closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Goldsmiths vouchers - what to buy?

Craftsman

Goldsmiths vouchers - what to buy?

I know these threads have been done before so apologies for that...

I have £110 of Tesco vouchers, the oldest of which are near their expiration date, so I could do with spending them.

Previously I have purchased MB pens and sold them for circa 70% of RRP.

I would however, quite like a Longines Legend Diver, but obviously with my £330 of Goldsmiths vouchers I will still have to stump up £1,050 myself. No discount available if vouchers are used, as far as I am aware.

Is it a stupid purchase? What would I be able to negotiate by way of a discount as a cash buyer?

I have just emailed Banks Lyon asking if I can have 20% off of one, just to test the water.

On the one hand, if i purchase for £1050 of my own cash I'm not going to lose much if I want to flip it, maybe £100 or something (though I haven't checked second hand prices recently), but if I can get 20% off on one anyway then I'm basically throwing the Tesco vouchers away for very little.

Essentially I guess what I'm asking, is what discount I should be able to get on a new Longines Legend Diver from an authorised dealer?

Last time I had vouchers I bought a Montegrappa fountain pen, but they no longer stock them which is a shame. So I'm in a similar predicament, but just thought I'd rather have something I didn't have to chuck loads of cash at. So this week I asked my local GS to order in these 2. I'll decide once they're in which to get, but I'm swaying towards the green (GW-4000). Everyone needs a watch that can handle 12g, just like everyone needs a diver.

towards a service?

new leather strap?

just buy the missus a piece of jewellery

Get yourself a Montblanc wallet/belt/cufflinks (amazing quality and will last years)

Master
    Boring option, but they will re-issue vouchers with a new expiration date. I've done it before.

Alternatively the new Rangeman looks nice

Don't know what your taste in watches is but there are a few Tissot's in the £300-£400 range.

Apprentice
    It's a shame they no longer run the 4x promotion with goldsmiths, which they used to run in the past. Any chance you can have them reissue the vouchers and keep saving? An omega would run you decades of saving, but this LLD would only take a few years for you to accumulate the vouchers from tesco.