timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ever-changing looks of my Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich

Master
    Blog Entries
    Classic watch. I like your selection of straps

Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    I'm sure most would agree, the Omega Speedmaster Pro is somewhat a classic, but what is the classic look for your Speedy? That's certainly up for debate, if not between members, it is in my mind. It rarely stays the same.

I guess it will always be loved as intended, on the bracelet:

But it doesn't stop me from changing the strap on an almost daily basis.

The Nato is actually my least favourite, but it works on a utilitarian level:

I guess a black, rather than Bond Nato is the way to do it properly.

However, if you want Nylon, my purchase of a GasGasBones SPV2 is the ultimate toolish, casual look:

Following on from the above, I couldn't help but order an SPV1 in Desert Tan from Carl:

Both, so comfortable for everyday wear.

Leather can't be discounted though, and there are little better value options than the Di Modell Rallye:

The Rallye works so well on a Speedy, and knowing brown works too, here's my chocolate brown Di Modell Rallye with contrasting white stitching:

Then there is the dressy side of things. Is the Speedy a tool watch, or can the expensive options of OEM Alligator and Deployant smarten it up significantly? I think so...

This being the OEM black Omega 98000215 Black Alligator, complete with 94521813 Deployant:

With the above combination, I essentially change my Speedmaster 3573.50.00 in to what Omega sell and market as the 3873.50.31

And, one of my true favourites, the OEM Omega 98000153 Brown Alligator, again with 94521813 Deployant:

EDIT: The final update? I don't see how I could need anymore straps now, but my Speedy currently lives on the latest addition...

Making the Black Di Modell Rallye redundant, the OEM Omega 98000024 Rally Strap (Black Padded Calf w/ Holes as Omega call it) with 94521813 Deployant, complete with curved ends:

That's my lot, no more options required. I can live with the Nato, but the other options, I can't live without. Is the Speedy just made to be changed?

Journeyman
    My favourite thread by far. You have answered this; http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...wbie-questions completely

Now just to get the funds together........ Gator? Rally? Gator? Rally?........ both obviously. Plus the SPV2 and ...........

There are some great examples there of how versatile a Speedy is when it comes to looks. I've tried just about every combination going too but I always come back to my favourite which also happens to be the cheapest :-

Speedy looks good on almost anything..!!

Here is mine on a 2 piece NATO

The one thing I've learnt the hard way is... if you're buying new, get it with the bracelet. The kind of money they ask for the OEM bracelet is a disgrace.

My Speedy has always been on the 1450 but thought i would see how it looks on a Louisiana alligator,

a versatile watch indeed for many different straps

The speedy is my go-to watch. I wear it in work as it goes unnoticed yet oozes class.

Anyone have any tan leather strap recommendations?

Craftsman
    There are some great combinations on here, I like the OEM black/deployant but at nigh on £400 it's horrifically expensive. That Louisiana brown gator is lovely also.

I so want a Speedy Pro.