closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A bit of free publicity

A bit of free publicity

From the July edition of "The Car Magazine".

http://www.tz-uk.com/pics/carmagwatches.pdf

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned in one breath with some of the big makers............great, and deserved

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Not a bad little article - reaching a wide audience.

Promotion of Timefactors well deserved. Let's face it Eddie you've put in years of toil bringing these watches to the world. Well done.

But it says you are a dealer !
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Very nice, suppose that will bring in a few orders.

Rightful praise.

All good things come to those who wait... and have a great product.

It makes a refreshing change from all the gifted, hyped and sponsored fluff we so often have to endure.
    Gray

An excellent and highly complementary piece of publicity, richly deserved.

Vogue next?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Pretty high percentage of words in that article for Timefactors brands/products.

Master
    Jesus, I better hurry up and order that 29B I've been promising myself before you're overwhelmed

Journeyman
    Really well deserved.

On the other hand I've heard that Eddie is sponsoring next years Wimbledon and that the next man on the moon will be wearing a 29B (or with some of Eddie's polish that could be the 29A as shown in the link), thank heavens I bought mine whilst they were still earth bound and affordable!
    Last edited by LeighG; 25th June 2013 at 11:01.

Result - Timefactors, Breitling & IWC on the same page - most excellent

Cool

+1 an excellent article and a good value timepiece too!

Free publicity doesn't get much better than that - congrats!

Don't forget us Eddie when you are at Cannes drinking a pint of Champagne with your ambassadors Beyonce and Cameron Diaz!

I am really pleased for you Eddie - well deserved recognition, long overdue.

- OMG....Now "Everyone" will want a DN GMT !
    Last edited by forpetesake; 25th June 2013 at 15:08. Reason: wrong impression given

Nice one Eddie. That brought a smile to my face. let's hope this results in lots more well deserved sales!

Bravo Eddie - truly well deserved!

Very nice I wonder if these little things significantly increase sales.... Either ways it probably doesn't hurt.

Master

Congratulations, Eddie ---- you earned that outstanding write-up and association with the two premium grade marques the article has you in the company of. Along with WORKSIMON, though, I didn't like the reference to "watch dealer", and don't think it fits at any rate. You are to Timefactors everything that Hans Wilsdorf was to Rolex perhaps short of his later owning the machinery of production itself, which I don't believe is a necessity in modern manufacturing terms now. You are a watch manufacturer, Sir.

So, Eddie, while you're feeling good about this, I'd like to request, FOR REASONS I WON'T GO INTO, that you make any new Miyota movement version of the PRS-53 with a military specification domed and "armoured" steel tension ring secured acrylic crystal set deep into the case like your original Precista '53 had. A metal movement holder for it would be nice, too. And because you decide all such options and control every other aspect of your TF watch production from conception, design, materials used, parts sourced, construction consigned, and assembly commissioned, that's what, as I understand it, makes you a watch manufacturer. Rollon

[Now wasn't that a slick way to get in those requests? I've been watching "Hustle" reruns over here you know.]

Nice to see TF getting some serious recognition in the wider world . Is the author of the piece a forum member I wonder ?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Nice to see TF getting some serious recognition in the wider world . Is the author of the piece a forum member I wonder ?
    I'm not sure if he's a forum member because of forum usernames but he's certainly a customer.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Smile

saw the mag a couple of days ago and always look at the watch page.had to chuckle.smiths sits proudly next to the iwc and others.

Nice one. I'm amazed you didn't have to pay for it. I thought that those mentions were usually bought and paid for PR.

Congrats Eddie it is about time. Hope this increases your business.

Great stuff Eddie. Well deserved recognition.

Craftsman

Cool

Nice one Eddie!

Certainly works Eddie.Caught a report on the speedbird about 6 months ago and decided straight away that I wanted one . Fair play and well deserved.

Blog Entries
    Entirely right and proper that the Smiths is mentioned in the same breath as IWC and Breitling; I don't get Car but after seeing various threads here on the PRS-29 decided to push the button yesterday. My -29B arrived this morning and it really is a cracker. Once I finish poncing about with different straps etc. (may take a while ) I'll post some pics, but it's one of Eddie's finest IME. It just feels and looks "right", and the quality is brilliant. I can't think of another manufacturer offering so much at anything near this price point, and with a bit of luck this article will help raise awareness and generate more sales.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Entirely right and proper that the Smiths is mentioned in the same breath as IWC and Breitling; I don't get Car but after seeing various threads here on the PRS-29 decided to push the button yesterday. My -29B arrived this morning and it really is a cracker. Once I finish poncing about with different straps etc. (may take a while ) I'll post some pics, but it's one of Eddie's finest IME. It just feels and looks "right", and the quality is brilliant. I can't think of another manufacturer offering so much at anything near this price point, and with a bit of luck this article will help raise awareness and generate more sales.
    Congratulations on the 29B - there's only a handful remaining, so good timing. You're absolutely right, it's a cracker of a watch, of the highest quality. It's comparable to and easily exceeds the value for money stakes of offerings from Sinn, IWC and others.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman
    Nice report and also helped me make the decision so ordered one yesterday. Went for the 29A, should be in Portugal tomorrow, very excited to receive it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Congratulations on the 29B - there's only a handful remaining, so good timing. You're absolutely right, it's a cracker of a watch, of the highest quality. It's comparable to and easily exceeds the value for money stakes of offerings from Sinn, IWC and others.
    Thanks David - couldn't agree more in terms of VfM and quality - indeed, I found myself moved to drop Mr Platts an email to that effect! Aside from anything else you get a damn sight more in the box with a PRS-29 than with most other manufacturers: the watch came on a lovely heavyweight grey NATO along with a very pleasing package of travel case, a pair of leather straps (Chronissimo-style with a lining pad under the buckle) plus a new carbon-fibre-look Timefactors pen (my others are all wooden) and documentation. So far I've tried it on various NATOs, the leathers and a Di-Modell Rallye: I do think the grey NATO suits it very well, though, so that's what I am sticking with. For now.

I'd actually been idly considering buying one for a while (since seeing the "A vs B" thread here) and someone else mentioned that there were only 20 or so left to be had, which rather forced my hand. Mine is no. 175, so I guess we are indeed getting close to the end of the line for this production run at least.

As an aside, selfishly I hope we see more non-diver watches in this sort of style: after getting a PO I have struggled to drum up much enthusiasm for new acquisitions with clicky bezels - but watches like the PRS-29 are very much My Sort of Thing...

Journeyman
    Fantastic review!
    Well deserved and overdue.
    Not sure if it could have been better if you had written it yourself!
    But even better affirmation of the good work you're doing, it was a great little article for the not so watch savvy than managed to make some of the WIS stuff we all love seem quite normal...
    Seb

Craftsman
    I was reading Car tonight after my return from holidaying and read the article and the checked the forum before I added a duplicate thread! Congrats - I've wondered a few times after reading the column if the journalist was a member, he certainly has some had some interesting watches on display over the years.

Great to see you get more recognition for the great products and excellent value you provide Eddie. Hope you see a rise in business from it.