closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: public service announcement - g shock content

I've worn mine all afternoon. It's a very comfortable watch. The analogue watch is very easy to read, the LED displays less so. They only really work in direct sunlight and the light isn't a back light for them, it is at 6 o'clock to light up the dial. It took a while to work out how to set DST for the cities around the World. Apart from these minor niggles it is a superb watch for the price I paid.

What a great watch! And interestingly, far superior to the rubber strap version with yellow hands and 'accents' I flipped last year. The orange hand against the white numerals are far more legible, and the white lume is noticeably brighter. The bracelet is loosely 'hinged' right by the case (as opposed to the solid 'block' of rubber on the strap version) and it really is very comfortable to wear. The bracelet is a step up from the composite Casio affair on the 5610 - and easy to adjust with little springbars. A really brilliant but for just over £100 - the best watch bargain since I bought a Monster for £110! - thanks again to the OP :-)

Nooooo... got my email from Amazon on this today. Apparently they'd made a boo-boo in their pricing, so under their T&Cs they don't have to honour the order.

Balls. You few, you lucky few....

Quote Originally Posted by sepsonto View Post
    Nooooo... got my email from Amazon on this today. Apparently they'd made a boo-boo in their pricing, so under their T&Cs they don't have to honour the order.

That's unlucky - I thought it seemed too good to be true. To be honest I was surprised the same didn't happen to me, mine actually arrived within 24 hours of ordering, which is the fastest I've ever received a package from Amazon. The Casio box was covered in a thick layer of dust and the module showed it hadn't synced in about 9 months and the charge was on low, my guess is they found a few in a corner somewhere. I think they are showing at £199 now which still isn't a bad price. The bracelet is good quality and makes it very comfy.

Collected mine from the post office this morning, after missing the delivery yesterday.

Complete bargain for the £80.80 it cost me & thanks to the OP for the heads up.

Dan

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

I thought my order was heading in a similar direction as the dispatch conformation took several days to arrive. It was apparently dispatched yesterday with an expected delivery date next week, not very prompt but at least it's on it way.
    Amazons supply and dispatch system appears a tad erratic.

G Shock

Oredered on the 21st .
    Recieved disptach confirmation , thank god and now just waiting . Hope the little man likes it or it will be up for sale .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    What a great watch! And interestingly, far superior to the rubber strap version with yellow hands and 'accents' I flipped last year. The orange hand against the white numerals are far more legible, and the white lume is noticeably brighter. The bracelet is loosely 'hinged' right by the case (as opposed to the solid 'block' of rubber on the strap version) and it really is very comfortable to wear. The bracelet is a step up from the composite Casio affair on the 5610 - and easy to adjust with little springbars. A really brilliant but for just over £100 - the best watch bargain since I bought a Monster for £110! - thanks again to the OP :-)
    I have recently bought one of the rubber strapped, yellow handed versions, and whilst I really like it, if I had been able to have bought one of these for 100GBP I would buy it in an instant...sadly though, I have missed the boat. Will need to act quicker in future!

ATB

Jon

How big are these on the wrist fellas? Any wrist shots ? I foolishly held back thinking 5 g shocks are enough...:-(

Another great deal at the moment is the DW6900 for £44.99 - £25 with discount. Wearing mine just now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-DW6900...s=casio+dw6900

Excellent bang for the buck. I foolishly sold my old GW6900, loving this, missed the ease of use factor versus the 5600/5000 squares. Oh and time in stopwatch mode also....;)
    Last edited by MattMM; 23rd May 2013 at 19:22.

Master
    Is it me, or is Amazon full of G-Shock bargains now?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Another great deal at the moment is the DW6900 for £44.99 - £25 with discount. Wearing mine just now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-DW6900...s=casio+dw6900

Excellent bang for the buck. I foolishly sold my old GW6900, loving this, missed the ease of use factor versus the 5600/5000 squares. Oh and time in stopwatch mode also....;)

I didn't think the 3rd party seller, "fulfilled by Amazon" ones you could use the 20% discount on though? If you can, opens up the scope a bit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post

I thought my order was heading in a similar direction as the dispatch conformation took several days to arrive. It was apparently dispatched yesterday with an expected delivery date next week, not very prompt but at least it's on it way.
    Amazons supply and dispatch system appears a tad erratic.
    Strange.....

My order states: 'not yet dispatched'. Called Amazon and they told me their are waiting for a new shipment and don't know the delivery date. Hope mine doesn't get cancelled. I ordered it on the 20th while other members that ordered it later, already got a notification of dispatch.

Think I need to look for another one.

I ordered mine on the 20th in the original batch, had dispatch note, but as I ordered it cheap-skate delivery, it is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday....

mine finally turned up today! i got one for me and one to sell, which will hopefully pay for my one - obviously i wasnt the only one with the same idea - theres quite a few on ebay!
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

G Shock Shock

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    mine finally turned up today! i got one for me and one to sell, which will hopefully pay for my one - obviously i wasnt the only one with the same idea - theres quite a few on ebay!
    Congrats fella . Still waiting for mine .

Now why didn't I think of that ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoseidon View Post

did you get a despatch email?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoseidon View Post

Ditto all of the above!

did you get a despatch email?
    Yes Dave ,just seen this .

Dispatched on the 22nd ....Expected on 28th !

Fingers crossed !

I missed this one. Sooo gutted :(

Master
    Ordered mine a couple of days ago, still no notification of dispatch :(. Hopefully Amazon will not cancel my order. Getting quite anxious...

Craftsman

Wen did you ordered yours?

I paid for the postage and got it the next day. Added £6 or so but I decided I'd have to pounce. Been wearing it ever since, best deal I've had off Amazon I reckon. I nearly ordered 2 but actually thought the price was a mistake so didn't bother!

All set up and sized the bracelet . The pins on the micro adjustment I found a lot more fiddly than on the composite . Is it a keeper ? I think so . Heavier and feels a bit bigger than my 6900 daily wearer . I wish the bracelet was all semi-matt - it has these polished accents in the centre of the links which I find a bit fussy . Dial layout isn't as complicated as it looks . The light is shit and almost looks like an afterthought . It reminds me of the interior light on an old Renault 5 . It has the same watery warmth , which is a bit out of place on this otherwise hi tech piece of kit . really needs an illuminated backlight for the digi panels . the crystal is nice quality and looking into the dial gives a feeling of depth thanks to the stepped rehaut . Being picky I would like to see AR on the inside of the crystal , which I think would improve this watch a lot . The watch head has a nice solid feel to it and the bracelet is equally nice quality ... overall I'm impressed . I'm giving it a 9 out of 10.. Made in Thailand and not china . The more recent 6900's are made in china .
    Last edited by seikopath; 24th May 2013 at 18:38.

Master
    My 3000 is made in Thailand too. Must have been in the humid monsoon season too, it fogs up like a sauna when the external temperature drops!!!

Hasnt stopped me ordering one of these on offer though ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie85 View Post
    Wen did you ordered yours?
    Just after midnight on 20th bro, so technically 21st...

Craftsman

Just after midnight on 20th bro, so technically 21st...
    Maybe that has something to do with it.

All set up and sized the bracelet . The pins on the micro adjustment I found a lot more fiddly than on the composite . Is it a keeper ? I think so . Heavier and feels a bit bigger than my 6900 daily wearer . I wish the bracelet was all semi-matt - it has these polished accents in the centre of the links which I find a bit fussy . Dial layout isn't as complicated as it looks . The light is shit and almost looks like an afterthought . It reminds me of the interior light on an old Renault 5 . It has the same watery warmth , which is a bit out of place on this otherwise hi tech piece of kit . really needs an illuminated backlight for the digi panels . the crystal is nice quality and looking into the dial gives a feeling of depth thanks to the stepped rehaut . Being picky I would like to see AR on the inside of the crystal , which I think would improve this watch a lot . The watch head has a nice solid feel to it and the bracelet is equally nice quality ... overall I'm impressed . I'm giving it a 9 out of 10.. Made in Thailand and not china . The more recent 6900's are made in china .
    I've been wearing a gw6900 on the composite bracelet from a 5610bc and it's a much stealthier Matt combo than my new 3500. I agree the bracelet adjustment is much fiddlier than the composite bracelet - but still much easier than eg a Seiko monster. I agree about the backlight but I kind of like it - the analogue 3000 don't have a light at all so it's a good compromise.
    I'm confused about your comments regarding 'made in Thailand' - the caseback of mine states it's made in Japan whilst the bracelet is marked 'stainless steel China'
    I think mine's a keeper too!

My case back states Japan movement , cased in Thailand . I haven't looked at the bracelet . Judging from the leaflets in the amazon box they were dispatched from France . I like this watch a lot . I think it might become my new daily wearer .

Maybe I'm confused - the caseback says stainless steel back Japan y but don't know if that means the whole case or movement? I agree it will make a good daily wearer, is its tough and legible and does everything you will need, supremely accurate, shockproof and solar. I thought the bracelet was a bit blingy but in practice it isn't garish at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Maybe I'm confused - the caseback says stainless steel back Japan y but don't know if that means the whole case or movement? I agree it will make a good daily wearer, is its tough and legible and does everything you will need, supremely accurate, shockproof and solar. I thought the bracelet was a bit blingy but in practice it isn't garish at all.
    what does it say after the 'y' ?

Water resist 20 bar

This is what mine says on the back:

Casio 5173 GW-3500BD Stainless Steel Back Japan Y Water Resist 20Bar
    G Shock Resist
    Shock Absorbing Structure

mine says

Casio 5173 GW-3500BD Stainless Steel Back Japan mov't Y
    cased in thailand and Water Resist 20Bar
    G Shock Resist

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    This is what mine says on the back:

Casio 5173 GW-3500BD Stainless Steel Back Japan Y Water Resist 20Bar
    G Shock Resist
    Mine's the same - interesting!

now im jealous , cos i think yours are made in japan :P

now im jealous , cos i think yours are made in japan :P
    Didn't you buy two? Maybe one is made in Japan and the other ones a dodgy one made in Thailand ;-)
    Seriously though - I'm sure they're the same just made in different factories - but I don't think I've ever seen that kind of wording on a Casio before - maybe the movements were produced prior to the Japanese Tsunami that wipe out their g shock factory a couple if years ago and they were subsequently cased in Thailand?

Sometimes I realise the combination of fat fingers and an iPhone is not good!

I dont think my order is going to be honoured.

I'll probably be sitting here until the end of time before Amazon let me know either way

So if anyone has bought one of these and isnt bonding with it.

Give me a shout and ill just buy it from you and cancel my Amazon order.

G shock

Arrived this morning . The little man loves it !

Hadn't realised how heavy it is , as heavy as my Monster !

Thanks for the heads up Dave !

I have not heard anything about mine. I was late to the party and ordered whilst they were sold out, not fussed about it as i only wanted to try it. Would be nice to hear from Amazon though!

Master
    I've not heard anything either, but just gonna sit tight and see if they deliver one when the new batch arrives.

Arrived!

Yep mine arrived and immediately stolen by father. Ffs.

Craftsman
    Still no confirmation from Amazon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommie85 View Post
    Still no confirmation from Amazon
    Me neither, but the order is still placed in my account. The longer the wait, the more I think it won't be honoured though.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Me neither, but the order is still placed in my account. The longer the wait, the more I think it won't be honoured though.
    Snap.

Master
    No news here either....unfortunately :(

Maybe that's good news, they have already cancelled some orders?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
    No news here either....unfortunately :(

Maybe that's good news, they have already cancelled some orders?
    Exactly my thoughts ;).

Missed this one but if anyone fancies selling me theirs please drop me a PM ;-)