closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: It should look something like this

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Cowboy View Post
    Can I have number 69 please?
    Ha ha, probably a better chance of winning the lottery. Best of luck on the day though.

Michael

has any decision been taken as to how these are going to be "distributed" amongst the people? i took heed of eddies earlier posts about not taking a reserve list for the watch.after that there was a rush of folk saying i'll take this number eddie!!!!.any decisions taken?

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    has any decision been taken as to how these are going to be "distributed" amongst the people? i took heed of eddies earlier posts about not taking a reserve list for the watch.after that there was a rush of folk saying i'll take this number eddie!!!!.any decisions taken?
    They are all gone, were offered to members according to their seniority. I never got the offer to buy one with my measly post count.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    They are all gone, were offered to members according to their seniority. I never got the offer to buy one with my measly post count.
    Strange! It must've been a glitch in the system as I received 2 mails offering me to buy the watch, but I refused as I like white face watches.

Really don't know how you didn't receive any mail with your post count

Craftsman
    Is this how all the new LE watches go?

Just wondering as I'm still new to this all.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by m4r10 View Post
    Strange! It must've been a glitch in the system as I received 2 mails offering me to buy the watch, but I refused as I like white face watches.

Really don't know how you didn't receive any mail with your post count
    Now you got me confused. Just hope it has got nothing to do with me being a foreigner? We people from Luxembourg are no strangers to discrimination...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post

Now you got me confused. Just hope it has got nothing to do with me being a foreigner? We people from Luxembourg are no stranger to discrimination...
    Bugger off. No luxemburger in their right mind would support Hertha. If I'm feeling flash at Easter I'll buy you an Eintracht Trier tshirt; it's your local team.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Bugger off. No luxemburger in their right mind would support Hertha. If I'm feeling flash at Easter I'll buy you an Eintracht Trier tshirt; it's your local team.

Haha, I actually got a Trier shirt already, I had a season ticket during their years in Bundesliga 2.

Is this how all the new LE watches go?

Just wondering as I'm still new to this all.

Regards
    This is not a limited edition.

No watches have been sold. The watch is limited by the number of movements Eddie is able to source.

Craftsman

Join the gang!

I take 44!
    as it be my first PRS watch
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    No watches have been sold. The watch is limited by the number of movements Eddie is able to source.
    Phil, why ruin speculation with facts ;)

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    So is this still due to be released next week? i.e. when I'm on holiday with zero internets.

Master
    Is it just me, or was the forum clock at the top of the page only recently updated to be a GMT? (posting in here as it's relevent to the watch!)

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Is it just me, or was the forum clock at the top of the page only recently updated to be a GMT? (posting in here as it's relevent to the watch!)
    November 2012 - so it was 4-months ago
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ht=dreadnought

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
    So is this still due to be released next week? i.e. when I'm on holiday with zero internets.
    Probably.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    November 2012 - so it was 4-months ago
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ht=dreadnought
    Wow - shows how much I pay attention.

<gets coat>

Hard to bear..but think of the stress you'll save!

Or.........................

It could just be a wind up from his Eddieness, and be as real as this one....GULP!

[/QUOTE]

Tim

It should look something like this

Quote Originally Posted by 41northpole View Post
    It could just be a wind up from his Eddieness, and be as real as this one....GULP!

I must get round to updating that to a Voyager :)

Craftsman
    This could usurp my Everest as my favourite Eddie creation. If I can get my hands on one :(

I'd like to chirp in for number 04 if this is released and I haven't had a vehicle break down and need replacing before then!

edit... forget about the number.. I'd just be happy to get one... finger and card ready for delivery date!

Its quite funny as when I joined this forum I was really interested in acquiring a rolex and or a panerai so came to learn about watches. Two months on and I've almost forgotten about those and am holding out for a PRS.
    Last edited by canuck; 21st March 2013 at 14:34.

New image

Quote Originally Posted by waynertron View Post
    I must get round to updating that to a Voyager :)
    Can you make it life size and straight on to the dial. We can all print it out and tape it our wrists then!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I'd like to chirp in for number 04 if this is released and I haven't had a vehicle break down and need replacing before then!

edit... forget about the number.. I'd just be happy to get one... finger and card ready for delivery date!

Its quite funny as when I joined this forum I was really interested in acquiring a rolex and or a panerai so came to learn about watches. Two months on and I've almost forgotten about those and am holding out for a PRS.
    Me too! When I joined I had my heart set on a Rolex, but after hanging around the forum for a few weeks my first purchase was a PRS-17C. This and my Damasko DA36 (also bought from Eddie) are still my favourites and will never be sold. On the other hand various Rolex and Omega "must have's" were unceremoniously flipped.

I can't wait to try and get hold of one of these icons!

Is this the week?

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post
    Is this the week?
    Perhaps.

You can sense all those anxious folk at home, trying not to breathe for fear of setting something off that may prevent them from leaping onto their computers the second this is released. The silence also prevents any heads-up to the competition. Funny times.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Perhaps.

You can sense all those anxious folk at home, trying not to breathe for fear of setting something off that may prevent them from leaping onto their computers the second this is released. The silence also prevents any heads-up to the competition. Funny times.
    Went to bed a little nervous last night, not wanting to oversleep. As you say, it's quite amusing really :-)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but I just bought a watch last week and have little spare cash, therefore it's not possible for the DN GMT to be released this week :-) :-)

On a serious note, with previous releases, how long was there from where details and specs and price of the watch was released, until orders became possible? I was looking on the TF site today and it said the original DN had a reservation list, though other people have commented in this thread that Eddie doesn't work that way. So for those who can remember how has it played out in the past?

Craftsman
    sat waited for 9am.....refreshed and...

sat waited for 9am.....refreshed and...
    Don't waste your time, it won't be here this week and I'm closing for 2 weeks for end of year stocktaking and accounts.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Don't waste your time, it won't be here this week and I'm closing for 2 weeks for end of year stocktaking and accounts.

Eddie

<Collective sighs, breathings out and groans from Scunthorpe to San Diego>

I thought today was the day as well. Woke up at 3am est to hit that buy now button. Ok, back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by occamsrazor View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but I just bought a watch last week and have little spare cash, therefore it's not possible for the DN GMT to be released this week :-) :-)

On a serious note, with previous releases, how long was there from where details and specs and price of the watch was released, until orders became possible? I was looking on the TF site today and it said the original DN had a reservation list, though other people have commented in this thread that Eddie doesn't work that way. So for those who can remember how has it played out in the past?
    In the past Eddie would have a reserve list but for the last few years it has been first come first served on the announced release date. Expect to see a couple pics (most likely on the Friday thread) then an announcementment of the date/time. Length varies with how busy Eddie is, he has to take pics, write descriptions and come up with pricing. I have been waiting around ten years for the DN GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    I have been waiting around ten years for the DN GMT.
    Well the 10 year anniversary is coming up, maybe we all wait until that day ;-)

I'm sure this is pandering to those on holiday with no e-mail access this week.

I said that I was going to be busy and wouldn't be able to purchase one for three weeks... sounds like it might be perfect timing!

On another note... being new here how does the release thing work? I signed up for the timefactors emails... so will that tell me the release date or is it a bit hit and random and you just need to keep looking?

Craftsman
    I said that I was going to be busy and wouldn't be able to purchase one for three weeks... sounds like it might be perfect timing!

On another note... being new here how does the release thing work? I signed up for the timefactors emails... so will that tell me the release date or is it a bit hit and random and you just need to keep looking?
    I'm going to keep looking!

Eddie usually makes a post saying they will be available on a certain date at a certain time. Then the feeding frenzy starts. The first 49 Speedbird III (higher grade movt) sold out in 2 minutes and 31 seconds. Figure the DN GMT will be gone in less time.

Master
    I seem to remember there was a reserve list for this years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'm also getting a lot of e-mails asking for specific numbers. There is no list and I'm not accepting pre-orders. I don't know how to do it yet but with an initial release of only 100 pieces, it's bound to be chaos.

Eddie

Master
    It was long before you joined.

I remember there being one also but most of the people that were on it are long gone.

It was long before you joined.
    Aye, but the post I quoted was written well after the original thread that I suspect you are referring to. Personally, I'm not the maker so it's of no business to me... Yes I'd love to own one but Eddie can do as he pleases. I was just trying to answer a question with the most recent comment on the subject.

Aye, but the post I quoted was written well after the original thread that I suspect you are referring to. Personally, I'm not the maker so it's of no business to me... Yes I'd love to own one but Eddie can do as he pleases. I was just trying to answer a question with the most recent comment on the subject.
    I think the list you refer to was NOT started by me.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    I'm sure this is pandering to those on holiday with no e-mail access this week.
    Right, that's me back from my weeks holiday. Let's get this thing on sale. :)

Tbh that week I was away would have probably been the easiest for me to buy one of them. I managed to get internet access no problem.
    Now I'm back to the nightmare of working in a place where I get zero reception on my phone so no internet during working hours equals no Voyager for me probably.
    Last edited by GuyIncognito; 31st March 2013 at 18:01.

Master
    Blog Entries

Now I'm back to the nightmare of working in a place where I get zero reception on my phone so no internet during working hours equals no Voyager for me probably.
    Well, I ordered my CAF (PRS-9) last year from the works' carpark at ~08:20 so you may be in luck...

Sure this thought has been raised before, but instead of a mad rush wouldn't it be better to have some kind of lottery or draw?

Sure this thought has been raised before, but instead of a mad rush wouldn't it be better to have some kind of lottery or draw?
    Go into the ring with that kind of attitude and you've lost before you even stepped over the ropes.

Man up, develop a strategy, I favour the old 4 macs one mouse trick, and get your index finger into shape.

50 screen refeshes a minute is quite achievable with practice, but if you've let yourself go, there's precious little time left to get anywhere near that level of performance.

If you loose, I guess you can console yourself with the notion that you weren't up to the very high standard this watch sets, and get back to your knitting

Last edited by raysablade; 3rd April 2013 at 19:48.

Who let the communist in? This is for the Dreadnought and not some Greenpeace boat, after all. I suggest we place all available watches in the middle of a large fenced ring, along with a selection of hand-to-hand combat weapons. To the victors go the spoils!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Well, I ordered my CAF (PRS-9) last year from the works' carpark at ~08:20 so you may be in luck...
    Hopefully Eddie opens at 05:55 as that's when I usually get to the carpark.