closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What a WIS day! NEW TUDOR with PICS

What a WIS day! NEW TUDOR with PICS

Cheers,

I´ve been in Helsinki for the whole day and it seems there has been a lot of activity while I was away :shock:

The day begun great. I took the train in the morning to Helsinki (1h) where I had a meeting with Deano. He was caught up in traffic and SMS´d me that he would be late for a few minutes so out I went and had a big, cold, early afternoon beer in the sunshine while I waited for him to to find a parking lot.

Then we went to have a great lunch in a nice Thai restaurant in the city center and talked watches. And yes - Deano had the whole armada of his with him, and... he also had the NOS Tudor Submariner a friend of his brought me across the pond from NYC a week ago. Wow! It is nice :shock: :D

And speaking of nice watches Deano´s collection is superb. There are a couple of watches I just have to comment.

Sinn EZM4: BIG, but comfy with stunning wrist presence. Just awesome.

Tutima DI 300: after seeing it in real I begun to think about selling my IWC. Honestly - its that good. Fit and finish are superb and oh its comfy. I say it must be one of the becoming classics for sure. One day they will go up in price. You just wait and see.

What else... hmmmmm... I found a great silicon rubber strap for the Tudor for 10? (lowest price on the internet I´ve seen for the strap is 19?). I visited my watch guy and gave the IWC Aquatimer for him to service, agreed on another service for a project vintage Omega Dynamic he´s done for me, collected my better halfs vintage Rado Starfire that he had completely overhauled and made a new crystall to it and, for last but not least, we both agreed that cyclops suck and he will fit the Tudor with another crystall without the darn magnifier when I go to collect the IWC and Dynamic from service... :)

I am wearing the Tudor on the silicon as I type and it is bloody great :!:

Thanks Deano for helping me out on finally acquiring the Tudor Submariner and thank you all for making the TZ-UK the great virtual living room it really is.

Kudos to Eddie

Wow, sounds like a grand day out indeed 8). Glad to hear the long awaited Tudor sub lived up to your expectations.

So, are we going to have to wait for the obligatory 'friday thread' until we see your new babe with the silicones on? Pictures, please, NOW! :D

Yehh, Pictures, Pictures. We want PICTURES.............. :lol:

p.s. Great day out Jussi. :) :)
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman
    the country where every village is a nation

Master

Re: What a WIS day!

Quote Originally Posted by JCJM
    Tutima DI 300: after seeing it in real I begun to think about selling my IWC. Honestly - its that good. Fit and finish are superb and oh its comfy. I say it must be one of the becoming classics for sure. One day they will go up in price. You just wait and see.
    Jussi, you're supposed to convine Deano it's a load of old rubbish so that he sells it to me!!! :roll: :lol:

Sounds pretty much like Jussi Bueller´s Day Off ;-)

Funny, you´ve got warm, sunny weather up there and we got frosty 8°C :x
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Sounds like a good day! 8) :)
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Nice thread. Good to hear it went well, and the weather was on-side.
    I'm looking forward to a thread where pics are taken of watches in the most unlikely and remarkable of places in a City being visited [whatever they might be]:)

Best wishes,
    AP:)

Howdy... SHWBO commanded me to vacuum clean so dirty quick pics for now... :lol:

I´ve tried various leather, Nato, 2 pcs rhino etc and like this the best. Why complicate things unnecessarily when the simplest of solution is usually the best one. I really like the simplicity and stealthines of this strap.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkwindmill
    Jussi, you're supposed to convine Deano it's a load of old rubbish so that he sells it to me!!! :roll: :lol:
    Yeah... the Tutima is a piece of junk you barely could use to time the cooking of your morning eggs :D

I wouldnt use it even for that. Worthless. Crap really :twisted: :D :lol:

Blog Entries
    Jussi

Anytime you want a DI300 against your IWC let me know,i will provide a brand new one full everything on a straight swop and i will throw in the straitjacket for free.

Martin
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad
    Jussi

Anytime you want a DI300 against your IWC let me know,i will provide a brand new one full everything on a straight swop and i will throw in the straitjacket for free.

Martin
    Tempting. Very tempting... :wink:

Honestly? I wasnt joking. - The looks and feel of the Tutima are astonishing for any watch not mentioning the price category of the DI 300. The only drawback I could come up with was the 60 click bezel. It wasnt as "firm" and "authorative" as I hoped it would be. Other than that, if you really think about the price difference and the fact that the IWC doesnt have in-house movement but a slightly modded ETA... Sure. The bracelet sizing is awesome but once you got it done how often you re-size it really? With that off the equation the only real advantages in favor of the AT are the harder titanium and the push-locking bezel ring IMHO.

The DI 300 is a serious watch defying its price category. The IWC delivers in spades but it also costs almost 5 times more bought new.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkwindmill
    Yeah... the Tutima is a piece of junk you barely could use to time the cooking of your morning eggs :D

I wouldnt use it even for that. Worthless. Crap really :twisted: :D :lol:
    It funny you mention eggs. I was using the Di300 to time the eggs for 3 minutes...

...and guess what the Di300 suddenly got all slow and I ended up with my eggs boiled for 10 minutes.!!! :o :o :o

I think I will sell it over the weekend for a few ?uros... :twisted: :twisted:

...stupid watch.

Thanks
    deano

Quote Originally Posted by deano42

It funny you mention eggs. I was using the Di300 to time the eggs for 3 minutes...

...and guess what the Di300 suddenly got all slow and I ended up with my eggs boiled for 10 minutes.!!! :o :o :o

I think I will sell it over the weekend for a few ?uros... :twisted: :twisted:

...stupid watch.

Thanks
    deano
    :shock:

That silicone strap is an excellent choice. Looking at the way it meets at the lugs, it could almost be OEM (if Rolex/Tudor were up-to-date enough to offer such a thing, of course).

Craftsman
    why noy wear the sub on tropic like the Tudor sub MN.

Rolex / Tudor was sold on tropix in 70's

you could found a rubber who have the same look : http://www.21jewels.com/ (around 15 USD shipping cost inculde)

Dynamo

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo
    why noy wear the sub on tropic like the Tudor sub MN.

Rolex / Tudor was sold on tropix in 70's
    Because I dont like the tropic and agree with seamaster 73:

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    That silicone strap is an excellent choice. Looking at the way it meets at the lugs, it could almost be OEM (if Rolex/Tudor were up-to-date enough to offer such a thing, of course).
    :wink:

I really like that silicone strap Jussi, can you tell me where you bought it from please? I have a Tudor that could do with one also :lol:

regards

siggy