closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite Time Factors watch and why?

My current favourite TF watch is the PRS 20-C.
    It's my favourite because it's my newest. I like new things. ;) My order was confirmed, so technically I own it.
    It also, like the Speedbird 1903, might scratch a very expensive itch that I've got. If I can scratch it for less than 1/10th the cost, all the better.

Craftsman
    My current favourite is the PRS18Q -not too big, not too small and on my wrist -about the best looking watch in the world.

Love the non date dial too.

Grand Master
    Everest on a Grey NATO
    RIAC

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Cowboy View Post
    My current favourite is the PRS18Q -not too big, not too small and on my wrist -about the best looking watch in the world.

Love the non date dial too.
    +1 though I have the automatic, and it is my only working watch. Since my lovely Edox Delfin watch got screwed after the first battery change - the 'watch maker' soldered on a new connector-pipe to replace the crown with one that lacked a seal (as he did not have the parts, but that was something I was not deemed to be informed of). As a result my daily companion for 10 odd years steamed up whenever the harr came in or the daily shower came down. This was so depressing that I never ever wanted to have to get a battery changed. Since, I have had automatics that run fine when they run on time - - ha ha -- but also servicing these might not be that helpful I found out. Hopefully the Miyota stands up to the test of time. Until now it has been quite good.

Craftsman

Favorite TF Watches

Have to say I think it is these two, the PRS-3 is stunning value for money.
    This is No 40

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Everest on a Grey NATO
    +1

Apprentice
    I think the yellow PRS3 makes a great summer watch. Really enjoying it on a Sinn rubber strap.

However, my real favourite has to be the Speedbird. It's wonderfully simple & clean without being dull or looking like something's missing.

The only problem is deciding which one to wear :)

Craftsman
    I sadly don't own a single Time Factor watch yet, but the PRS-20C is absolutely on the top of the list (together with my fantasies about the Smiths Chronograph or whatever it might be called if it happens). The upcoming PRS-30 also looks pretty amazing.

Speedbird III for me as (for the moment) it's my only watch but it makes me smile every day and I can't resist taking it's picture...

Craftsman
    Only got the one but it's a cracker

I like this one a lot. It's nice to have a watch with the Broadarrow name on it - the brand that Omega purjured themselves for to put out of business :

Jim

I don't own one yet, but I'm awaiting the price of the Dreadnought GMT with great interest (I'm even putting money away!)

Of the others posted, the 17C is the one that appeals most, but I sometimes find watches look much better first hand than in photos.

Hopefully I can join the club soon, but time will tell!

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Because having seen in it on a computer screen many times over the past 5 years the real thing exceeded my expectations in every way.

I wish I hadn't sold my Speedbird III but I did.

Currently my only watch from Eddie is a 29A which I wear a lot, I love the 5....particularly this Broadarrow on SC at the moment.

my Czech mate

It would have to be this as no1, it has my vote because of the old Wermacht internals and has a certain elegance that is not lost with its size, the face is easy on my eye too

Precista Czech PRS-9 by toezapper, on Flickr

Followed by no 2 the PRS-50B again I like it's unfussy looks and calrity of design

CIMG8874 by toezapper, on Flickr

After that I now hanker for the new bronze and the Dread... it is never ending

^
    I have to agree with you with regards to the PRS-9. Pictures really don't do it the justice it deserves.

Craftsman
    PRS-3LE Orange makes a fantastic summer weekend watch

But as an Omega fanatic who's not likely to get hold of a SM300 any time soon, the PRS-14 is still a bit of a grail...

Chris

Master
    At the moment it is the Speedbird III, but with the PRS-30 on order that may well change.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'm considering a PRS-53 with the Miyota 9015.

Eddie
    Oh good. I really regret flipping my 53, even if it was to part-fund my 22.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I don't own one yet, but I'm awaiting the price of the Dreadnought GMT with great interest (I'm even putting money away!)

Of the others posted, the 17C is the one that appeals most, but I sometimes find watches look much better first hand than in photos.

Hopefully I can join the club soon, but time will tell!

M.
    I got my 1st one this week a 17c off the SC as that was the one that had been calling me for a good bit as the rest of my watches are divers no high end stuff in my box (them days have gone for a bit) but all well made steinhart helson owc and Seikos. I got the 17c as it looked a great watch with a good movement the same movement that was in a bell&ross that I had for a good few years and im blown away with it, it's not as big as the rest of my watches but it's just as well made and the size is great as well as the missis has pointed out(she likes men's watches) so I can see me getting a few more in time. I have all ready got a wish list of the ones that I won't iv just got to keep a eye on the SC. So for me it's the prs 17c.
    Sownman you will love it in your hand I cannot stop looking at mine im even going to wear it out for dinner today.
    Keep up the good work PRS Eddie

The 17C is very solidly starting to claim a place in my watch box, or rather on my wrist. I don't currently own any TF watches, but I have a strong feeling that a 17C will be the first, as soon as I can locate one.

Why? I only have one chrono suitable for "GMT" at the moment, and it would not be very suitable for travelling duties as it would be a mug magnet, and it might be something to flip in the future rather than a keeper. So, more affordable but still quality and useable -> 17C with the hour bezel. Also, the 20mm lug spacing is probably the most useful for myself.

There is one more thing that makes it special for me: my family colours / coat of arms have yellow and black. I proudly wear them whenever not flying the national colours.

Speedbird iii, without any doubt. Its simplicity is amazing. I just adore minimalism.

Prs 68.... big seiko fan and it is for now my lonely timefactor watch but i can imagine a prs18 in the future...

Have to say my Broadarrow PRS3,... just has that lovely finish, dial, and nice weight to it, closely followed by the PRS68... size and flatness, and it's stunning looks.

In fact they are all superb PRS25, 5, & 10.!!

Rod

Tough question - not sure which of my Time Factors is my favourite.
    Currently have:
    PRS 5
    PRS 17Q
    PRS 18Q
    PRS 68

Current fave is the '68 - not left my wrist since it arrived the start of August.

Master
    New speedbird 3. Hardly taken it off since it arrived on friday.
    Beautiful and gets many positive comments.

From my collection, my current thinking is:

Precista PRS-17C : As a daily timekeeping instrument. Eddie, you really should find another use for this unique movement.

Smiths PRS-29A : My hand wound personal companion.

Precista 300 (PRS-14) : A complete joy to wear. Eddie, considering what you have just achieved with the PRS-68, surely this design is worth revisiting.

Forpetesake.

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Precista 300 (PRS-14) : A complete joy to wear. Eddie, considering what you have just achieved with the PRS-68, surely this design is worth revisiting.

Forpetesake.
    +1

I missed the PRS-14 :-( so, revisiting it including a SS bracelet would be awesome IMO and speaking of "joy to wear" the Smiths PRS-68 never left my wrist since the day I got it (a month ago) to stay on topic.. it's my favorite Timefactors watch!

It must be the new to me SB-III found for a song...

my first of the breed. Original seller will rue the day they parted ;-)

Compliments to the chef

Master
    Great picture
    Last edited by Rollon; 18th September 2013 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Great picture
    thanks kindly, if that was directed my way

Just ordered a PRS-3. Woo hoo!!

Jim

Craftsman
    17q for me. Compact, accurate, robust, and clear. Mine is 7 years old this Sept and still looks fantastic .It now has just a hint of cream to the lume so just keeps getting better. Also the best screw down crown i have come across yet.

Journeyman
    PRS-14 for me... Of course, it is my only Time Factors watch (for now). Even if it were not, it would be in the top two or three for me (it's the one I sought out used, after all!). I've struggled a bit to find a strap that I like (I've tried leather and NATO straps and a repro Omega 1161 bracelet, which was "OK" but not great). Current favourite is this Marathon 20mm strap. Have a 20mm (older style) MKII rubber strap inbound that I'm going to try.

Everest, because it's the only one I actually own. Based on what I've seen I believe it would be my favourite regardless, although the new bronze does look rather good. I would also consider a straight swap for a Dreadnought...

PRS3 and 4

Because they're mine
    Last edited by Dr_Niss; 20th September 2013 at 10:02.

Journeyman
    BTW - Rod's Broadarrow PRS-3 (five or six posts up) is GORGEOUS. For some unfathomable reason, I'm not keen on the date at 6 (or 3:45/4 for that matter) so prefer this version of the PRS-3 to the current version.
    Last edited by Darwin; 19th September 2013 at 22:22. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by hako View Post
    The 17C is very solidly starting to claim a place in my watch box, or rather on my wrist. I don't currently own any TF watches, but I have a strong feeling that a 17C will be the first, as soon as I can locate one.

Why? I only have one chrono suitable for "GMT" at the moment, and it would not be very suitable for travelling duties as it would be a mug magnet, and it might be something to flip in the future rather than a keeper. So, more affordable but still quality and useable -> 17C with the hour bezel. Also, the 20mm lug spacing is probably the most useful for myself.

There is one more thing that makes it special for me: my family colours / coat of arms have yellow and black. I proudly wear them whenever not flying the national colours.
    Thank you Eddie & friendly forum member. Wearing this right now.

krono.jpg

Master
    Yet another vote for the Everest. I have always lusted after the 39mm Explorer 1 and the Everest seems to tick the boxes as a very acceptable substitute. What we now need is a 36mm Everest to complement it.

Rob

Blog Entries
    I've currently got a PRS-10, -29B and -30 and they're all great, in their way. The -10 is a usefully upgraded take on a design classic and it's my grab-and-go watch for days spent gardening or buried under the bonnet of my increasingly recalcitrant car. The -30 is a thing of rare beauty, just the right size, nicely low-profile and the way the bronze picks up patina is beautiful. It's probably the most impressive package, too, with two straps, a bronze buckle and a proper booklet, all in a Peli case.

Having said all of which, my absolute favourite is the Smiths Military. It's a great size, the movement is fearsomely accurate, the double-dome sapphire is terrific and it looks good on a wide variety of straps. It's also a pleasure to wind of a morning. Total winner, in my book.

I've only got one so far, - a PRS-22 Speedbird III that arrived last week. It's brilliant, - this is my first but certainly more to follow.
    I just need to decide which I want next?

These two, for different reasons :

Jim

^^^ What a nice pair :)

Banned
    I saw a Speedbird III GMT today

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim16v View Post
    I saw a Speedbird III GMT today
    What?....... one of these?

speedbird gmt by toezapper, on Flickr

They are rather nice, no?

Apprentice

Smiths Military Has Got My Vote

I have a fairly small wrist, so the Smiths Military is quite nice for that. It somehow manages to be lithe, but industrial and bold, all at once. I like its clean lines and think it pairs nicely with many different bands.

Master
    This one has just edged out my Speedbird III for wrist time, at the moment.

Master
    ^ From your picture, I think the colour and grain of that brown leather watchband seems to go very well with your PRS-30's nicely patinating case and crown. Looks great.

I've never owned a bronze watch of any kind, but am pretty familiar with patinating brass and such. As some owners of these 30s are using a variety of methods to accelerate the patination process while others are letting it happen naturally, may I ask if yours was all natural from just wearing it or from putting raw eggs or whatever all over it, etc.,? Thanks
    Last edited by Rollon; 9th November 2013 at 00:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    ^ From your picture, I think the colour and grain of that brown leather watchband seems to go very well with your PRS-30's nicely patinating case and crown. Looks great.

I've never owned a bronze watch of any kind, but am pretty familiar with patinating brass and such. As some owners of these 30s are using a variety of methods to accelerate the patination process while others are letting it happen naturally, may I ask if yours was all natural from just wearing it or from putting raw eggs or whatever all over it, etc.,? Thanks
    The watch case is naturally aged, I did take the watch on holiday to Turkey so it had a daily dip in the sea which may have helped (wore it on 3 ring Zulu with brass hard wear). I found that the TF bronze buckle was a different colour to the case but managed to get a good match by soaking it in malt vinegar for a couple of days, wouldn't risk that with the watch though.

Not as good a pic as the one posted by Chris.....

.......It is my only TF so that's why it is my favourite

Anyone dipped theirs in Coca Cola yet?