closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Eden Hazard vs Ballboy incident. Thoughts?

The Eden Hazard vs Ballboy incident. Thoughts?

Just wondered what the general consensus is on the Hazard incident from last night?

Personally I think the ballboy was a bit silly in trying to keep the ball. But I don't think that justifies Hazard kicking him and I think the sending off and subsequent ban are thoroughly deserved. Although some information which has since come out about the lad means he's not going to get much in the way of sympathy (silver spoon etc) I still don't think it's right for Hazard to do what he did.

I heard Pat Nevin on 5Live this morning saying that Hazard was just trying to poke the ball out from under the boy and managed to just catch him in the process. Personally I think that's a ridiculous defence but I was surprised by the number of people calling in who were in agreement with Nevin and were completely in Hazard's corner (so to speak!).

So just wondered what you guys thought?

It happened, the ball boy shouldn't have done what he did or tweet about time wasting prior to the game. Hazard shouldn't have reacted the way he did

End of (non) story IMO

Both were in the wrong.

Hazard should have known better and understood an appeal to the ref would have got the "lost" time back and got the ball boy a telling off.

The ball boy was just being a twat pure and simple. I hope the club bar him from helping out ever again.

Here here, ball boy was being a kn## and personally I dont think he intended to hurt him, in my eyes he was trying to kick the ball from under him!

Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    The ball boy was just being a twat pure and simple. I hope the club bar him from helping out ever again.
    His father is a director of the club apparently.

The player was in the wrong, but he was hardly a ball "boy". I understand he's 17 and the son of one of the Swansea Directors who'd tweeted before the game what his intentions were with regarding to wasting time.

I've read the lad apologised to Hazard in the Chelsea dressing room after the game & vice versa.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Just wondered what the general consensus is on the Hazard incident from last night?

Personally I think the ballboy was a bit silly in trying to keep the ball. But I don't think that justifies Hazard kicking him and I think the sending off and subsequent ban are thoroughly deserved. Although some information which has since come out about the lad means he's not going to get much in the way of sympathy (silver spoon etc) I still don't think it's right for Hazard to do what he did.

I heard Pat Nevin on 5Live this morning saying that Hazard was just trying to poke the ball out from under the boy and managed to just catch him in the process. Personally I think that's a ridiculous defence but I was surprised by the number of people calling in who were in agreement with Nevin and were completely in Hazard's corner (so to speak!).

So just wondered what you guys thought?

With his big toe!!

No more needs to be said if i'm honest. Hopefully doesn't get a ban, stupid mistake by both.

My 2p worth;

Ball boy was doing a bit of sledging. Great bit of acting on his behalf.

Hazard didn't see the funny side or ask the referee to act. In turn he acted like a thug and a bully ( moment of madness ? ) and kicked a kid. Disgraceful way to act, he's the one that should know better.

Can you imagine your child coming home from work and telling you they had been 'assaulted.'

I think Hazards actions are indefensible, will be interesting to see what the length of ban is.

I think the law of the land would dictate an assault charge and a day in court.That is if you are not an overpaid PL footballer

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    My 2p worth;

Hazard didn't see the funny side or ask the referee to act. In turn he acted like a thug and a bully ( moment of madness ? ) and kicked a kid. Disgraceful way to act, he's the one that should know better.

Can you imagine your child coming home from work and telling you they had been 'assaulted.'

I think Hazards actions are indefensible, will be interesting to see what the length of ban is.
    The boy provoked a man wound up in the heat of competition, His actions were apparently premeditated, the lad is a twat pure and simple. I have no sympathy for him whatsovever and I hope his old man gave him a huge bolloking for his totally stupid and unsporting actions.

This is why I watch rugby!

Master
    Sorry but I'd throw the book at both of them.

Ballboy;
    - Should be sacked from the ball boy job.
    - Banned from any games for the rest of the season and maybe longer.
    - If possible via whatever charter or contract agreement was in place fined.
    - Public apology.

Hazard;
    - Lengthy ban by FA and Chelsea.
    - Heavy fine.
    - Public apology.

I know the force/agression wasn't as bad as the Cantona incident, but it needs to be viewed in a similar light.

There's an angle on the coverage which shoes Hazard did punt the ball from under him.

Doesnt excuse Hazard and she shouldn't have tried to get the ball but what a load of fuss about nothing

I hope BellendBoy doesn't end up in the media selling his story

3 game ban for the card, end of story hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
    There's an angle on the coverage which shoes Hazard did punt the ball from under him.

Doesnt excuse Hazard and she shouldn't have tried to get the ball but what a load of fuss about nothing

I hope BellendBoy doesn't end up in the media selling his story

3 game ban for the card, end of story hopefully
    This basically.

I understand they 'made-up' after the game and that the police are not pressing charges.

Anyway... a 17 year old ball boy...!?

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    The ball boy was being a complete pr**k...it was premeditated,he was doing it so he could show off for his mates and he deserves no sympathy whatsoever.
    Hazard did not kick at the idiot,he clearly was attempting to lift him up and boot the ball out from underneath him.

A bit of a non-story IMHO. Also isn't 17 a little old to be a ball 'boy'?

As someone who doesn't follow football, how come the clock doesn't stop when the ball is out of play?

Master
    More a funny moment than a serious one.

I believe Hazard was trying to toe poke the ball from under the lad.

Banned
    I'm with Joey Barton on this one, he didn't kick him hard enough.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpsz008 View Post

I know the force/agression wasn't as bad as the Cantona incident, but it needs to be viewed in a similar light.
    Yes, I would agree with that point of view. Whilst the ball boy may have provoked Hazard, I can't imagine that the provocation was as nasty and spiteful as that which Cantona received from the man in the stands that he ended up kicking.

I thought a fat bloke had invaded the pitch and atttempted to get the ball, and fell over, obviously pissed.

A funny incident, the player has paid the price in a sending off an a ban, and so has the ball bloke, forever being known as a twat.

Lets all move on.

Blog Entries

He should have kicked the Jack B much harder.

Digger

Kick ballboys out of football!

Master
    I have every sympathy for Hazard, and I say that as someone who believes that Chelsea FC is the distillation of almost everything that is is wrong in the world (never mind the UK) and who would happily see Stamford Bridge turned into a supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    I'm with Joey Barton on this one, he didn't kick him hard enough.
    :-). +1....only joking, the ballboy was a prick. Hazard over enthusiastic...

Perhaps, following the " Van Persie could've been killed by a football " episode, Hazard was merely protecting the ballboy(man) from serious injury?

Master
    Both have apologised, both have acted like twats....both no doubt felt very embarrassed this morning.

End of.

To compare with Cantona incident is laughable - FWIW I have no lean to either club, and detest Chelsea

Master
    I hope Hazard doesn't feel embarrassed actually - he didn't do much wrong. The ball boy (if you can call a 17 year old a boy) on the other hand should be ashamed of himself. Looks like a chavvy little nugget, too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    The boy provoked a man wound up in the heat of competition, His actions were apparently premeditated, the lad is a twat pure and simple. I have no sympathy for him whatsovever and I hope his old man gave him a huge bolloking for his totally stupid and unsporting actions.

This is why I watch rugby!
    +1 with this. Who ever heard of a 17 year old ball boy anyway?

Craftsman

Re: The Eden Hazard vs Ballboy incident. Thoughts?

They BOTH should be banned for the remainder of the season to send a strong message that this type of appalling behaviour from ALL sides will not and should not be accepted.
    Giving it more and more coverage on the tv and radio only encourages more of the same.
    If I kicked someone at a football match, would I not be excluded from ALL grounds? and labelled a thug and hooligan?

prick kicks dick

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo View Post
    prick kicks dick

Ball boy’s balls or ball ? ..............…All balls!

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Ball boy’s balls or ball ? ..............…All balls!
    suck...sinked...

Master
    I think we should give credit to Chavski for providing us with such wonderful entertainment.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21182766

Craftsman
    The FA should throw the book at Hazard. He should know better. I do think it has been blown out of all proportion but a 3+ game ban should ensure it doesn't happen again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
    The FA should throw the book at Hazard. He should know better. I do think it has been blown out of all proportion but a 3+ game ban should ensure it doesn't happen again.
    Don't be so daft. Do you honestly think you'll ever see another ball'boy' ever attempt to keep a ball as voraciously as that idiot again?

Master
    Hazard has potentially saved his life. The kid will hopefully reflect on his dipstick behavior and act a lot better - thus saving him from a most almighty beating in Swansea city centre that he would almost certainly get acting like he does.

Craftsman
    the ballboy got what he deserved. edin hazard got what he deserved. i don't support chelsea or swansea, but i think this issue with ballboys on the home team being slow to give the ball back to the opposition is stupid. they should instantly get the ball back to put in play immediately, whichever team requires the ball.

i hope that it is a lesson for all the ballboys instructed by the home team manager to slow play up. their job is to get the ball in play quickly. from the footage on tv, the ballboy came accross as the biggest tool ever with his pathetic antics at trying to slow the play down. hazard was wrong in his actions, but the blessing in disguise is that it has got media attention and we're all talking about it.

hazard will probably get a ban from the FA. probably justified as he is a professional footballer giving off a bad image to aspiring youngsters. the ballboy will be remembered for being a nob of the highest order with a big fat silver spoon in his gob.... and will probably achieve nothing in life living off his dads money.

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    My 2p worth;

That "child" is 17.
    If I was his Dad I would be cringing at the boy's actions and making sure he keeps his head down and his gob shut for a good while until it all blows over.

"Assault"? You are having a laugh.

HOWEVER - poetic justice that pro footballer is put in difficult position by person pretending to be injured after barely any contact.
    There is a god.
    And he's not a Chelsea fan (but we knew that anyway).

Master
    i was watching the match with a couple of others and having a beer.

My first reaction, and still my opinion, the ball boy should be up for an Oscar. Hazard toe poked the ball from under him after the ball boy grabbed it, fell on it, shielded it and tried to stop him getting to the ball.

Disgraceful by the ball boy, Hazard in the heat of the moment was only trying to get the ball

Violent conduct charge? Jeez that's crazy! Everyone can see the jack kid hardly got touched!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    i was watching the match with a couple of others and having a beer.

My first reaction, and still my opinion, the ball boy should be up for an Oscar. Hazard toe poked the ball from under him after the ball boy grabbed it, fell on it, shielded it and tried to stop him getting to the ball.

Disgraceful by the ball boy, Hazard in the heat of the moment was only trying to get the ball
    Absolutely the little chavs Dad is a director of Swansea apparantly so not much chance of a ban but the "FA"should look at this action by the ball boy in the same light as a supporter invading the pitch during a game in order to disrupt play.
    The red card should be rescinded but the FA want to extend the ban and in no way did this equate to the Cantona incident.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE