closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Streaming

Master

Streaming

All of my ripped music is backed up on to a ReadNAS Duo. The NAS supports streaming and I decided to have a closer look.

I don't have any hard streaming clients but I thought it might be nice to be able to stream on to various tablets, phones and laptops round the house. The NAS supports two streaming standards Firefly and Itunes. I've fiddled with both but am struggling to find any decent iOS (Ipod Touch Gen 2 / iPad 2), W8 Phone (don't laugh) and Windows 7 clients.

It would also be great to hook a hard client up to the Hi Fi, any recommendations for something cost effective?

I'm a programmer by profession so shower me with tech., I'm just struggling to find a way in to this subject.

Cheers

J.

Master
    Just has another look and DLNA is an option too.

I think the simplest solution would be to sign up for a free Google Play Music account and upload all your music to their servers then you can stream it to any device they do an Music app for.

Journeyman
    Sonos Play One to start it just streams from a shared folder and you can download the Sonos App for Android or Iphone

Sonos Connect can hook up to your existing Hi Fi might be a bit expensive but great kit

I've been streaming my nas to by iPad and iPhone using the arkuda mc app from the iTunes Store using Dlna. It is excellent.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/arkm...405487397?mt=8

Master
    operating on memory here as our readynas is now in the mrs office so apologies for any errors.

The in built itunes server when configured appears as itunes home sharing on the itunes client. I used to have all my music library on my ipad so didn't play with it much but i think the home share option still works with the ipad / iphone itunes client.

I would use the windows equivalent of rsync (sorry I can mind what its called - rcopy???) to keep the itunes library on your pc or mac in sync with the nas.

I configured mine to use the nas as the actual library and found itunes became almost unusable because of the slower access times.

Not sure on which clients to use for the other devices but any dlna client should be able to access the share and see your library.

hth