closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just arrived from Japan.

Journeyman

Just arrived from Japan.

Here's my latest purchase.

Very kindly sourced for me by a friend that is out in Japan at the moment, a Seiko SARB033. Very smart, but understated looks. It wears a lot smaller than I thought it would and it's not got the heft that I was expecting. I'm also not loving it as much as I thought I would, but it is growing on me. Certainly a lot of bang for your buck.

Anyone got any strap advice for me for when I don't want to use the bracelet?

Master
    Very nice

I used to swap between bracelet & brown crocodile on the Spirit ....

Journeyman
    Thnaks! That strap injects a different kind of class an appeal to the watch in my opinion. It'll go on my list o straps to buy, what's another one to the 25+ I already own!

Master
    ^^ To my eyes, anyway, Dapper's black dial Seiko Spirit looks very very good on that, from the pictures, seemingly reddish hued dark brown crocodile --- a near perfect combination of watch and strap maybe

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    ^^ To my eyes, anyway, Dapper's black dial Seiko Spirit looks very very good on that, from the pictures, seemingly reddish hued dark brown crocodile --- a near perfect combination of watch and strap maybe
    I'm inclined to agree. Where did you source that strap from Dapper?

Quote Originally Posted by johneboy View Post

Very kindly sourced for me by a friend that is out in Japan at the moment, a Seiko SARB033. Very smart, but understated looks. It wears a lot smaller than I thought it would and it's not got the heft that I was expecting. I'm also not loving it as much as I thought I would, but it is growing on me. Certainly a lot of bang for your buck.

I had one. Very nice watch for the money and I loved the lacquered "Black dial" which in reality has a subtle sunburst pattern and turns dark brown against the sun.

The bracelet is a bit cheap, however (At least compared to the blue dialed SARB045 that I also had alongside of it at the time) and with no half links available and only 2 micro adjustsments on the clasp, I could never quite get it to fit right on the wrist.

All things considered, the SARB045 was the nicest watch, much nicer case work and decidedly better more comfortable better made bracelet.

Master
    I'm inclined to agree. Where did you source that strap from Dapper?
    It's a Hadley Roma Genuine Crocodile. Got mine a few years back from Globalwatchband.....though, just checked, & he doesn't appear to have this one listed right now. Maybe elsewhere.
    Banda do a good quality similar strap

Master
    Maybe here (H-D "Men's Exotic Leathers" Catalogue PDF):

http://www.hadleyroma.com/MSGENUINE.pdf

or here maybe (H-D "Collection Series" Catalogue PDF):

http://www.hadleyroma.com/MSCOLLECTION.pdf

Dapper, can you please say which ref.# H-D crocodile yours is if it still shows on the underside of the strap, and also the colour as H-D might term it, if possible, and also whether it's the "Matte" finish or not, if possible?

Thanks
    Last edited by Rollon; 27th August 2013 at 23:58.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Maybe here (H-D "Men's Exotic Leathers" Catalogue PDF):

http://www.hadleyroma.com/MSGENUINE.pdf

Dapper, can you please say which ref.# H-D crocodile yours is if it still shows on the underside of the strap, and also the colour as H-D might term it, if possible, and also whether it's the "Matte" finish or not, if possible?

Thanks
    From memory it was the M5822 Brown Matte (can't check the ref on the strap as I flipped both watch & strap).
    They call it 'matte' but it had a nice dull sheen &, as you noted, a reddish brown.
    Cheers.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanWatchConnection View Post
    I had one. Very nice watch for the money and I loved the lacquered "Black dial" which in reality has a subtle sunburst pattern and turns dark brown against the sun.

The bracelet is a bit cheap, however (At least compared to the blue dialed SARB045 that I also had alongside of it at the time) and with no half links available and only 2 micro adjustsments on the clasp, I could never quite get it to fit right on the wrist.

All things considered, the SARB045 was the nicest watch, much nicer case work and decidedly better more comfortable better made bracelet.
    I couldn't agree more about the bracelet. It is not as well made as I was expecting, but it is comfortable. No half links though is just criminal really at this price point.

Looking at the SARB045, I still prefer the understated looks of my 33 for exactly the same reasons as I did not decide to go for a SARB021. A decent brown leather strap will defintely give it an even classier feel I think.

Journeyman
    Nice one!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    From memory it was the M5822 Brown Matte (can't check the ref on the strap as I flipped both watch & strap).
    They call it 'matte' but it had a nice dull sheen &, as you noted, a reddish brown.
    Cheers.

Thanks on that, Dapper. Somebody else also very knowledgeable of watches once recommended to me the H-R # MS822 Genuine Crocodile having the cut edge/medium pad/stitched down construction and said it was the best buy and VFM in good quality exotic leather straps he knew of so I was actually hoping that's the one yours was when I asked. I'm glad it was the Matte version too, as the seemingly highly lacquered shiny finish of many reptilian leathers I've seen puts me off a bit.

Thank you again
    Last edited by Rollon; 2nd September 2013 at 01:08.

Craftsman
    That brown croc. strap looks fantastic.

As an alternative to crocodile you could try a Rios Chicago black shell cordovan strap - they are very nicely finished.

Pure understated class. I think that would suit many different types of strap, giving you many different types of 'look' for the one watch. Great choice. I'd try it on a Di Modell Jumbo , or something from the Toshster.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    Very nice

I used to swap between bracelet & brown crocodile on the Spirit ....

I wouldn't have thought that a brown strap would have gone well with the black face but it does. Lovely dress watch.

Just thought I would post a couple of pictures of my Seiko purchased recently. Really nice watch and very accurate I have found in the month or so I have now owned it. Nice simple enough watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    As an alternative to crocodile you could try a Rios Chicago black shell cordovan strap - they are very nicely finished.
    The HR straps are a touch on the pricey side for me, but the RIOS Chicago is a good shout. I'm leaning towards the Mocha colour rather than black.

The HR straps are a touch on the pricey side for me, but the RIOS Chicago is a good shout. I'm leaning towards the Mocha colour rather than black.
    Hi Johneboy - I have this strap in black and 'dark brown'. The dark brown is not as dark as I had anticipated from the photos on Watchbandcenter.

Very nice congrats!
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Seikos are definitely growing on me. Very nice looking watch.
    Last edited by timlin; 5th September 2013 at 01:12. Reason: Predictive text

I seldom wear mine (SCVS003) as well...but for sure I like it more after the hand change

On the contrary, I'm no leather man

Congrats! Wear it in good health! A great watch with a great movement for the price range.

These are growing on me more and more!

I had one also, and similarly found it a little small. The bracelet is the weak link - pun intended - but the head works well with many different straps.

Above, Hirsch carbon.

On Eddie's rally...

And on generic leather...

David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Pure understated class. I think that would suit many different types of strap, giving you many different types of 'look' for the one watch. Great choice. I'd try it on a Di Modell Jumbo , or something from the Toshster.
    What the hippie said ^^

On the contrary, I'm no leather man

[/QUOTE]

Hubba Hubba

Journeyman
    Nice watch! Can you get those in Europe or Japan only?

Master
    SARBs are typically a JDM range, but iirc I've seen some on German websites, which would possibly indicate that Seiko Deustchland have officially imported them.

Upon further reflection, I'm wondering if I'm thinking of the SARC range.
    Nevertheless, some here to entertain buying.....http://www.ebay.de/sch/Armbanduhren-...nkw=seiko+sarb
    Same only slightly cheaper for some......http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_ex_n_1...qid=1378857757

There's a SARB035 in SC, so get yourself above the magic 50 posts, and you'll be able to view it.
    Last edited by PJ S; 11th September 2013 at 01:33.

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Nice watch, have the white dial one. I agree with the others who say the bracelet is simply not at the same level of the watch itself. I suggest lizard (or croc), in black.

Craftsman
    Indeed very nice, what's the size of these?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Hoving View Post
    Indeed very nice, what's the size of these?
    It's a 38mm case excluding the crown.

New strap arrived today, so I'll post a pic later. Definitely better now it's off the poor bracelet.