closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Case restoration - Seiko Panda (6138-8020)

Apprentice

Case restoration - Seiko Panda (6138-8020)

Knowing how willing the TZ-UK fraternity are in sharing their opinions, I thought I'd ask for a spot of advice.
    I bought my brother a lovely 1977 Seiko Panda, but since he's skint, and therefore not coughed up the reddies, I'm still wearing it :)
    Anyway, since he's unlikely to get this particular watch (I'm getting very attached to it), I thought I'd get the case restored, ideally, to "as new".
    Can anybody recommmend somebody (ideally within the UK) that would be able to polish the case "as new", and get rid of a few dings etc.

I know it's a vintage watch, and we should delight in the 'scars' that the watch has acquired in its faithful service over the past 30-40 years, but a case tidy up would just bring out it's stunningness (is that a real word?). In addition, I'm still stuck on bracelet vs strap ... but I'll save that for another post ;))

Thanks for any advice!

-mykk-

Craftsman
    Not sure whether he does Seikos, but Rocco at Watchworks in Bristol can do wonders. If you do a little searching on here, you'll find some threads showing his work. I've just had a 1970s Omega back from him and I'm really pleased with the results. Give him a call.

Chris

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by h780 View Post
    Not sure whether he does Seikos, but Rocco at Watchworks in Bristol can do wonders. If you do a little searching on here, you'll find some threads showing his work. I've just had a 1970s Omega back from him and I'm really pleased with the results. Give him a call.

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the uber quick response :) Rocco sounds very promising; I'm often in Bristol so it's dead easy to pop in. Face-to-face chats are so much nicer ;)

-mykk-

Craftsman
    And now I'm on a desktop computer, here's the thread. Some of the stuff in there is amazing.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ght=watchworks

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by h780 View Post
    And now I'm on a desktop computer, here's the thread. Some of the stuff in there is amazing.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ght=watchworks
    What a fantastic thread!! Thanks for the link :))

I've emailed Rocco, so hopefully, he'll be happy to wave his magic wand over my lovely old Seikos. *big fingers crossed*

Thanks for pointing me in Rocco's direction!

-mykk-

Just a heads up on the Rocco front. He is indeed fantastic at what he does, however I contacted him last month to work on a Seiko 6105-8110 (since stolen) and he said he couldn't work on it. I didn't ask him the reason but I wouldn't hesitate in using him in the future for something else.