closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Are You Going on Your Summer Hols?

Back to our favourite villa on the Algarve in Portugal with our friends in June.....a villa in Cyprus with the same friends in August, and Dublin in October for a friend of the 710's wedding.

Journeyman
    2 weeks in June in a villa on the Amalfi coast. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Just don't go wandering into the Souk on you own...

The Jemaa el Fna Square is amazing at night though.
    Thanks for the info.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Sharm El Sheik

For 2 weeks.

All inclusive.

Flying next Wednesday the 3rd.

So looking forward to it.....

Kids are so excited they may pop first.

We went last July.... damned hot but we had a great time, lovely place and nice people, you'll love it.

I had a summer holiday away in 1990. The Black Forest to visit relatives. The last holiday I had. Long story.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Not sure why I'm not too embarassed to share this, but.... Butlins Skegness!

To be fair, with three under three year old children I can't face airports or planes and when we just had the two girls last year they loved it.

Will be off to Centre Parcs a little later in the year too, for similar logistical reasons.
    Nothing wrong with that, I've got 4 year old twins and a 10 month old and I could think of nothing worse than taking them all on a plane.
    We're off to Charmouth for a fortnight later in the year in one of those lodge things.

Not sure why I'm not too embarassed to share this, but.... Butlins Skegness!

To be fair, with three under three year old children I can't face airports or planes and when we just had the two girls last year they loved it.

Will be off to Centre Parcs a little later in the year too, for similar logistical reasons.
    I remember those holidays very well, nothing wrong with it at all.

Our kids are now 9 & 6, so I’ve been brave enough to venture onto a plane for a few years now.

We weren't going to go away this year (trying to get some money together to do some work on the house) but my mum found a ridiculously cheap all inclusive deal to Menorca for a week in June, so we are going there!

Hopefully nowhere. I am so over this holiday thing, especially in the summer but then my whole life is pretty much a holiday.

We may have to go to Florida next month to visit my son and his wife if his green card doesn't come through on time.

Hopefully it will and they can come over here.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, I've got 4 year old twins and a 10 month old and I could think of nothing worse than taking them all on a plane.
    We're off to Charmouth for a fortnight later in the year in one of those lodge things.
    Our twin girls are nearly three now and I think we could just about wrestle the two of them through an airport and onto a plane, throw in a 9 month old boy who crawls at lightning pace, thinks he can walk and is in to absolutely everything though and it just isn't even remotely sensible. Two adults, three junior crazies, think I'll stick to wherever we can go in the Galaxy with them all securely strapped in from the moment we leave the house!
    Also, having just flown to Australia with work I spent quite a lot of the time watching others cope with small children on the plane, through airport security, waiting for baggage etc and it didn't look much fun! Usually one child per adult or one between two as well. I can't begin to imagine how we'd have coped with the hour and a half delay sat on the runway in Dubai, nevermind what that would've inflicted on the other passengers...

We did Centre Parcs with friends with twins the same age as ours just before Christmas and it was surprisingly hassle free, we're looking at a lodge or cottage or something similar somewhere else to go with them again, so will give the Charnmouth lodges a look.

my family has some properties abroad so I'm going to the villa in nerja, spain. I'm 20 years old & have been lucky enough to go there at least once every year of my life

Craftsman
    Radisson Blu Resort Malta......

14 nights....July/Aug, me and the missus..... & I will be having my 60th birthday over there too....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    Lopud Island in Croatia.
    Would be really interested in hiw you get on in Lopud Island. We were due to go there this year but are off on a road trip to Spain instead to see our daughter who lives there. Lopud island is high on our bucket list!

Denmark in June.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davestrong View Post
    Would be really interested in hiw you get on in Lopud Island. We were due to go there this year but are off on a road trip to Spain instead to see our daughter who lives there. Lopud island is high on our bucket list!
    We're there early May so I'll post on return and let you know. Spent a week in Cavtat last year and enjoyed it enough to go back to Croatia for another short holiday.

Undecided. Similar to others with a manic 3 year old and a stroppy 5 year old we cannot stand flying currently - makes a "holiday" into a stressful event rather than relaxing. Thinking of Isle of Wight or possibly even just a couple of weeks at home with a few day trips and meals out organised.

Nothing planned, might try a roadtrip around north east USA if get time clear. Backup is a couple weeks in Dubai with the feet up.

Master
    Italy in May for two weeks, rented a big villa there and will go with another family. No problem flying with our three and five year olds. Main thing for me is road cycling on the nice Tuscan roads with my friend...

I was chatting to my son (15) about this last night, as Bea is going to be off to Tenerife in July to spend some time with her family. Anyway, Sam and I were thinking it might be nice - instead of going for the usual beach holiday - to take the new car for a bit of touring along the north coast of France, roof down and some wind in our hair, stopping wherever we feel like stopping. He seems to be up for it so I'll have to do some planning and see what I can come up with.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Italy in May for two weeks, rented a big villa there and will go with another family. No problem flying with our three and five year olds. Main thing for me is road cycling on the nice Tuscan roads with my friend...
    China - do you rent roads bikes over there or take yours with you? Where abouts do you stay? I'm looking into something similar so would be interested on your thoughts. My original plan of cycling in the Pyrenees will have to wait till next year...

Master

Where Are You Going on Your Summer Hols?

Sharm el-Sheikh for 2 weeks in November with Mrs. MST, Mrs. MST Sr. and mini MST who will have just had her first birthday

Master
    Villa holiday in Hisaronu Turkey for the 5 year running,bring on the Efes and the blue lagoon in Olu Deniz.

Then a week at our friends apartment in Mijas Pueblo,Southern Spain.

Hope everyone enjoys there hols.

Col.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

We (family of 4) are flying to Denver in August for a 2 week road trip of USA mountains and deserts.
    I just did that over Christmas/New Year. Driving from Denver into the Rockies is simply breathtaking... such an amazing experience! Have fun :)

Oh, I'll go to the Maldives in June btw.

Regards,
    Al

Sowhere cool in August.........probably the UK's my best bet

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
    off to ibiza( first time) for ten nights middle of August,

Looking forward to it as not had one for two years
    Ibiza is great! I normally go with the wife and kids, but this year I have a lads weekend booked there

Master
    Not sure yet, we have two children, with the youngest only 3 months old so I don't think anywhere hot/long haul is likely this year Thinking about going to Jersey, few year's since I last went but none of the family have been and it's a good place for kids IMO. Would be nice to get some (warm) sun though! I also like Le Touquet and would like to take the 911 on a mini driving holiday but that might prove tricky with luggage/push chair etc!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I was chatting to my son (15) about this last night, as Bea is going to be off to Tenerife in July to spend some time with her family. Anyway, Sam and I were thinking it might be nice - instead of going for the usual beach holiday - to take the new car for a bit of touring along the north coast of France, roof down and some wind in our hair, stopping wherever we feel like stopping. He seems to be up for it so I'll have to do some planning and see what I can come up with.
    Just noticed this (see my post above). Great idea IMO, some really nice roads along the north coast and some lovely towns/beaches. Sounds a good idea to me. What car have you gone for Tony, noticed it was a Porsche?

Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM View Post
    Just noticed this (see my post above). Great idea IMO, some really nice roads along the north coast and some lovely towns/beaches. Sounds a good idea to me. What car have you gone for Tony, noticed it was a Porsche?
    It's a 3.2S Boxster, Nick. Sam has been nagging me for a couple of years to get something a bit more exciting than the CLK so he's feeling very pleased with himself right now!

It's a 3.2S Boxster, Nick. Sam has been nagging me for a couple of years to get something a bit more exciting than the CLK so he's feeling very pleased with himself right now!
    Great choice Tony - did you manage to source a sensible deal on insurance BTW?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Great choice Tony - did you manage to source a sensible deal on insurance BTW?
    I did, Chris, in as much as it was only £240 more than the premium for the CLK200. I was amazed, actually.

I have a week booked in Sharm el-Sheikh for a bit of snorkelling but between now and then i have a cottage booked in brecon for a bit of doing nothing. I think i am looking forward to a log fire more than i am to a trip to egypt!

Unfortunately, no summer hols booked yet. I changed jobs at the end of last year and the one thing I'll really miss is the drop from 30 days annual leave to 20. Ouch.

I've just booked up a weekend break in Chester though for myself and the good lady. No idea what it's like, but seems nice enough from the photos. SWMBO has informed me however that it's something to do with Hollyoaks? I'm guessing that's not a good thing..

Cheers,

Plug

I did, Chris, in as much as it was only £240 more than the premium for the CLK200. I was amazed, actually.

Excellent - likewise
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Nice, bet you're looking forward to some decent weather now. Maybe we should organise a car/watch g2g over the summer?!

2 weeks camping in the Dordogne, near Sarlat in August. Just booked this site today http://www.campinglecapeyrou.com/index.html

Good value at £20 per night with electric hook up.

Craftsman
    We're off to Disneyland Florida for a few weeks in August. Ideally would have waited for a couple more years until the kids were a bit older, but prices have increased quite a bit over last year, and last years prices were quite a bit more than the year before and so the trend suggested that we might not be able to justifiably afford it in the future.

Whilst the Mrs and kids will love it I'm sure, the thought of 3 weeks of Mickey Mouse fills me with a little dread if I'm honest, which is why I insisted on going to New York at half term in feb for a week - never been before and so that was my treat to me.

Two weeks of sea, sun, sand and s..s.. sea food :) can't wait..

Fas est ab hoste doceri

We did Centre Parcs with friends with twins the same age as ours just before Christmas and it was surprisingly hassle free
    Ha, we're off to Butlins skeggy and centre parcs this year as well :) Me, my brother and sister all have under-18-month-olds so throw in grandparents and it's aces. We do centre parcs a couple of times a year as our family is....complex... So it's a great place to get together.

Craftsman
    Le Mans in June for a blokes holiday followed by Sorrento with the family.

Master
    montpellier for 10 days (great food and beaches) then Christmas in florida for 2 weeks. some sun for a change at chrimbo!

Isle of Wight for Easter and 3 weeks visiting family in Malta in July/August.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Starting the summer early and finishing late. I love long summers.

Off tomorrow morning to Tel Aviv for 8 days. End of April 4 days in Zurich for Baselworld. In June a week in Belle-Île, island off the Brittany coast. Then nothing till September when we will take 3 weeks in Thailand and Vietnam.

Having a month in South Africa to visit my dad. It's been a while.

Apprentice
    First child along in 10 weeks time, but short stay in Arundel, then a friends wedding in Malta in August so combining both...

Craftsman
    Dubrovnik in June.

Shooting competitions abroad this year for the first time.

A week in Prague in May shooting the European FITASC championships
    A week in Madrid in July shooting the World FITASC championships.

My perfect holidays.

The missus has talked me into losing my cruise cherry and we set sail next week.
    We're off on a Caribbean cruise taking in the Bahamas, St Thomas, St Maarten, Grand Turk and the Virgin Islands.

I'm not entirely convinced its my kind of thing (I'm imagining being trapped in a Westfield shopping mall for 7 days!!) but it's my birthday present to her after she bought me a 116610 for my 50th so fair dues.

On the plus side I've done a little bit of homework and it seem St Maarten is the place for serious watch bargains... Haven't mentioned that bit to her yet.

We're off to Jersey next weekend for a few days - having a wedding blessing/party for those who couldn't make it to the UK for our wedding last October. Hoping the weather has improved over there!

Off to Morval in Cornwall May half term for the week with the kids.

No big summer holiday planned as we had the wedding last October and having the kitchen done later this year. Hoping to sort a couple of weekends away over the summer.

May be see if we can have our postponed honeymoon in New York that we had to cancel because of the storm last October.

Craftsman
    Off to Riviera Maya, Mexico in May for 2 weeks, Hotel El Dorado Royale near Playa Del Carmen

Any info/advice would be good ( watch or none watch related)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    On the plus side I've done a little bit of homework and it seem St Maarten is the place for serious watch bargains...
    This is true but you have to haggle ruthlessly and walk away a lot. Don't get comfy in one shop with a cold drink and cigar or they will have you.

Good luck

Digger