closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry or Dyson.

Henry or Dyson.

Our Dyson has started to die, not picking up stuff like it used to. I've had it to bits and cleaned everything, changed all the filters, but it seems to be Donald Ducked.

So - as it's only lasted 6 years, another one for about £350 or a Henry for just over a ton?

Got both, Dyson without a doubt.

Grand Master
    I have had the top end stuff in the past but have resorted to a cheapo Vac machine, the aftersales was great, phoned them when it broke, discribed the problem, and they just sent a new machine out! Didnt ask for the old one
    RIAC

Henry or Dyson.

We've just got a Henry and the dyson has been relegated to the garage for car duty (along with four others!) but I prefer the Dyson.

Dyson, bought the ball shaped one a few moths ago, superb!

Henry or Dyson.

Another vote for Dyson

Craftsman
    +1 for Henry. Had one for 6 years with no problems. Never had a Dyson so can't compare the two but have not found fault with the Henry. Just basic vacuum with 2 speeds and the fact that every tradesman through our door the last few years has had one means they are robust.

Master
    Neither, get a Miele.

Had mine 6 years and nothing has gone wrong with it at all. Build quality is superb!

Henry or Dyson.

I've had 5 dysons over the years, and thought they were ok. I got a Henry last year and was blown away. Much, much better then the silly flimsy no-suction dysons. It just does the job, and does it well, with no bells and whistles. So yes, my vote is 100% for the Henry.

Re: Henry or Dyson.

Hmmm. Thanks all. Being a cheapskate I reckoned the Henry looked ok for a third of the price of the Dyson.

We've got two cats and a dog, so want something that gets up pet hairs.
    Last edited by simes; 1st February 2013 at 23:50.

Our cleaning lady uses a Henry - total crap - if for some reason we have to hoover up in between her visits the upright a Vax something or other picks up loads more muck.

Digger

Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Hmmm. Thanks all. Being a cheapskate I reckoned the Henry looked ok for a third of the price of the Dyson.

Dyson with a motorised pet brush does the job perfectly. We have two cats and it does the job perfectly, picking up hair from carpets and furniture with total ease.

dyson because they look good, henry even thou is a good vac looks shi*e

100% Henry

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post

Again with the Miele! Cat and dog specific: http://www.miele.co.uk/vacuum-cleane...gturbo5000-76/

Every dyson I've used has been heavy and underpowered. The Henry's fall to bits after a few uses.

You get what you pay for.....

Depends on the type of flooring you have.

The Henry is good on hard flooring but not so good on carpet as it doesn't have a rotating brush.

With all vac's the main thing that affects performance is regularly cleaning the filters and/or changing the bag.

Not sure the Henry would be the most popular vac sold to the trade if it were to "fall to bits after a few uses".

Henry! The "tool" vacuum cleaner. Cheap and reliable - what's not to like?
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Blog Entries
    Go SEBO and stop believing the ads
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ads54 View Post
    Neither, get a Miele.

Had mine 6 years and nothing has gone wrong with it at all. Build quality is superb!
    Same here, far better than a Dyson IMO.

Master
    If you have the time look at VAX!

Journeyman
    WE ditched our Dyson ball for a Miele and its far better.

Journeyman
    Henry - we ditched the Dyson

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1980 View Post
    WE ditched our Dyson ball for a Miele and its far better.
    We have an upright Dyson (not ball) which I find is better and easier to use than the Miele Cat and dog.

GTech are getting a good reputation. Not tried myself but tempted.

We've had half a dozen Dysons at home and still have one. They are OK when newish but do lose suction and conk out even when maintained properly in too short a time considering the cost.

My wife has an office cleaning company and only uses Henrys.

She has some that are over ten years old, used in a commercial environment and still work perfectly. The most solid cleaner you can buy without doubt and spares are plentiful and cheap.

Only problem is they are a bit too bulky for home use IMO and we prefer an upright indoors.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

We've just replaced our old Dyson (DC04?) with a new ball one. I really like it - the suction is far better, plus the ball steering is actually very instinctive when you get used to it. Nice and light as well.

Craftsman
    Dyson...handheld and an upright

Another Miele convert. Had a dyson beforehand which always had problems picking up pet hairs, so we switched to the Miele upright which does a superb job but it is a heavy beast to lug around.

Of the two i would get the Henry. We had two Dyson's, both died so were replaced with a Henry. Great "tool" vacuum but alas now relegated to garage duty since we followed a friends recommendation & bought a Miele which i would highly recommend.

Master
    There's a reason why most professional cleaning firms use Henrys.

Check out this recent thread. Forget the rest, Henry is best...

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...vacuum-cleaner

In my old flat I bought a Henry to start with but when I got my cat I felt it just wasn't picking up the hairs as well as I wanted. Got rid of that and got one of the smaller dyson pet specific ones and it was excellent. Picked up better than the Henry I felt and was a lot less bulky to keep and use in the flat. However as said most commercial cleaners use Henry's so that is a good recommendation if ever there was one.....

Master
    We had a couple of Vax machines which kept falling apart, they did a good job but the build quality wasn't there, great customer service from there helpline was appreciated.

Several members of the wife's family swore by dysons but having used the MIL one a few times it was OK, we ended up getting a Hetty, Henry's pink partner, my dad used to work on farms and all the hoover type things were made by numatic including one used to clean the innards of the grain dryer, he now works on the railways at it is what there cleaners use and my mum runs a cleaning company and it's all she uses, so it's the way we went.

Were happy with it, she has fallen down the stairs more than once and still survives intact performance is good and it just works, different heads can make a difference, my parents have a dog and have bought a different head which gets the hairs off the carpet easier.

Master
    Another vote for Sebo. Built like a tank & sucks like a ... well, a very good vacuum cleaner. Five years parts & labour guarantee as standard, You won't get that with a Dyson, they'd go bust if they did.

http://www.sebo.co.uk/domestic-vacuu...rights/x4-pet/

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Go SEBO and stop believing the ads
    +1 for Sebo, superbly engineered. This will still be going when Dyson and Henry are clapped out!

Rod

Master
    We have a Dyson at home, and it's ok. On the boat we have a Charles (wet and dry version of the Henry) and it's astonishingly good at everything. Sucks up water and assorted gunk like nobody's business and seems indestructible. Bought it from Homebase or somewhere like that for £80 as it was ex-display, and probably the best £80 we've spent. Probably overkill for a home, but if you're looking for something that you can use practically anywhere without worrying about it, it's perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a Dyson at home, and it's ok. On the boat we have a Charles (wet and dry version of the Henry) and it's astonishingly good at everything. Sucks up water and assorted gunk like nobody's business and seems indestructible. Bought it from Homebase or somewhere like that for £80 as it was ex-display, and probably the best £80 we've spent. Probably overkill for a home, but if you're looking for something that you can use practically anywhere without worrying about it, it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    There's a reason why most professional cleaning firms use Henrys.
    Yes, they're cheap, compact and good on short pile office carpets.

We've got Hetty.

I'd recommend this vac as the best value for money you will find out there. Don't be swayed by claims of 5000w of suction power by some of the performance manufacturers, when a Numatic product will clean most domestic homes perfectly well.

Journeyman
    dyson every time

Craftsman
    Neither. driven wheels Kirby for the big areas and Oreck xl for small.

Get a Henry with an Airobrush attachment (air powered turbine type thing), that'll cope with any pet hair etc.
    Just take a look at the number of clapped out Dyson's at any car boot sale & you'll soon see how good they are..
    Henry's are great reliable little vacuums & very versatile.
    Miele's are good but the one my mother bought recently wasn't built as well as the older ones, the plastic was quite flimsy.

Dave

Anyone with a scoop on the 'new' dyson project?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    exactly right - they can be taken to bits and individual parts bought to replace broken bits - and if totally cream crackered just buy a new one - nothing to do with it actually being any good

staff also bang the bloody thing all over the place so not worth getting anything more expensive!!

Sebo all the way. German build makes these a cut above IMO... Ours is ten years old this year and hasn't put a foot wrong!

Sebo

Miele ,Im sure you will find oen online with a decent discount and for peace of mind take out Miele 10 year manufacture warranty for £30 .(that backs up how good they are)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ads54 View Post
    Neither, get a Miele.

+ 1 for Miele. We have the "cat and dog" variety.

Her indoors loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post

I'm inclined to agree. More than twenty years ago when a young banana would clean a local office after school for a few shekels, he vacuumed with a Henry.

It wasn't much good to be honest - a lot of effort, not much suction and pretty unwieldy.

I then promoted myself to work at a Happy Eater - and they had them. They were still pretty sh**e though. And then the restaurant chain went bust.

Probably as a direct result, although it's hard to prove.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Anyone with a scoop on the 'new' dyson project?
    Yes - it's the Dyson TackleBlade.

It's like the Airblade, but designed for drying your meat and two veg. You just insert your package in the orifice, close your eyes and pray.

Don't tell them I told you.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Henry! The "tool" vacuum cleaner. Cheap and reliable - what's not to like?

It's crap?