closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: View from BT Tower

Craftsman

View from BT Tower

Saw this on 'The One Show' earlier: http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html

Quite impressive!

Bloody hell that makes me feel a bit queasy when you look straight down. When zoomed in there is a massive amount of detail.

Master
    A great amount of detail when you zoom in, thanks for posting the link.

Grand Master
    London is mental isnt it
    RIAC

I've been up there in a work capacity a few times, but has anyone ever eaten up there when it was a revolving restaurant?

Thomas Reid
    I was surprised to see how very unpopulated London is. One can see very few people out and about. (There is someone with a One Show tee shirt looking directly at a camera, however.)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Last edited by rfrazier; 21st February 2013 at 13:21.

^^^^^^^^^^

I found what appears to be two sets of identical twins going for a walk
    Some weird zooming effect perhaps?

PostOfficeTowerPeople.jpg

Master
    Wow. The detail on the magnificent Senate House is very impressive. And does anyone know the name of the big Edwardian classical building above and slightly to the left of the British Museum?

Perhaps unsurprisingly, when the GPO tower was built line-of-sight was necessary for microwave telecoms so the views should be perfect. The detail is weird, I can see my office and my flat.

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier View Post
    I was surprised to see how very unpopulated London is. One can see very few people out and about. (There is someone with a One Show tee shirt looking directly at a camera, however.)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Given the activity in the parks, this looks like it may be a weekend. Or maybe they've been edited out for privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by jl smout View Post
    Wow. The detail on the magnificent Senate House is very impressive. And does anyone know the name of the big Edwardian classical building above and slightly to the left of the British Museum?

Victoria House I think, just off Bloomsbury Square. Promisingly Edwardian on the outside but hypermodern inside. There's a bowling alley in the basement.

http://www.victoriahousewc1.co.uk

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlemenpreferhats View Post

Given the activity in the parks, this looks like it may be a weekend. Or maybe they've been edited out for privacy?

Indeed. I was curious about how they were handling privacy concerns that people might have, so I went face hunting.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlemenpreferhats View Post
    Victoria House I think, just off Bloomsbury Square. Promisingly Edwardian on the outside but hypermodern inside. There's a bowling alley in the basement.
    Thanks. Oh well. At least it's better than demolition.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    The person with the One Show t-shirt appears in three places: it was done deliberately whilst the 50,000 photographs were being taken.

The presentation on the taking of the photo can be seen here (from 53:10 onwards) and is worth a look: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ow_20_02_2013/

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    I've been up there in a work capacity a few times, but has anyone ever eaten up there when it was a revolving restaurant?
    I had lunch up there in November. The revolving restaurant is still in operation but not open to the public. If you have a friendly BT account manager, then you get fairly regular invites to events there. Oh, and the food was as good as the views.

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The person with the One Show t-shirt appears in three places: it was done deliberately whilst the 50,000 photographs were being taken.

The presentation on the taking of the photo can be seen here (from 53:10 onwards) and is worth a look: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ow_20_02_2013/

R
    Thanks for this.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Thanks for this.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    I used to work for a subsiduary of bt and due to my fear if heights ive passed up the opportunity 3 times to go to the top.

Went up there many years ago when it was open to the public and found out I wasn't that enamoured with heights.

Although a lot lower the Monument is just as creepy vertigo-wise.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Thanks for posting - massive amount of detail, including licence plates. The place where I used to work on Euston Road has been knocked down!

Craftsman
    Seriously impressive. I can see my son's newly purchased flat in Shoreditch as clear as day.