation for ensuring the item is 'delivered' even if that means putting it in your wheelie bin on collection day and then not leaving a card. Nintendo DS's do not like refuse trucks!

I've had a number of experiences with them (most recently through Tesco.com) where they failed to deliver my sons birthday present and even their client (Tesco) could not work out why the item had been returned to the warehouse. I've had anniversary flowers arrive the day after the anniversary and then at 10pm in the evening and left behind the bins.

Although to be fair on those occasions I ended up with two sets of red roses instead of one and a £20 credit voucher from Tesco to apologise.

I would genuinelly avoid doing business with a company that used Yodel to deliver their goods. Also I got the impression Tesco.com were aware of this and were slowing moving away from using them.

Seems wrong in these time when you've got hard working businesses struggling to survive and somehow Yodel are still around basically failing to deliver again and again.

Master
    A bit my own fault but never mind I ordered several items from Amazon with gaurenteed delivery date of 24/12, silly I know but nevermind. Fedex yep on time, Royal mail yep arrived on time Yodel were delivering two parcels, one went to there Warrington rather than Bournemouth depot, at least online tracking showed me it was a cock up so alternative arrangements were maid for christmas presents. The other parcel at silly o'clock in the morning was updated as arriving in the depot, great delivery between 07:00-21:00 to my office, so I make sure I'm in the office just after 6 to make sure I get the deliveries from all the above listed companies. Midday comes and still no yodel delivery checked tracker and it still says waiting to be put on a van, the rest of the office goes home at 14:00 leaving me behind waiting, waiting and waiting some more at 17:55 I have enough as still listed as waiting for a van, so I Google a number to call them, there call centre advised to go to depot as they close at 18:00! and that they had forgotten to put it on a van, so I run there and they had all gone home, bloody marvellous.
    So 2 parcels both buggered up, both for redelivery on 27/12 so again I wait and the status changes to failed delivery nobody to sign for parcel as the one from Warrington will not arrive until 28/12, I'd been in office since 06:00 and nobody had called, even if they had the door bell would wake the dead it's so loud.
    So I walk to Yodel and they said they hadn't put it on the van for delivery as they didn't expect anyone to be there!
    The thing is Yodel are less than 200 meters from my office so it's a joke.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Finally got my packages off them today, only ordered them in november

Its arrived!

Thanks for all the replies.

I phoned Yodel this morning and spoke to them and they said ring the driver and gave me his mobile number,she said it must be an erroneous scan?

Anyway I spoke to the driver and he said its out for today,my scanners not working right.

He said he would drop it at a neighbours as no one was in at ours today,but he put it in the blue recycling bin. At least its got here.

Alls well that ends well I suppose!

I think Yodel used to be Home Delivery Network and read somewhere that their contract with Amazon was for the cheapest delivery option, where signature was not required - that's why you tend to find stuff lobbed over the fence (as has happened to me on several occasions) - I've had to complain to Amazon about 5 times for stuff not delivered, mysteriously stuck in the network or inexplicably returned to Amazon.

Not impressed by yodel used both by Argos and Amazon. Amazon at least offer an alternative carrier but you need to ask cs!

Similar issues with an Amazon package.

Had an attempted delivery card showing that they had attempted to deliver a package twice (one of the times listed on the card was when I was in - but it means the driver can get shot of it back to the depot under their two strikes policy).

Got in touch to arrange a redelivery and they didn't show until the day after. They are the worst courier service I've come across. Even Parcelforce are far better. And they used to be shocking.

Master
    Yodel are slightly better than MyHermes. Even so, still possibly the second worst delivery company in the known galaxy.

Used them once and never again. I did get a full refund after an item took 9 days to be delivered, but even so that wasn't an acceptable outcome when the package had been promised within 3 days.

Craftsman
    i sent a giutar away with them,,,,never ever again...was lost in the matrix for 3 weeks before eventually found...thankfully undamaged

Havn't had a good experience with Yodel!! Last example, they said the DSLR had been left with the neighbour, after 2 days of arguing, eventually found it in my dustbin!! 2 hours before it was to be collected. They are realy low end.....