closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone got an Air-King on leather?

Craftsman

Anyone got an Air-King on leather?

I have a Rolex Air-King and was thinking about putting it on a leather strap, but want to see one before I do so.
    Mine is the blue face (2005) model.

I was thinking about a blue leather like the following one.

Does anyone have one on leather that they don't mind showing?
    I don't mind if its blue or not.

The main reason being is that the original steel tapers quite a bit and I like my straps a little more chunky.
    Even a date-just on leather will give me an idea too, so please feel free to show me yours.

This is the closest I can find...

This was mine on a Hirsch Regent.

Different dial, but this is a 1955 AirKing on a non-descript bit of cow. I regularly swap both this and my 1961 Oysterdate between bracelet and leather.

Journeyman
    Not an Air King but same shape.

This is on a DB10 strap very are wonderfully comfy

Craftsman
    Thanks so far guys, loving the look more than I thought I would.

I think they look very classy on a strap and was actually pondering wether to buy the 14k gold datejust on sales corner and get a nice black strap for it....cheap, elegant, classy watch for not much pennies!

Craftsman
    An Airking looks great on a strap, but not too sure about that blue dual/blue strap combo though, that makes it a bit more sportier than the Airking actually is IMO. That blue dial just looks better on that Oyster.

Now if it was a silver or black stick dial, it's a completely different matter.

I was going to disagree as I've just bought that very strap and it's really nice.

However the blue and white combo night well.be a bit sporty for the Air King on reflection.

Maybe better with an all blue strap.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Grand Master
    I tried the very same watch on a leather strap and it just didn`t work at all. The case is a bit thick compared to it's diameter and this was accentuated on a strap.

Also, the rough finish between the lugs was visible and it didn`t look right at all. For me, Rolexes don`t work on straps for this reason. Strongly recommend leaving it on the bracelet, it looks far better.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I tried the very same watch on a leather strap and it just didn`t work at all. The case is a bit thick compared to it's diameter and this was accentuated on a strap.

Also, the rough finish between the lugs was visible and it didn`t look right at all. For me, Rolexes don`t work on straps for this reason. Strongly recommend leaving it on the bracelet, it looks far better.

Paul
    Never thought of that.
    I do have a spare strap which is black so may give it a go before I order one.
    I am wearing it now with the bracelet and to be honest I don't mind it at all, but would have just liked something a little chunkier.

Grand Master
    Strongly recommend trying it on a cheap strap first before spending on a dearer one. I tried mine on a blue/white stitching Hirsch Monza from another watch......and I swapped it straight back to the bracelet.

Paul

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here's my older model

From what I've seen Air Kings can look great on a strap, as long as the strap is reasonably subtle, and not over-powering.

Blue on blue is just too much, though...

Jim