closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What strange things have your kids jammed in appliances?

What strange things have your kids jammed in appliances?

I had an interesting couple of hours last night stripping the washer/dryer to remove some magnetic numbers that my 2 year old daughter decided to 'post' through the powder drawer.

She'd managed to put them underneath the drawer so they dropped inside the feed pipe to the drum.....
    The first two came out with a bit of bent coat hanger but the other 5 were truely wedged!

So out came the tools and I started to dismantle the 12 month old appliance - much to the wifes dismay!

Anyway, after an hour or so it was all dismantled and the offending articles removed - and when I put it back togehter it all worked!!

So, this got me thinking - what have your kids jammed in to appliances?

One of mine has pushed the eject button down into the DVD player so you have to use the remote to open / close it....
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Going back a few years..... posted a jam sandwich into the video machine.

Not mine but friend's. Playing cards in the disc drive, orange juice poured into the antique time recorder clock, raisins in the keyhole of the front door. The list goes on.

When I was a kid I used to push hairpins into electric sockets (which didn't have safety covers in those days). This has left me with a healthy respect for electricity.

My car keys turned up in the washing machine powder drawer, several days after, spending a shed load of cash on new keys.

I woke up one morning to the sound of a repeatedly flushing toilet.
    Got up to find that my son had jammed an iceberg lettuce down the bog and was fascinated at all the water that was gushing on to the floor every time he flushed.

Craftsman
    Nothing so far, but at 15 months old, she can't be too far away from attacking my Arcam System which is conveniently at toddler level ! I also fear for my floorstanding speakers which are likely to take a bashing. Good excuse to buy some new gear though !!

Quote Originally Posted by marcbe View Post
    Nothing so far, but at 15 months old, she can't be too far away from attacking my Arcam System which is conveniently at toddler level ! I also fear for my floorstanding speakers which are likely to take a bashing. Good excuse to buy some new gear though !!
    Yeh.. small fingers prodded into woofers... that was another one I had to endure

On a related note, my 11 year old was carrying his laptop down the stairs yesterday when he dropped the power cable in front of him half way between steps then put his full weight on the up-turned plug - does "what strange things have your children jammed into themselves?" count?

We managed to unplug him but much outpouring of screams and blood followed.
    Gray

When my daughter was 2 she posted the Sky viewing card neatly between the floor boards, but when "interrogated" by the rest of the family couldn't remember where
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”