closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Bremont's New Shoes

Master

My Bremont's New Shoes

Driving past London yesterday I decided to divert into town and pay a visit to the Bremont boutique. I must say a very plesent experience it was as well.
    The sales staff were happy to spend time with me and show me whatever I wanted to see.
    Had a look at all there different straps, including the prototype of a waterproof leather there about to release.
    Tried a Supermarine with braclet - very nice - would like one for mine but not at that price! Then tried an MBII - also very nice. Also had a play with the Victory rose gold prototype (aparently there all sold out) Not usually a gold lover but really liked that.
    Both the English brothers were there as well being interviewed - Giles took the time to excuse himself and come over to introduce himself to me and have a quick chat about my watch. He seemed, as the english say, a throughly decent chap!
    Ended up buying a sand coloured GGB style canvas mil strap. Was a tose up between this and the black, but have had a hankering for a sand since seeing one on SC some time ago.
    Not a replacement for the rubber (which I love) but nice to have for a chance. Damn comfortable as well!
    all and all a great experience was had, and I highly recomend a visit for a look and a chat.
    A few Q&D picys.

Master
    Yeah i always love going to the boutique there as well, genuinely nice people and always feel welcome. Congrats on the sand strap I also got one as welL!

hi Si

glad you made it to the shop and got the strap you wanted, it looks good

seems like you picked a good day to visit & received excellent service which is fantastic

BTW, how much was the SS bracelet?

I'm a big fan of the Supermarine (and the MBII), and I think it looks very good on that canvas strap, makes a bit of a change from rubber, but still looks very purposeful. Is it waterproof?

Master
    I really like the Supermarine model too...I have hovered over a couple I have seen for sale recently!!! Great threads like these aren't making the decision not to buy any easier!!! Great watch and a terrific strap.... **note to self** Stop looking at Supermarine threads! 😜

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    hi Si

glad you made it to the shop and got the strap you wanted, it looks good

seems like you picked a good day to visit & received excellent service which is fantastic

BTW, how much was the SS bracelet?
    476! Seemed very well made and looks great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Supermarine (and the MBII), and I think it looks very good on that canvas strap, makes a bit of a change from rubber, but still looks very purposeful. Is it waterproof?
    Not to sure about waterproof - it has a valour backing (which makes for a comfy wear)
    I would think quick drying would be more accurate.
    To be honest I didn't ask as a bit of rain is about as wet as my divers get most of the time! :)

My Bremont's New Shoes

I wear my PO on one of my Bremont black NATO straps, so comfortable that I actually forget the watch is on my wrist.
    Was the new SM2000 on show there?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I wear my PO on one of my Bremont black NATO straps, so comfortable that I actually forget the watch is on my wrist.
    didn't see one but to be honest wasn't looking. The first I knew about it was reading the booklet they gave me to take home.

My Bremont's New Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    didn't see one but to be honest wasn't looking. The first I knew about it was reading the booklet they gave me to take home.
    Photographs were only released earlier in the week, so if one had been on show I would have expected it would have been fairly obvious to spot, but I'm no marketing guru.
    Good to hear your experience was a good one, I must get to one of their events soon.

That's a cool story and a lovely strap , I prefer nylon all day long

Good story. Was in the boutique myself earlier this week - a very pleasant experience.

Tell me, how easy is it to remove the OEM rubber from the Supermarine and get it back on?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dast View Post
    Good story. Was in the boutique myself earlier this week - a very pleasant experience.

Tell me, how easy is it to remove the OEM rubber from the Supermarine and get it back on?
    To tell you the truth I handed it over to the assistant to do! Wouldn't think it would be to hard - it has the cut outs in the back of the strap for the spring bar tool. The strap is similar to my U1 - which I've done numerous times.
    I'll let you know when I decide to swope back.

My Bremont's New Shoes

I use the new Bremont SM500 strap on my solo, easy to switch.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359728919.769980.jpg

Sand canvas with SM500 is a great combo!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    ...No sadly it was on my wrist ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    Sand canvas with SM500 is a great combo!

...No sadly it was on my wrist ;-)

Sweet! Can I ask how it happened to be there? How does the size compare to the SM500?

It looks good mate, i like it.

How long until the velcro is full of fluff?

Craftsman
    Driving past London yesterday I decided to divert into town and pay a visit to the Bremont boutique.
    was 20 years ago since i last driven in london.... how does the congestion charge grab you? no way i'd drive to london now. it does make me wonder, though, with the congestion charge why don't the mp's use chauffer driven fiestes instead of high end jaguars to save all us taxpayers some money!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    It looks good mate, i like it.

How long until the velcro is full of fluff?
    Never - now that I'm going to be picking it out with a pair of tweezers on a nightly basis! Cheers mate! :)

A great watch - I have wanted one for a long time - I think they look really cool - the store experience just makes me want one more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cornish View Post
    was 20 years ago since i last driven in london.... how does the congestion charge grab you? no way i'd drive to london now. it does make me wonder, though, with the congestion charge why don't the mp's use chauffer driven fiestes instead of high end jaguars to save all us taxpayers some money!
    Unfortunatly I work in London on a regular basis so am used to it. The charge is just another unavoidable evil!

Great looking strap, enjoy.

Sweet! Can I ask how it happened to be there? How does the size compare to the SM500?
    It's a long story. I don't have time ..and would most likey get banned (again)

Instead

<<<< heres a quick snap i took >>>>>>>> :-)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    great looking strap i am waitin for GGB to start producing again

Master
    Does look good on that canvas strap.

Master
    Very nice and it's the only Bremont model that I actually like and would entertain buying.

Master
    For me not the only one - I also like the MBII and U2, but IMO its the best looking watch Bremont make. I told Giles this - don't know if he agreed but me did say he wears one himself.