closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fight spam (by avoiding it)

Journeyman

Fight spam (by avoiding it)

This is a neat service (free, too) to help reduce spam in your inbox. I've used it for a couple of months now and it feels good: I hate giving out my real email address to parties I don't really know.

With Mailnull you create one or as many as you want email addresses along the lines of myname.whatever@mailnull.com and give that out as your email address to parties that are not so well-known to you (shops when mail ordering or whatever). You can have any word in the 'whatever'
    slot, so you can fill it with something that will tell you who it was who by mistake or on purpose allowed your address to get in to the hands of spammers.

Mail that comes in to any of your mailnull addresses is forwarded to your real (and rather more precious) address. There is a slight delay of perhaps 15 minutes.

For one-off things like mail ordering, or logging on to some site that requires your email address before it will let you in this is ideal.
    The address is free and you can have as many as you want so if forwarded mail starts containing spam, you just go into Mailnull, delete that address, and make another to use on future occasions.

I think it's public-spirited to take active steps to spoil things for spammers so I've decided to tell youse lot about it and to add a link to this organisation to my signature.

Hope you'll approve.

David

One of Email

For those sites where you want total anonyminity try http://www.malinator.com.

Totally disposable email address for those boy's room sites that require an email address to register.

Journeyman

Re: One of Email

Quote Originally Posted by ijhill
    For those sites where you want total anonyminity try http://www.malinator.com.

Totally disposable email address for those boy's room sites that require an email address to register.

In total agreement. Mailinator is great for total one-offs.

Mailnull is for those cautious starts. I also forgot to mention that you can use the site to send emails emanating from your mailnull address. Major extra flexibility.