closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Any interest in one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Is this a prototype? I don't like it at all.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....2&postcount=39
    Don't you start

BTW, apparently there will be two versions, with two different cases made on two different factories for that one. The new one will be able to get the SEL bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I had to reset mine yesterday. Bloody thing had lost 11 seconds in 10 days.
    I've realised this was a bit pessimistic. Since I started leaving it 'crown up' at night it has lost one second every two days. What on earth do they do to these movements?

Journeyman
    Homage to 6105 certainly, but truly and original. On my wish list.

Thanks for sharing this. I like seeing photos of the watches in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinD View Post

All I can say is wow.

I owned a franken 6105 before but flipped it. This is a keeper. The quality and finish are superb.
    Even the packaging is impressive.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Is this a prototype? I don't like it at all.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....2&postcount=39
    No, not a prototype - there are a range of dial options (only three so far have been revealed), four choices of bezel insert, at least three crown choices, as noted above, now two case choices, now two movement choices, and there will be a number of handsets to choose from. There could well be choice in the dial colour as well, but this remains to be seen. As it stands, despite my initial apprehension about the date window being at 4 o'clock (this is because the NE15/6R15 movement has the crown at 3:45 not 4 and rotating it to four would have resulted in the date not lining up properly in the date window at 3) and not feeling the love for this Tuna-esque dial when it was first posted on its own, I am really drawn to this (have an all original 6105):

1002541_430570920389139_461072294_n.jpg

Journeyman
    ^ that dial looks cartoonish compared to a real tuna dial. No disrespect, but I hope that dial is only a prototype and not a final version.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by srivats View Post
    ^ that dial looks cartoonish compared to a real tuna dial. No disrespect, but I hope that dial is only a prototype and not a final version.
    No, it is not a prototype BUT it is only one of a range of configurations that will be available. No disrespect assumed - we are all free to our opinions and there is plenty of room for both the PRS-68 and the various Typhoon configurations that will emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    No, not a prototype - there are a range of dial options (only three so far have been revealed), four choices of bezel insert, at least three crown choices, as noted above, now two case choices, now two movement choices, and there will be a number of handsets to choose from. There could well be choice in the dial colour as well, but this remains to be seen. As it stands, despite my initial apprehension about the date window being at 4 o'clock (this is because the NE15/6R15 movement has the crown at 3:45 not 4 and rotating it to four would have resulted in the date not lining up properly in the date window at 3) and not feeling the love for this Tuna-esque dial when it was first posted on its own, I am really drawn to this (have an all original 6105):

1002541_430570920389139_461072294_n.jpg

So, I can have the same watch as you, but with a different case, movement, dial, hands, crown and bezel?

In what way will it be the same watch?

Given the Seiko-enthsiast (amongst whom I number myself) penchant for naming models, perhaps this homage should be named "Trigger's Diver"

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dickbrowne View Post
    So, I can have the same watch as you, but with a different case, movement, dial, hands, crown and bezel?

In what way will it be the same watch?

Given the Seiko-enthsiast (amongst whom I number myself) penchant for naming models, perhaps this homage should be named "Trigger's Diver"
    I'm really not following your train of thought here. Does it need to be the same watch? I can go into an AD and select a Rolex Datejust configured six ways from Sunday. When I leave the store, I'll have a watch on my wrist that may very well not look like the one that you'd choose, but each would still be a Datejust. To each his own. My take on this is that if I didn't already have an original 6105, I'd go for the PRS-68. It is by all appearances a masterpiece, a truly gorgeous homage. As I do have an original 6105, I'm attracted by the choices that I'll have in configuring the Typhoon as I want it. I may yet buy a PRS-68 as well. Stunning watch.

PS The Typhoon will come in both a customizable version, as I've outlined above, or a "Classic" version, which will be Dagaz Watches homage to the original 6105. You choose which version you want when you place your order. If you choose the Classic, that's it, if you choose the Custom, you are directed to a website from which you select the components that you want, email Jake, and he builds your watch.
    Last edited by Darwin; 23rd August 2013 at 15:23. Reason: Added post script; punctuation!

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    I'm really not following your train of thought here. Does it need to be the same watch? I can go into an AD and select a Rolex Datejust configured six ways from Sunday. When I leave the store, I'll have a watch on my wrist that may very well not look like the one that you'd choose, but each would still be a Datejust. To each his own. My take on this is that if I didn't already have an original 6105, I'd go for the PRS-68. It is by all appearances a masterpiece, a truly gorgeous homage. As I do have an original 6105, I'm attracted by the choices that I'll have in configuring the Typhoon as I want it. I may yet buy a PRS-68 as well. Stunning watch.

PS The Typhoon will come in both a customizable version, as I've outlined above, or a "Classic" version, which will be Dagaz Watches homage to the original 6105. You choose which version you want when you place your order. If you choose the Classic, that's it, if you choose the Custom, you are directed to a website from which you select the components that you want, email Jake, and he builds your watch.
    I didn't realise there was a classic/customised option - that makes more sense, hence my question, it seemed like a bunch of parts you could buy and somebody would put them together for you. I still question if it's the same watch though. If I go to the dealers and buy a datejust and you buy a datejust, it may have details differences but the movement and case will be the same (albeit with the option of a different metal), but it will be recognisable as a DJ.

With the exception of the classic version, everything, literally everything on this watch is changeable - we both have the same watch but every single component is different. It's not the same watch, it's marketing.

I respect Jake for what he does, and for what it's worth I'm a big Seiko fanboy myself - seasoned member of the SCWF and owner of watches by both Jake and Noah, so believe me when I say that this isn't sour grapes, but I still question in which way these watches are the same watch.

Journeyman
    Hehe, fair enough! I see your point - I hadn't thought of it from the perspective of the movements/cases and the two different lines resulting from that split (that's still "new" to me and I wasn't factoring it in in my response above). I suspect that the Typhoon name will be reserved for the 6R15/bracelet version (Jake's original vision for the watch) and something else for the 7S** movement version without bracelet. Much the same as Jake did with the Tsunami and the Bund lines (which shared a common case but had the same movement options). Jake stated in a FB message earlier today that the Bund arose because he couldn't get movements for a period a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutusov View Post
    We could actually read Eddie's spec list, couldn't we? I've only noticed now that it's stated right there that it is a bi-directional, ball-bearing bezel...

BTW, what's a bayonet locking crown? Push in and twist to lock?
    I did actually read the spec list and asked the question in-case it was a printing error,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.