closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some pics of the Italian

This exact model was the inspiration for the Italian.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    This exact model was the inspiration for the Italian.

Eddie
    Well Eddie, does that make it the German?
    Roughly 100 pieces made for the Kampfschwimmer with no name dials.

Best :)

That's gorgeous, Mr. Platts. ;-) 8)

Journeyman

Congratulation !

Hello,

Congatulations to Eddie,this watch will sure be a winner,please tell us how the lugs are fitted to the case.

Thanks

Best RAF

I've a query about the hands. In this picture there is the vaguest hint of a white edge to the minute hand.

I'm a bit nervous about this because once i'd noticed this on my Goldbird the magic of the watch evaporated. Seems that the Italian hands are made in a different way but I would like to be sure.

The blue itself is perfect and shouldn't be changed. If I rotate my Stowa Marine through 90 degress the hands are deep inky blue for 85 of them and a brilliant petrol blue in the other 5. I make that 2 great handsets for the price of one and that's VFM :wink:

For the all lume dial you could do a lot worse than the colour and indeed the style of these Seikos.

The white edge has to be the light (I have an upwards light source in my lightbox) because it certainly isn't present on the hands.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Eddie, in your opinion does the watch look wrong on a 22mm strap?

Craftsman

It is...

SUPERB as is! If the quality is the same as the other PRS watches then there is little else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Si
    Eddie, in your opinion does the watch look wrong on a 22mm strap?
    I haven't tried it on a 22mm strap, the pictures show it on a 24mm strap.

Eddie

Master
    the pictures show it on a 24mm strap.
    Thanks Eddie, I know, I'm debating whether to sell / exchange the 22mm I got for it. I might get away with it OK, I'm not really into wide straps unless the watch demands it.

The full-lume version also has a sandwich dial Jeroen, the black and the lume are just reversed.
    Eddie
    Sorry Eddie, due to speedtyping a bad choice of words on my account; what I meant to say was that a black sandwich, dial white lume enhances the effect of the sandwich construction (a certain depth); and I do think that will be less so with the full lume dial, therefore I strongly favour the black version....

Jeroen

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fg136
    Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    Hello, I have been wating to see the Italian before i bought any thing new, and don't want to sound negative about it but is it the way it's photographed or are the numbers on the dial [3,6,9,12.] closer to the outside of the dial than the one in the pictured above, i do hope it's like the one above as i would dearly love one,cheers fred
    Hmm i would like this question answered also. Eddie's pics look like the numerals are very close to the edge of the dial. Much more so than in the pic above.

_Amer

I withdraw my earlier critique on the Hour hand!

The wider shot of the original 1940's watch proves the "break bar" in the hour hand works well. The original specifications should rule, as with the PRS-14. Forgive me for talking crazy there :)

With the right shade the hands will look great. Too dark and it will fade into the dial. Too "kingfisher blue" and it risks being garish and ticking off half the folks on the LE list.

I seem to remember a debate last summer about whether we all wanted to pay for true "blued" hands v. going with the cheaper painted versions. Personally, I'd pay extra to go higher end on the LE. Either way, I'll take what comes.

Cheers and thank you for the photos. They are a reminder of the life the original model saw during the 1940s and a partial reminder of why I like Eddie's watches in the first place.

Patrick, NYC

• Speedmaster PRS-1 (#268)
      Precista PRS-14 (#25)
      Hopefully, Italian LE (#41)

I've just returned the two sample watches to Fricker because they said they needed the movements. Although the watches had solid backs, apparently they had the soigné movement inside; if I'd known that, I would have used a tin-opener to get in and take some pics.

Eddie

I've just returned the two sample watches to Fricker because they said they needed the movements. Although the watches had solid backs, apparently they had the soigné movement inside; if I'd known that, I would have used a tin-opener to get in and take some pics.

Eddie
    So they have received your approval and production can start?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr

Eddie
    So they have received your approval and production can start?
    Yes. :D

Eddie

Journeyman

So when must we pay?

Hi Eddie,

Nice to know production starts (finally) and the sample watch has been approved. Do we need to check with our bankers for some overdraft facilities now?

Send us the signal via the register list, would you?

Approval for my OD needs about 2 weeks you know!!

Regards

Alex

I'm pretty sure I can give everyone plenty of notice. :wink:

Eddie

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Lovely, just need a few to drop out now....
    was thinking EXACTLY the same thing gray LOL (where were you on the reserve list? ;) )

Watch looks fantastic...wonder if I'll have one on my wrist for my wedding in June....:D
    when are you throwing the dice Eddie? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Afx
    Watch looks fantastic...wonder if I'll have one on my wrist for my wedding in June....:D
    when are you throwing the dice Eddie? ;)
    Or will I have no.26 for my 50th birthday on 2603???
    All the best...
    Jim...
    PS... it's been a difficult night...
    Beloved Celtic beaten...
    ______

​Jim.

Journeyman
    Ooh ... 8)

Master
    Eddie, You've done another great job. I am waiting patiently for the notive that the LE Italiano reserved in my name has arrived for purchase...

Thanks, for the great work, and all the other things you do for all of us.

Journeyman
    have bin waiting on this one for ages, any ideas when it will be ready? :D

Quote Originally Posted by ianboydsnr
    Soon. :D

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by ianboydsnr
    Soon. :D

Eddie
    Perfect timing, this fits in with my plans nicely! I love it when a plan comes together *cigar chomp* :wink:

I'm curious when the non LE's are going to be ready.... merely for planning purposes. :D

Master
    dear eddie!

beeing glad to see the glorious appraisal you got pulling the prs-50 out the hat off, chapeau! i must commit i had the chance to wear a Radiomir, PAM 00210, the heavily overpriced "certified original" by panerai and i am hooked: i want one! so the choice will be saving my money for the non-LE italian:

Big questions:

1. When could we possibly expect deliveries?

2. Will there be a waiting-list (obviously the fellow members which suffered from the same "WIS-attack" like me queueing up in front)

3. Will the price be between the 300 and 400 gbp having mentioned in various threads during the fascinating development?

thank you very much, frank

The non-LE Italian should be available about one month after the LE but I can't guarantee it. :wink:

Eddie

Master
    Jippiiih! allright now i have very good reason to stop smoking.

.. it seems to be good for your health to pass time here.. :lol:

Apprentice
    The non-LE Italian should be available about one month after the LE but I can't guarantee it. :wink:

Eddie
    Wowawiwa!!! :)

Interested

Hi,

I am very interested on this Italian PRS20, żthere are 2 versions one LE and other non LE? Look like LE version is all sold. My question is when is available the no LE version.

Many thanks.

Hi Jovi,

Welcome to the forum 8)

As I understand it the LE Italian is due anytime so using the +100% margin approach for watchmakers timescales we may see the Non LE version before July - maybe :wink:

Master
    Any chance of starting a waiting list for the non LE ? :lol:

Having missed the LE, I wouldn't want to have wait too long for a non-LE.

Pete

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Faide
    Hello, I have been wating to see the Italian before i bought any thing new, and don't want to sound negative about it but is it the way it's photographed or are the numbers on the dial [3,6,9,12.] closer to the outside of the dial than the one in the pictured above, i do hope it's like the one above as i would dearly love one,cheers fred
    Hmm i would like this question answered also. Eddie's pics look like the numerals are very close to the edge of the dial. Much more so than in the pic above.

_Amer
    Yes I understand what you observed, but when compared to an original, the dial of Eddies does not look too far out.
    I think it may be the bezel that gives the effect of looking closer to the edge.
    Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by radyo

_Amer
    Yes I understand what you observed, but when compared to an original, the dial of Eddies does not look too far out.
    I think it may be the bezel that gives the effect of looking closer to the edge.
    Any other thoughts?

The "comparison" has to be done so that the dial is fitted to the case in order to give the right picture of how it will appear in real life. IMHO the only drawback on the Italian is the fact that for my taste the markers do seem to be too near the edge of the bezel in all photos IŽve seen of it so far. - This for me is a disappointment as I like the original look of the kampfschwimmer better (and also that of the PAM210 in this regard). It can be different on steel though but I doubt it.

Nevertheless it is what it is and it is a superior watch with or without the markers being near the edge of the bezel or not. I have played with the idea of getting a blackened silver sandwitch dial made for it... So, either way I dont care. I just want it fast! :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JCJM
    Quote Originally Posted by radyo

_Amer
    Any other thoughts?

The "comparison" has to be done so that the dial is fitted to the case in order to give the right picture of how it will appear in real life. IMHO the only drawback on the Italian is the fact that for my taste the markers do seem to be too near the edge of the bezel in all photos IŽve seen of it so far. - This for me is a disappointment as I like the original look of the kampfschwimmer better (and also that of the PAM210 in this regard). It can be different on steel though but I doubt it.

Nevertheless it is what it is and it is a superior watch with or without the markers being near the edge of the bezel or not. I have played with the idea of getting a blackened silver sandwitch dial made for it... So, either way I dont care. I just want it fast! :)
    Like you say, with the fitting into the case, gives the markers a closer to the edge look.
    But we will soon tell.

I'm sure it will be well received.

I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait for #20 to come home to New York.

Did you know that Eddie is gonna ship them in the order of the numbers? As mine is #19 I will be enjoying it waaaaaaaaay before yours even crossing the US border lines. The whole thing will be old news by then :sleepy2: :twisted:

Nah, just kidding :wink: I am very eager to see this myself too as it is my... first Precista ever... :roll:

Kudos to Eddie

Did you know that Eddie is gonna ship them in the order of the numbers? As mine is #19 I will be enjoying it waaaaaaaaay before yours even crossing the US border lines. The whole thing will be old news by then :sleepy2: :twisted:

Nah, just kidding :wink: I am very eager to see this myself too as it is my... first Precista ever... :roll:

Kudos to Eddie
    I'll be shipping them in the order they are paid for. :D

Eddie

Kudos to Eddie

Eddie
    Where can I pay :?: :D

Kudos to Eddie

Eddie
    Where can I pay :?: :D
    Beat me to it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Eddie, is the LE coming with multiple straps? If so, do we get a choice which strap comes on it - I'm not the best when it comes to careful strap changes

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones
    Eddie, is the LE coming with multiple straps? If so, do we get a choice which strap comes on it - I'm not the best when it comes to careful strap changes
    I feel your pain but that means 100 strap change, make it 5 minutes each and we are still talking about a full work day mate without lunchbreaks.

IŽll be happy with what it come on with.

Just my two cents :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones
    I feel your pain but that means 100 strap change, make it 5 minutes each and we are still talking about a full work day mate without lunchbreaks.

IŽll be happy with what it come on with.

Just my two cents :)
    Indeed. But they have to be put on at some point :D

If it can be done in such a way that there's an option, I'd appreciate it. I doubt I'll decide not to buy one if the option isn't there.

They will all be supplied fitted with the ostrich strap. I don't change straps on new watches, tooooooooooo risky!

Eddie

Master
    Blog Entries
    They will all be supplied fitted with the ostrich strap. I don't change straps on new watches, tooooooooooo risky!

Eddie
    Fortunately, that was the one I wanted it to be supplied on :D