closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first Orient.

My first Orient.

After being delighted with the service from Creation watches on purchasing a Seiko SKX007, my good lady decided she'd like something new too. I was quite pleased as this will stop her borrowing most of mine. She wanted something with a clear dial and a gold case to match her jewellery and went for this one. I must admit for £59 inc delivery, I'm quite impressed...even the leather strap is of a decent quality, and it only took 5 days to arrive, which considering it came from Singapore isn't bad at all.

very nice - congrats

I recently got a Orient Bambino and I'm very happy with it at the price point

That is very like my Tag Carrera WV211 which I absolutely adore, well chosen that lady!

Craftsman
    That is a nice watch for a lady - congratulations.

Hope she wears it with pride and enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by eduk View Post
    That is very like my Tag Carrera WV211 which I absolutely adore, well chosen that lady!
    Appreciate that. It's quite large for a dress style watch, but it's exactly what she wanted. In fact I may end up wearing it now and again too.

Side by side with my new Seiko:

Journeyman
    Very nice! My friend bought one very very similar to that a few weeks back and bought it over to show me. I was very impressed and for the cash it looked like a very nice quality watch!

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitstew View Post
    Very nice! My friend bought one very very similar to that a few weeks back and bought it over to show me. I was very impressed and for the cash it looked like a very nice quality watch!
    I agree. For the money I'd be hard pushed to think of many others that I've bought that has been so nicely finished especially as it's a proper mechanical not a quartz movement. I'm tempted to look at a couple of others too for myself, and do like the Bambino as mentioned earlier by adzman808

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    Appreciate that. It's quite large for a dress style watch, but it's exactly what she wanted. In fact I may end up wearing it now and again too.

Side by side with my new Seiko:

Indeed for me the size of the Tag was one of the reasons I went for it. I have pretty small wrists and often struggle with watches looking a bit silly on me. At 39mm my Carrera I find the Carrera is large enough to have a presence but not too chunky for a dressier style watch. For me, the perfect size!

Master

Another satisfied Orient owner

Great choice in Orient. I've an Orient too: superb quality for the price. And terrific value for an automatic; hard to beat!

I really like my Orient.
    I have a Pepsi dialled diver.
    Lovely bracelet.
    One of my keepers for sure.
    Can't get photo bucket to upload a picture

Funnily enough my first Orient arrived from Creation last Friday morning. Exactly as the OP, this was also a present for my better half. Where we differ, the object of Mrs JJs desire was a Mako XL. The white faced with green bezel.
    I thought it was worth a punt at £99, even if at 44.5mm it would be waaaaaay too big for either of us. I also though that given that her only previous experience of watches was a ladies quartz. Having a reasonably weighty diver hanging off her wrist, would prove to be a pain after a short while.
    Obviously I was mistaken, she loves it. Hasn't taken it off since. Worse thing is, it looks bloody brilliant on her and is currently running at an rather amazing +3 secs a day.
    I'm a bit gutted.
    I'll have to buy another for myself.

She has also said that perhaps I should bang up a pic on here of her wearing it. Think she's just taking the piss now.

I have two Orients, the first one was given to me as a present, the other one I purchased myself.

My first and only Orient came free with my Orient star. I was amazed that an auto looking so good was a free gift.

Blog Entries
    What a lovely Orient. Congratulations on the purchase.

Nice one, wear it in good health! Orient has some really nice dress watches in this price range.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovial Joe View Post
    Worse thing is, it looks bloody brilliant on her
    I think large divers can look great on women.

She has also said that perhaps I should bang up a pic on here of her wearing it. Think she's just taking the piss now.
    Awww, go on. ;-)

I might see if my good lady is up for a quick & dirty pic when she gets back to the office later

Master
    Orient do make great watches, I find it hard to believe they can make any money at the price they sell at!

Recently moved on an orange Mako XL, have a hankering for that very green bezelled job mentioned above...

I might see if my good lady is up for a quick & dirty pic when she gets back to the office later
    I shouldn't have sped read that sentence ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    I shouldn't have sped read that sentence ;-)
    ...yes, I don't think I phrased that very well

The strap's a little too long for her, but she loves it which is what matters.

Very good watches indeed. FWIW, Orient is owned as a fully independent subsidiary of Seiko Watch Corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I think large divers can look great on women.
    It appears that she does as well ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Awww, go on. ;-)
    She's back Friday, see if we get round to it.

Blog Entries
    It appears that she does as well ha ha.
    <grin>

She's back Friday, see if we get round to it.
    I do hope so. :-)

Blog Entries
    ...yes, I don't think I phrased that very well

The strap's a little too long for her, but she loves it which is what matters.
    Oh that does look very good indeed on your good lady's wrist. Her slim wrist makes the watch look much larger than it is and yet it still suits her.